Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My First Time at Space!!!!!!!!!

mikeydny

WOW!!!!

Where do I begin, I got there at about 1-1:30, no problem whatsoever at the door with my i.d., I was nervous as hell and for no reason at all.

Oscar gets that crowd going, gets into it, definetely a amazing vibe I felt the minute I walked in to the minute I left, called it a early night, being my first time there, it was more of a learning experience, feeling the place out. Danced a lot, walked around, checked out the patio, everything was amazing.

This place is definetely my new home, and I hope to meet everyone next time I come out, consider me a Space Cadet.

Judge Jules was pretty sick also, playing good beats one after another.

Only problem of the night is the pill I take at like 4 am decides to it doesnt wanna hit me in the club but on the way home on i95, so now ill be up for the rest of the day. :D

-MiKeY.D!!!! :D :D :D:):D :D :D

For as much as everyone bitches about Club Space on this board....everyone would also have to admit that its one great venue, a mind blowing experience especially when you go for the first time! :eek: Glad you had a great time Mikey......Hope to see you soon at one of the meet-ups.

*PS- be careful w/ the pills!

Space is the best hands down ....its an expireience as close to Europe as youll get around here and the USA.

welcome......to spaaaaaace.....space (as Oscar G's intro goes)

people bitch about the weirdest things .........as many have said before dont like dont go.

I've heard the complaints and people bitching, but the closest thing I've had to a problem there is standing in line for over ten minutes......Space is the shit. There's no club like it in Miami. Only things that I have a problem with at Space are:

1. the low ceiling......you get outta there reeking of smoke

2. the siren and the foghorn.......fuck that shit......let's hear the music......those two crowd pleasers only please the mindless majority of the space clientele that don't give a fuck about the music but that think that the best part of their roll is when the siren or the foghorn go off.....it causes them to get really excited for the ensuing couple of minutes......:blown:

This was seriously my first time going out to a club here, and the impression I got of Miami, just by reading the message boards were basically if your a guy your gonna have a shitty chance of getting in, also if your not dressed to kill your not getting in.

1-Last night I had no problem getting in, I was with one of my friends, waited 5 minutes on line, girl let us right in.

2-I definetely was dressed nice, but I thought Space was alot more strict? I seen tons of tshirts, muscle tee's, jeans. Didnt seem to me there was a dress code?

But that doesnt matter I loved the place, my new home. :tongue:

Well my first time in space was so memorable. It actually was for DT, and what a great night that was. My first time @ crobar was timo maas. I think i was so happy to be in there that i really loved his sets while everyone else said it was slow. well about not getting into a club if your a guy thats usually at the beach, but i've heard friends of mine getting pulled out on the side of the line @ space cause it was 2 guys and a girl and the door person said it was for couples only. But he said it only happened once.

Well mikey enjoy your new found glory.

Im not sure why so many people hate the siren and horn so much i think it gives it a nice punch when used properly and the guest Djs loooove it !! the nitrogen tanks are amazing........

especially lately when Oscar drops that song "smoke machine" its on !!!

I like the smoke machine.....I think it's awesome......but the siren and the horn....forget it.....I never heard Digweed sound any of them(Alex Gold used both of them every ten minutes..).......maybe once or twice is ok with me......but the fact is that when those two go off, the music is not heard at all...and when the siren or horn go off, it's usually in the best part of the song....which I actually would prefer hearing blowing up than to have the siren or horn go off........but let's not get into this debate again.....some people like it, some people don't.....

Originally posted by meng

I like the smoke machine.....I think it's awesome......but the siren and the horn....forget it.....I never heard Digweed sound any of them(Alex Gold used both of them every ten minutes..).......maybe once or twice is ok with me......but the fact is that when those two go off, the music is not heard at all...and when the siren or horn go off, it's usually in the best part of the song....which I actually would prefer hearing blowing up than to have the siren or horn go off........but let's not get into this debate again.....some people like it, some people don't.....

Meng's right.....it's always at the best part of the song.....it's almost as if the dj's signaling to all the brain dead fans that "this is the cool part of the song!" We know.....let us listen!

After hearing them alot they get old, at first I was like cool, gets the crowd going but after a while it does get annoying, especially when a sick song is on. Thats the difference with a lot of people in the club though, a lot are only going to get messed up and dance they dont care about the song thats playing, unlike me who is very much into music, like im sure alot of others are at the club. To each his own though...:D :D

I don't mind the horn, it has its cool effects. For example during Tenaglia on Labor day monday, he played a track that was very tribal but it sounded like it was a train rollin on its track then he blew the horn and gave it a feel like if he was going to go on harder and stronger and to my surprise he did that and more.

Originally posted by beyondo

Im not sure why so many people hate the siren and horn so much i think it gives it a nice punch when used properly and the guest Djs loooove it !! the nitrogen tanks are amazing........

damn, ive been agreeing with you way too much lately beyondo!!

:cool: