Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best album of the year

boogie1060

Originally posted by halodbent

other than 2pac & biggie bein dead...nas is the only thing rap has goin for it....well mobb deep, and i was glad to see mr. cheeks go solo..........otha than that it's all stupid shit

mobb deep's new album"infamy" is garbage, nas is not the only person in rap that is good. i guess you didn't hear most of the new albums that dropped this fall, here are a few that i think are the best albums that came out in a while. G.Dep"child of a ghetto"

Jay-Z"Blueprint" and Nas"stillmatic". 2002 will be the end of commercial rap, for people who don't know what that is its rap that gets airplay on MTV, too many rappers are trying to go commercial and lose their skills because they think thats what people want.

i sumwhat agree with u.....the only rappers i really like rite now are Nas and AZ...jay-z is Waaaack, he puts out an album every 6 months...and for mobb deep, i havent really heard their new album that much, and im my opinion their last album sucked, they havent been the same since the infamous and hell on earth.......plus more than half the rappers today only have an album out is cuz their boy made it famous, and got hooked up!

blah blah

Peace,

Dave..

jay-z is Waaaack, he puts out an album every 6 months

Jay-z is on the top right now, because he does not come out with a album every year and a half, he have to keep everything fresh because who wants to hear a single from a album that was made a year and a half ago? did you listen to "the blueprint" its a instant classic.

C'mon...now...

All I need in this world o' sin

Is me and my girlfriend! (ha ha)

I got a little two-two I call 'er Peggy Sue

When I'm off in the club she fit right in my shoe (wooo!)

Gotta switch her to my waist, just in case (uh huh)

A clown wan' flip gotta reach for my bitch

Wanna act out a movie I could give you a clip (buk!)

But no adlibbin' nigga stick to the script

Now all...I...need is a high-priced lawyer

Cuz it's foul ways nowadays everybody saw you

And they comin' to court too, I thought you knew

Can't even steal on a nigga muhfuckas'll sue

In this time and age, cuz real muhfuckas'll do

When I'm surrounded by squeal muhfuckas like you

But real niggas don't fret cuz the number one crew?

R to the O to the C comin' true

"all i need"

i loved jigga back in the day feelin' it, the city is mine, Brooklyn's finest, etc. thats when mtv & the radio wasnt playen his shit every other song.....i liked alot of his recent shit, but i like it when i first hear it, like at least 3 months b4 most people hear it, and when u hear it all day everyday, and people jammen to it, sayen jigga's new song is the shit, it just pisses me off, u know wat im sayen?

U smell me?

Guest saleen351

people still listen to rap???????? Wow I learn something new everyday.....

Halobent, your are soooooooooooooo right, jay z has a new album at least every 6 months, don't get me wrong he is good but a little over doing it now, but that track witht he little kids was phat.

Originally posted by saleen351

people still listen to rap???????? Wow I learn something new everyday.....

Halobent, your are soooooooooooooo right, jay z has a new album at least every 6 months, don't get me wrong he is good but a little over doing it now, but that track witht he little kids was phat.

that was "hard knock life" and that was in 98 and it was a sample from annie.

yes people are still listening to rap, its not disco, pop or any other music that would go away in a few years. if you don't understand you shouldn't listen to it because its a culture that outsiders do not understand.

that was "hard knock life" and that was in 98 and it was a sample from annie. yes people are still listening to rap, its not disco, pop or any other music that would go away in a few years. if you don't understand you shouldn't listen to it because its a culture that outsiders do not understand.

hahaha dude thats hilarious....im talken about the subject, given my 2 cents, maken points, sooo i wouldnt consider myself an outsider to rap, rap was the 1st music ive ever listened to back when i was also listening to New Kids On The Block, haha..i bet u couldnt tell me the same....since i got into house music a few yrs. ago, i didnt sleep on rap, i still listen to every1 i liked.....just now is different becuz there are so many new members to the rap community that are garbage, the only true acts are the ones that been around for a min.

Agree?

Dave..

that remark wasn't towards you, it was to the person who posted"people still listen to rap" like if he's blind and can't see it on TV or on the streets. If people don't listen to rap why is it that a Rap record is number 1 on the billboards everytime a new one drops?

hahaha dude thats hilarious....im talken about the subject, given my 2 cents, maken points, sooo i wouldnt consider myself an outsider to rap, rap was the 1st music ive ever listened to back when i was also listening to New Kids On The Block, haha..i bet u couldnt tell me the same....since i got into house music a few yrs. ago, i didnt sleep on rap, i still listen to every1 i liked.....just now is different becuz there are so many new members to the rap community that are garbage, the only true acts are the ones that been around for a min.

Agree?

Dave..

I AGREE I FEEL THE SAME WAY BACK IN THE DAY I LISTENED TO RAP AND JUST RAP THEN I BEGAN TO LISTEN CLUB DUE TO MY FRIENDS... NEVER SLEPT ON RAP BUT I FELT RAP KINDA SLEPT ON ME... ON THE OTHERHAND THERE ARE STILL A HANDFULL OF REAL MC'S!!!:D AND I KNOW NOT EVERYONE AGREES WIT ME BUT JAY-Z HAS BEEN HOLDIN DOWN THIS RAP GAME FOR A WHILE SINCE BIG AND 2PAC DIED. HIS CD'S YES HAVE BUBBLE GUM SONGS ON THEM BUT THAT IS TO GET THE Z100 AND MTV LISTENERS TO BUY, DONT FORGET HE ALWAYS SAYS HE IS A "HUSTLER" AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS DOIN HUSTLIN PEOPLE IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT. WUT MAKES NAS SO GREAT "ILLMATIC" THATS IT HE IS A GREAT RAPPER BUT HE ISN'T CONSISTENT WIT HIS SHIT 2 SONGS ON EVERY CD THAT SUX. JAY-Z HAS 3 OR FOR RADIO SONGS THE REST ARE JUST LIKE HIM BACK IN THE DAY FROM RESONABLE DOUBT JUST NOT AS GRIMY CAUSE HE IS PAID NOW NOT BROKE AS HE WAS. AND I DONT CARE WUT ANYONE SAYS JADAKISS IS FUKIN HOT AND DIRTY WIT HIS FLOW... AND I DIDNT HEAR FAT JOES RECORD BUT I HEARD IT IS FUKIN HOT AND THAT LIFESTYLES REMIX WIT JADA IS SO FUKIN HOT..."I WILL GO IN THE CLUB AND STEAL CHILI FROM USHER WIT NO ICE":laugh: :laugh: :laugh: