Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hoboken NJ

I live in Hoboken and do go out there occasionally. I don't necessarily think Hoboken is the city rejects at all!

I would have to say that the majority (not everyone) of people who live there are a somewhat preppy, frat type crowd. And people who go out in Hoboken definitely do NOT go out for the music. It is definitely more of the college type bar scene at most of the places.

However, I have heard decent music at a couple of the places...River Street (although the crowd sucks) brings in some DJ's who are decent..I have even had the pleasure of hearing some DT tracks there. Also the basement of Rodeo is not too bad. Even at Whiskey Bar this past Thursday, I heard some stuff that I liked when the band wasn't on....and that was only because we requested some songs... and the DJ was happy to play what we wanted to hear!!

I wish there were better places to hear music (and a better crowd) in Hoboken but the owners just want people playing the bar stuff or even hiphop which I am not a fan of really. I guess with a large amount of "bar type" people going out in Hoboken, that is what the owners want to hear in their places.

:)

:D i live in hoboken......and i go out in the city usually either friday or saturday night....but the bars in hoboken are a good time if you are just going out to drink.....much cheaper too!!.....granted the music is horrible in most cases (except river street), and the crowd isn't the greatest.....but definately not as bad as you are making it sound......if i am with my friends~~then i am having a good time!! :D

Hoboken is ok.. Its more of a drunken meat market hook up sloppy make-out scene.. Which is fun occasionally..

I like Cadillac Bar.. Usually good bands, and small taste of club on other side.. Prefer River Street if anything...

With me, everytime i end up in Hoboken being that Im so close to the city, I end up leavin b4 closing and headed towards the Lincoln Tunnel.. Next thing you know, Im headed out of Lincoln Tunnel at 8am... Uuuuugh...

I totally agree with most of your on your views of Hoboken. I just moved there a little over 5 mths. I used to go to River St. all the time, now I think it's pretty cheesy - lots of nasty guys and bad, bad music. I actually like Rodeo and Mulligan's the best. 10th & Willow isn't that bad, and the crowd in Martini Blue is pretty good/ also decent music.

I don't think it's a place for the city rejects... to be quite honest, I love that I don't live in the city. I like a place to relax and not hear all that noise, however I would prefer to party in the city anyday.

Originally posted by magilicuti

Plus hoboken is like dead after 2am.

The parks there kinda give it something though. Atleast you get to walk around there and get away from the clubs for a bit.

Here is my view on this...

Not everyone wants to stay out until like 12pm the next day. Not everyone wants to pay $30 cover. Someone people dont mind going out to dance a little and hang with their friends.

The all night . all day club scene will eventually wear off for most of you for those who don't tire of it-"they call that addiction-check yourself in!

So Hoboken can be lame yes but like club kitty said if your with your friends you can have a good time almost anywhere!

Hoboken is good for a Friday night when you just want to go out and get drunk and stupid!

:drunk::puke:;) ;)

HOBOKEN serves its purpose, as a lil bit more then a local spot but not exactly a big overpriced club. Its not for city rejects, but for people who wants some of what the city has to offer in a 5 mile radius.

Sometimes you feel like Exit..

Sometimes you Feel like River street

but the difference can be a fun $20 dollar night and a fun $75 - $100 dollar night...

everybody can't buy crystal :)

When me, club kitty, club angel and the rest of our girls get together and go out we could be anywhere and have the best time. As long as there's alcohol that is....lol. Hoboken has alot of cool places to go and get a drink and get silly drunk. If you want really good music and places that are going to go all night then the City is where you want to be.

Why did you ask about Hoboken if you think it's for NYC rejects?

confused.....

Originally posted by teresadf

When me, club kitty, club angel and the rest of our girls get together and go out we could be anywhere and have the best time. As long as there's alcohol that is....lol. Hoboken has alot of cool places to go and get a drink and get silly drunk. If you want really good music and places that are going to go all night then the City is where you want to be.

Why did you ask about Hoboken if you think it's for NYC rejects?

confused.....

i guess i'm not chilling with the right people...

what places do you hit in hoboken teresadf?

Originally posted by magilicuti

i guess i'm not chilling with the right people...

what places do you hit in hoboken teresadf?

If you like just a bar scene go to 10th and Willow. They don't play the greatest music there but it's a fun time. I like River St too. I've been there on Friday and Saturday nights and both are good parties. Those are really the only 2 places I go. :)