Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Padilla..the rebirth..in Ft. Lauderdale

sgtfury

Starting Dec. 29, David Padilla will take over the saturday residency at Stereo, in Ft. Lauderdale. In regards to being known as a "trance" DJ, David has said this in regards to his new saturday spot: " I began DJing almost 25 years ago in NY...my roots are with house music, I started with Dave Morales...I dont wish to be classified as just a trance DJ....my style will represent house, progressive, as well as trance..my goal is to take everyone to a higher level"...Dave is on tour in South America and Santa Domingo for the next 3 weeks, returning to the US for Dec. 29 at Stereo...

"David Padilla landed on South Beach in 1989, where he spun the crowd wild at the legendary Warsaw Ballroom for eight years, and his taste for trance was slowly bubbling under. He was a pioneer at the time, being the first DJ in South Beach to gain national recognition for his unforgettably diverse marathon sets at this acclaimed establishment.

Israel, Holland, Germany, Panama, Brazil, Colombia, and cities across the United States have endured Padilla's poignant blitzkrieg. Thousands of faithful listeners keep coming back for more, like a cult following, worshiping his every move. He's inspired consummate reverence, acquiring residencies throughout the world, most recently at Amsterdam's Kremlin and maintaining his musical realm at The Mix, which Padilla calls home."

Padilla may have strayed away from the path but his accolades speak for themselves. I hope he's serious about changing his tune.

sigh... kids these days!!!

Padilla deserves respect for the trend setter that he was. He was more popular and ahead of his time than any resident here is today.

Padilla and Waxman ruled this town and put us on the road to where we are now.

Its true he is not like he used to be, and I personally don't care for his hard druggy sound today. But he certanly gets my respect for what he has done.

Retardo, Padilla has gone up and down, but your still going nowhere.

Love him or hate him, you have to give him credit for what he's done down here. My only beef has been in my eyes he sorta covered up his past for a little bit when he dived headlong into trance. Meaning he sort of disowned house altogether, when he was a pioneer of it down here. A certain CPer even has a mixtape of him doing a diva house set at Warsaw.

beyondo...check your PM's

everyone else: dave is my good friend...on top of that i think hes one of the best DJ's there is...personally, ill always try and help my friends and professionally, i have great respect for him...

dave got a lot of this started here in miami and in many ways, he doesnt get the respect he deserves...i appreciate your supportive words.

I went to that gig last Saturday night, and despite the negative comments in this post, Padilla made everybody in the club dance.

He obviously still knows how to move a crowd, and that's probably why management there decided to take him on every weekend. He must be doing something right.

Peace!