Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Tiesto and Draper were sick...

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

I have to give it up to Exit. They are starting to pick up their shit. But they need to do something with Draper. If you dont wanna get rid of him, send him to do one of the side rooms. Some of the dj's(mike bugout, justin) that played the side rooms in past could do a better job opening up for these big name dj's. Then you let the big boys close out the club. This way everyone will be happy. Plus, Exit could possibly get a good rep. overseas and start to pull in even more big names. Thats just my opinion.......

werd

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with glowgrlnyc that crowd did suck big time. Ppl kept on moving inside the place instead of f#$king dancing. I was by DJ booth for a bit and I saw Draper get all pissed of when ppl were passing him stuff for Tiesto to sign. :D

Overall it was a good nite. Music was great for listening but slowed down on and off a lot. I like to see a climax for at least 30 minutes of non stop fast music. I saw Ferry Cornsten spin at Ibiza like that in Ibiza past summer and the entire club was jumpin' :bounce: I hope to see him here in NYC soon

glowgrlnyc...i dunno about the yellow and black colors. I just saw a lot of red and the girl was blonde. So it might of been you. I think there was another guy wearing the same but just a lot of blue instead of red.

Yeah the thing that sucked was that the place was way too crowded. But there's nothing you could do about that. About the people walking instead of dancing. I get pissed too when people walk by me while I'm dancing and we bump into each other. I mean, if they purposely bump into it's fucked up. But sometimes it's unavoidable. Cause I bump into sometimes when I'm trying to get from point A to point B. I try to avoid them at all costs. I even wait sometimes if I see someone really breaking out moves, cause I don't want to get in there way and break there flow, cause I know I hate that when it happens to me.

I have to give it up to Exit. They are starting to pick up their shit. But they need to do something with Draper. If you dont wanna get rid of him, send him to do one of the side rooms. Some of the dj's(mike bugout, justin) that played the side rooms in past could do a better job opening up for these big name dj's. Then you let the big boys close out the club. This way everyone will be happy. Plus, Exit could possibly get a good rep. overseas and start to pull in even more big names. Thats just my opinion.......

Noel did an excellent job opening up for Tiesto!

i def agree nycmuzic, they need to give draper the boot and start to bring in more up and comers to get the ball rollin before the big shows. especially bug out, i def give him props, workin his ass off and gettin no appreciation. get rid of draper and it will open up new doors for them

Originally posted by stoked

I agree with glowgrlnyc that crowd did suck big time. Ppl kept on moving inside the place instead of f#$king dancing. I was by DJ booth for a bit and I saw Draper get all pissed of when ppl were passing him stuff for Tiesto to sign. :D

Overall it was a good nite. Music was great for listening but slowed down on and off a lot. I like to see a climax for at least 30 minutes of non stop fast music. I saw Ferry Cornsten spin at Ibiza like that in Ibiza past summer and the entire club was jumpin' :bounce: I hope to see him here in NYC soon

i CANNOT wait to see ferry corsten spin, he is one of my favorite djs and i have mulitple videos of him doing live sets from innercity, and he just makes the crowd go fucking nuts

For a moment I felt sorry for Draper. But it's like watching a boxing match between, say Tyson and some weak left fielder rookie, who's taking a harsh and brutal beating. It's a different class, but you can't be sorry for the rookie. He's outclassed, but he should have stayed away from the match to begin with.

Originally posted by realz

Noel did an excellent job opening up for Tiesto!

Exactly bro.....Luis Diaz opened up for PVD at Twilo and he set the stage for him perfectly. The Exit promoters and management should keep doing this but let the main dj close the night out. With Tony closing out its a huge clash of styles. Move him to a side room if you cant get rid of him.........:)

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS SICKKKK I NEVA SEEN THAT MUCH ENERGY IS EXIT TOTAL INSANE AND THAS WAS HILARIOUS WHEN BANDCAMP CRAASHED LOLLLLL....IM GONNA HAVE TO START AGREE WIT PPL DRAPER IS GONNA HAVE TO STICK WIT AFTERHOURS ALL THE EXIT TRACKS JUST DIDN'T SEEM TO HIT ME LIKE THEY USE TO AND THEN HE TRIED GOIN TRANCY AND PLAYED ON THE RUN LOLLL

TIESTO WAS GOIN NUTZ IN THE BOOTH WHEN HE WAS DJING LOL

NICE MEETING SOME NEW PPL LAST NIGHT AND THE USUALLY HEADS FOR THE MEET UPS NICE MEETING U 2 mssabina..:D

Originally posted by dzadza

For a moment I felt sorry for Draper. But it's like watching a boxing match between, say Tyson and some weak left fielder rookie, who's taking a harsh and brutal beating. It's a different class, but you can't be sorry for the rookie. He's outclassed, but he should have stayed away from the match to begin with.

i couldn't agree with you more.... i was standing behind the booth for a while watching Tiesto work his stuff.... Draper was in the booth with him and had this look on his face as if Tiesto just castrated him..... felt kinda bad, but i think a lot of DJs would have felt the same way...

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

where were these B-Boys?

Mugz...remember me? that Blonde chick wearing

the motocross (racing) jersey....

hi

:):tongue:

And I agree that Tiesto was AMAziNG...But...Exit Vibe Sucked Big time!!!!

I do indeed..

great meeting you for all of two seconds..

The motorcross crew you where with

had the right energy that place needs!

Spread it everywhere you go..

(((HUGZ)))

Exactly bro.....Luis Diaz opened up for PVD at Twilo and he set the stage for him perfectly. The Exit promoters and management should keep doing this but let the main dj close the night out. With Tony closing out its a huge clash of styles. Move him to a side room if you cant get rid of him.........:)

exactly

yup.. diaz is sick.. i saw him alone for the first time at factory in august and he tore the roof off the place.. but your right, he used to set the stage perfectly for pvd.. he understood what building the nite up was all about and then having pvd go on and get intense :D

My review:

The first DJ Noel S, I thought he sucked. That was the most repetitive stuff I have ever heard, at the point of 2am me and my friend were frustrated and bored. But then at about 2:15 Tiesto came on, thats def brightened the night. The crowd was a little off tho. In front of the both where I was, there were Tiesto fans, the rest of the club was people who probally never heard of him. The club was way to packed and the pushing was a little over board. And whats with people taking off there shirts? Thats like disrepectful, freaking juice heads who arent even that big. That ruins the scene. Exit needs to put a limit on how many people they let in, I mean after the door pulls in 200 grand isnt that enough? The music was amazing, I really liked the set. It was a little different then the usual exit hard house, but that was even a little different for tiesto also, he spun hard compared to some of his past mixs. The exit hard house clubbers didnt look happy, thats ok they shouldnt have came. Despite all the bad vibes and obnoxious people, I had a good time, and would def go back to see tiesto again.

Originally posted by gammateam

My review:

The first DJ Noel S, I thought he sucked. That was the most repetitive stuff I have ever heard, at the point of 2am me and my friend were frustrated and bored. But then at about 2:15 Tiesto came on, thats def brightened the night. The crowd was a little off tho. In front of the both where I was, there were Tiesto fans, the rest of the club was people who probally never heard of him. The club was way to packed and the pushing was a little over board. And whats with people taking off there shirts? Thats like disrepectful, freaking juice heads who arent even that big. That ruins the scene. Exit needs to put a limit on how many people they let in, I mean after the door pulls in 200 grand isnt that enough? The music was amazing, I really liked the set. It was a little different then the usual exit hard house, but that was even a little different for tiesto also, he spun hard compared to some of his past mixs. The exit hard house clubbers didnt look happy, thats ok they shouldnt have came. Despite all the bad vibes and obnoxious people, I had a good time, and would def go back to see tiesto again.

Noel Sanger sucked? Bro.. clean the wax in your ears, he ripped it up.

did anyone who went notice like i did that in spite of all their renovations (not too shabby on the visual side of the things i might add), their main floor audio setup is still piss ass poor?

maybe it had to do with some overzealousness on the eq knobs, but it would seem tiesto would have a handle on that... or maybe he was just trying to conform to the headrattling rumbling and indiscernible bass characteristic of exit's usual hardhouse and trance?

and the crowds were a bitch... not that people were unfriendly or anything, but just wayy too crowded...

i had a decent time overall, but it wasnt worth 30 bucks

Originally posted by darkfyre

did anyone who went notice like i did that in spite of all their renovations (not too shabby on the visual side of the things i might add), their main floor audio setup is still piss ass poor?

It is piss ass poor. Even worse.