Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Att : Mr. Luis Puig

sobeton

"THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE NOW BAD MOUTHING SPACE AND MAKING COMMENTS WITHOUT KNOWING THE EVENTS THAT LED TO THE END OF OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH EDGAR. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT LOYALTY FOR SPACE. I AM TALKING ABOUT LOYALTY FOR EDGAR V. ANYONE WHO READS YOUR POSTS WOULD ASSUME THAT YOU WERE THERE EVERY SINGLE FRIDAY NIGHT TO BACK UP EDGAR. WELL, WHERE WERE YOU? THIS IS A QUESTION YOU MUST ASK YOURSELF BEFORE JUMPING ON THE "I LOVE EDGAR" AND "I HATE SPACE""

Luis,

You have been in this business, long enough to know Friday is a tuff night; for any club. Most people have to work Monday-Friday. By Friday nite, they are simply exhausted, and would much rather spend a little down time. I'm sure attendance on Saturday; is far greater than Friday. This board has shown mostly, "support " for Space both in our attendance, and our post. So, I take issue with your remarks. This a message board about nightlife, people come here to share ,their insight about the scene.. It may at times be negative, but it’s their opinion and they are entitled to such.

You have many choices in life. one of which is; to sit back and accept what's put before you, or stand up to let your voice be heard. You must admit it was, our "discontent " that led to the changes, at your club. Not to mention, your appearance on this board.

I appreciate the fact that you are part of this board. However, understand that not everything said about space; may be to your liking. Personally, I am not happy with your decision, and I make absolutely no apologies ,in stating so. Edgar has been loyal to Space; almost to a fault. Even in our most discontent times with Space. Edgar always stood firm; while also understanding our unhappiness. That to me speaks volumes about his character and loyalty. Speaking with him personally ;only solidified this. His music talent speaks for it's self..

I sincerely doubt myself; or anyone else will stop supporting space, because you released Edgar. " Music is the entrée; everything else is just an appetizer "

Peace, Tony

Originally posted by sobeton

I sincerely doubt myself; or anyone else will stop supporting space, because you released Edgar.

beloved mr. puig,

i have to agree with sobeton on this one... it is not the release of edgar that will stop us from going there, but rather your wonderful staff that will take care of that. i do not know if you have read (or if you even care to read) our top five post. you might have noticed a lot of our top five nights took place at space. i for one can tell you as long as i decide to ignore the fact that space has the rudest staff and most disagreeable crowd (that was rather nice of me), i will attend ONLY to a special event (because renaissance, deep dish, john digweed and danny tenaglia are worth it). do NOT for a second think i will make it there for a regular weekend night because it will not happen. by the way, i am not the only one that feels this way. sorry mr. puig, but you set yourselves up on this one.

sincerely,

marcos

Luis What the hell are you talking about loyalty. Block head I bet you're the first one breaking that loyalty BS!!! you're talking about. You just care about making your green that the bottom line and you know for a fact Edgar V. is the guy that got you that green.damn i love to see the amount of Bullshit you talk cause man if there is a loyal person in the dj business out there is Edgar V. You know this is going to affect your club hard and i mean really hard. If there is a stupid move you have ever done is this one. I think the drugs are affecting your brain hard, stupid move Luis. Stop with that shit man think about what you have done. There are alot of Edgar V. fans out there. Man if there is something i have ever done is talk good about space and how good Edgar V. is. Guy there was at least 30 something people going to space on friday for a B-day that i know for next week to hear Edgar spin. Now ask them if they are going now.(NOT)there are at least 30 to 50 people that i know that go just to hear Edgar spin every Friday and i know for a fact they won't go anymore. I MEAN A FACT. I know my numbers of Edgar V fan are small ,how about the other people i don't know that are fans of him 20 more over here,10 over there and 5 over there. That builts up Luis and thats lost for you. i'm not a trance lover but i respect it,Tribal is my love. If there's a person i like to hear DJ trance and House cause Luis you know he could throw the tribal hard is Edgar V. the only trance dj i will go support. Screw George Acosta and David Padilla, Edgar is the man. Like people say in life (SOMEONES LOST IS SOMEONE GAIN).Edgar if you read this man i'm 200% supporter of you. My end to Fridays at Space has come for me and the True Edgar V. fans will go to.

Peace

Edgar V. true supporter and friend

even though i've never been a big fan of edgar's sounds, i have to stand up for him as a person. i've only met him occasionally in passing at grooveman/spec's or anywhere else i happened to see that guy hanging out taking note of who was playing elsewhere in town. the guy loves his music, and stands up for what he believes. now i'm not sure what happed here, nor do i really care, but the reason i want to join this conversation is due to the fact that loyalty has come into play here.

i don't attend space on a regular basis, and thats due to loyalty. the only time i come into that club is if a guest dj that i want to see is playing that night. why you ask? maybe it's due to the fact that i'm a pretty normal looking guy, i don't toss around $$ like i'm trying to impress anyone. i go out for one reason.... MUSIC! i'm a music lover first and foremost. i don't give 2 shits about the glam, the drugs, the fake tits, the muscle boys and the whole nine yards associated with it. and because of this reason 99.9% of the time that equates in me and my roomate standing outside the club waiting for an hour for somebody to finally let us in.if at all. (even if the place is half empty)

now due to the fact that i work for boxed/globalunderground and one way or another know most of the guest dj's that space brings in, i'm usually taken care of eventually, but most of the time even being on the guestlist, it's a hassle. one time i got an email from danny tenaglia when he was asking questions about using our messageboard, and he mentioned to me his distaste for space's door policy on nights that he plays there. i have however noticed since he mentioned that to me, a change seems to have taken place on nights when he's in town. but, how about the rest of the nights?? if i turned up tonight wearing sneakers or jeans, i doubt the cops out front would even let me to get in line for the club, let alone get in! i would think danny tenaglia would know a bit what he's talking about with the "be yourself" vibe an attitude. but then again, who am i to offer suggestions?

now i'm gonna tell you a bit about loyalty. rain. yes where the former groovejet piped in the REAL talent in this town! for the past 2 weekends that i've gone, i've been treated like a king. ropes open as soon as i walk in, guestlist is taken care of immediately. no problems with whatever i'm wearing. i could show up w/ underwear on my head, and i'd still be sorted and treated like a person and not a dollar bill. so you wanna know loyalty? guess where i'll be every friday night? yep, rain. being treated w/ respect. reguardless of who's on the decks. now thats loyalty both ways. show some, receive some.

I cannot believe that the powers that be let the Miami cops play doorman outside of the club. I'm usually treated decently, camera or not, at Space, since I go pretty much for the afterhours, but I hate it when the stormtroopers out front cop attitudes, either to me, or to other clubgoers. I usually convince them that I'm not worth hassling ("You don't need to see my identification..") over, but I feel that the cops are out of line spuriously picking on people.

Can anybody shed light on the subject? Are the cops absolutely required to be right on top of the club? I would think they'd be best serving their purpose chilling over in the parking lot, rather than skunking around the door, trampling on civil rights and pretty much comparing their dick sizes. If I ran a place downtown, I'd damn make sure that the cops stood off.