Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Am Teaching You All A Lesson!!

spacious2

I WANT EVERYONE'S ATTENTION....THE LORD OF CLUBLAND IS SPEAKING!!! IN CASE ALL YOU IGNORANT MIAMI CLUBBERS DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEANT IN MY EARLIER POSTS...IM GOING TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU...I FIRED EDGAR V TO TEACH YOU ALL A LESSON....IM PUNISHING YOU FOR HAVING A OPINION...IM PUNISHING YOU FOR EXPRESSING WHO YOUR FAVORITE DJ IS AND WHO ISNT...IM PUNISHING YOU FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT SPACE....AND MOST OF ALL...IM PUNISHING YOU FOR STAYING HOME ON FRIDAY NIGHTS!! YES..REMEMBER WHEN I ASKED "WHERE WERE YOU" WELL. MY FRIDAY NIGHT NUMBERS HAVE BEEN DOWN AND FOR THIS ACT OF DEFIANCE IM GOING TO PUNISH YOU BY FIRING THE GUY THAT EVERYBODY LIKES!!!!! IM GOING TO PUNISH YOU ALL BY FIRING THE GUY THAT PEOPLE COME TO SEE ON FRIDAY NIGHTS....YES, OH YES, EDGAR IS MY GOING TO BE THE LAMB LED TO SLAUGHTER......

AND ONE MORE THING...LOYALTY IS THE FIBER THAT HOLDS US ALL TOGETHER...IT IS A SACRED BOND..AND ON THAT NOTE, IM GOING TO FIRE THE DJ THAT STARTED WITH SPACE AND MIXED OUR FIRST BEST SELLING CD!!

TAKE THIS AS A WARNING....HOWEVER, YOU HAD ALL BETTER BE IN SPACE THIS WEEKEND, BUYING 12 DOLLAR DRINKS WITH SMILES ON YOUR FACE...OR OSCAR G IS NEXT....

I hope you're kidding. Love house or hate it, Oscar is a master of the genre. For all of Space's faults, it's the only place that took a chance on him, and managed to build up his local stature. Honestly, I'd much rather hear Oscar than a lot of the international/global underground/whatever talent.

Lately, I've began to realise that a lot of the so-called "global" or international talent is a lot of hype. The only sets by visiting house talent worth mentioning lately have been by Lee Burridge, Dave Seaman, and DT. At best, the others merely have a competency at the decks, they really don't stand out. It's probably what led me to see what our own local talent has to offer in the last month or so. Talent like Luis Diaz (though I've loved his sets for years...), Ariel Baund, DJ Iggy, Drew, Sheldon and Vaughn up at the Lust Party, as well as the others have given me something to look forward to on the weekends, even when the 'big guys' aren't in town. Some may think our guys are just ripping off the big NYC talent, but it's far from the truth...you can find tech-house sounds, good tribal/vocal sounds, and progressive trance sounds that I really haven't seen in abundance anywhere else. Progressive house is all fine and dandy, I'm out on the floor dancing like a fool when Danny T. comes to town, but give the other varieties a chance, too.

It seems that lately on here there's sort of a predjudice against our own talent here in Miami. I'm too lazy to dig up quotes, but it seems the general attitude is "I'll stay home," if there's no one "special" in town. I'm not saying that people should make a career out of nightlife, going out six nights a week, but that you should just give our local guys a chance. "Just Listen to your local DJ, and hear what he has to say..."

Yeah, I overanalyzed the above, but it gave me a chance to say this :).

Murk, Liberty City, Funky Green Dogs... Oscar G & Ralph Falcon can do NO wrong! These guys were doing stuff from day 1!!! Pick up any old Tribal Americe compilations(which later became Twisted), and you will hear some history!!! You might even want to pick up a copy of an early DDR (Deep Dish Records) complilation cd and you might be in for a shock!!! You wanna hear some house!!! And you thought Edgar was nice, Oscar is a true class-act!!! POD is soooooooo right on his latest post here that it hurts! The only way for Miami to ever have a real scene is to cultivate one locally!There is a huge difference on actually having a scene, as opposed to just being able to stay open 24 hours a day and buy one!!! Anyone can get an investor and ANYONE can call a booking agent... but it takes a lot more to put politics aside and really create something special!!!

to go or not to go?? I think I'll go and give it a fair fighting chance, though this stuff posted is as funny and menial as it can get, if space is anyhting like it was when they visited NY in the summer it should be pretty good ( for miami, no pun intended) Esp. compared to the other choices, and yes even when DT spun here ( god like fuigure on the home front I here he's running for mayor of NYC)

this should be good

Originally posted by xtreme-1

to go or not to go?? I think I'll go and give it a fair fighting chance, though this stuff posted is as funny and menial as it can get, if space is anyhting like it was when they visited NY in the summer it should be pretty good ( for miami, no pun intended) Esp. compared to the other choices, and yes even when DT spun here ( god like fuigure on the home front I here he's running for mayor of NYC)

this should be good

From a music perspective; I am sure Space won’t disappoint. Ultimately, the music is all that should really matter.. DT for Mayor. lol where will his official residence be ? It certainly won’t be Gracie Mansion. :laugh:

Originally posted by spacious2

AND MOST OF ALL...IM PUNISHING YOU FOR STAYING HOME ON FRIDAY NIGHTS!! YES..REMEMBER WHEN I ASKED "WHERE WERE YOU" WELL. MY FRIDAY NIGHT NUMBERS HAVE BEEN DOWN AND FOR THIS ACT OF DEFIANCE IM GOING TO PUNISH YOU BY FIRING THE GUY THAT EVERYBODY LIKES!!!!! IM GOING TO PUNISH YOU ALL BY FIRING THE GUY THAT PEOPLE COME TO SEE ON FRIDAY NIGHTS....YES, OH YES, EDGAR IS MY GOING TO BE THE LAMB LED TO SLAUGHTER......

:confused: