Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MUGZ & SBJ's red carpet "LORD OF THE RINGS MOVIE REVIEW"..(pics +Q&A with stars)

OK so I promised you all a review and here it is.

First of all before you go on further and read the entire Fantasy

dork babble I'm about to lay on you guys I warn you..

THERE ARE MAJOR SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!

Having said that here it goes:

"MUGZ AND SEXY BITCH JENNY AT THE LORD OF THE RINGS

FUNDRAISER PREMIER WITH CAST AND DIRECTOR"

or

(There and back again..by Mugz)

attachment.php?s=&postid=569651

Well, the good folks at CP hooked this Mugwump and SBJ to the movie experience of a life time at the LOTR "Fellowship" Movie fundraiser premier last Thursday night..

Tickets started at $125 (balcony seating and goody bags) and went to $500 (Movie plus FULL ACCESS TO THE AFTER PARTY)

SBJ and Myself ran four blocks to the fabulous Zeigfield movie theater after being stuck in traffic for an hour to make sure we got good seats. On arrival the line appeared to coil down the block and our hopes where shattered (thoughts of backrow seats filling our imagination) but as luck would have it we ended up having middle row balcony seats (perfect for surround sound) and to be honest with you: there really isn't a bad seat at the Zeigfield!

Walking up the red carpet SBJ started to act like a prima donna movie star and signed a few autographs (for confused fans that didn't quite know what character she played in the movie) Once inside we got our free popcorn baggies and Sodas and settled in our seats with fellow Tolkien fans that we met in line (HEAVY ONERING.COM ATTENDANCE!) Waiting for the lights to dim we caught glimpses of movie stars, musicians and all kinds of media hounds in the audience eagerly awaiting the film to start.. Finally after thirty minutes of waiting Governor Pataki got up in front

of a Mike and thanked everyone for making it..Peter Jackson handed a check for thirteen grand raised by ticket sales for the Firemen and families of TWTC incident..The cast was introduced one by one (all except Ian Mkellen and Kate Blanchet where in attendance).. After the audience was done applauding and whistling the lights began to dim(A certain Ethan Hawk was quite the rowdy heckler three rows in front of us by the way) as the air thickened with anticipation and excitement...

When NEW LINE CINEMA'S LOGO APPEARED THE ROOM EXPLODED IN WHISTLES AND SCREAMS and then the movie started..

THE MOVIE

attachment.php?s=&postid=569369

What can I say about a movie that lasts three hours and feels like thirty minutes (at the most) Peter jackson couldn't have done a more magnificent job in capturing the atmosphere and grandeur of the first installment of Tolkien LORD OF THE RINGS. He spared no detail and stuck so close to the original text of the books that one could perhaps followed along with the book word for word in some scenes. Each character was perfectly played by the powerful super star line up of actors. Gandalf was perfectly captured by Ian Mckellen, Frodo fully embodied by Elijah wood and the entire cast; Liv Tyler, Christopher Lee, Viggo Mortensen, sean astin, Cate Blanchett, John Rhys davies, Billy Boyd, Dominic Monoghan, Orlando Bloom,Hugo Weaving and Ian Holm(as Bilbo) pulled of what was once scoffed at by critics as an "Impossible movie to make".

Every single character was a DEAD ON PHYSICAL INCARNATION FROM THE PAGES OF TOLKIEN (if There's any justice in Hollywood there should be Oscar buzz for numerous of them.)

I won't give too much of the movie's secrets away (The Balrog looks phenomenal and the short glimpses of Golum are more than eerily satisfying) but I will warn all you Tolkien purist that Jackson has "cut some of the fat" away and loose ends of the story that he felt irrelevant to the story's flow. Tom Bombedil is among the casualties as are several minor details at Hobbiton (explaining the inheritance of Bilbo's estate among family etc..) of the script but in the end it matters not. The three hours could have easily been stretched to four with all the details of Tolkien's world in the book but Jackson chose to stick to the MEAT of the story and drive the tale home..

As we follow Frodo through his journey with his burden we encounter a brilliant combination of digital magic and make up wizardry that makes Star Wars look and feel like a children's elementary school play.

attachment.php?s=&postid=571546

The Orcs are more horrible than I could have possibly imagined As are the Goblins and Trolls. The scene with the Balrog and Gandalph's fall into darkness are breath taking As are the seas of digitally created warriors in the battle scenes and the fantastic sweeps through (and directly into) the heart of Morodor. There are dazzling costumes and moving scenes with Elves (undelined by Enya's dreamy and very appropriate score). Kate blanchet is beautiful and terrifying As the lady of light and Liv Tyler is radiant and power full As Galadriel (She is sexier than ever confessing her love to Stryder in "Elvish") The computer generated magic is so cleverly weeved that you hardly question the fact that characters are shrunken pulled and morphed to resemble

actual elves and Hobbits (Alijah's face is disfigured ever so slightly so his eyes are anatomically bigger than his own to resemble a Hobbit As are the sizes of the Hobbits, Dwarfs and Orcs). I am also very surprised at the way Jackson captured the psychology of the film. The audience cheered at The Cave trolls death, Cried during Gandalph's fall(SBJ went through three boxes of cleanex) and where moved with the Loyalty between Frodo and Sam during the final climax of the movie..(Putting an end to the age old "gay" relationship conspiracy theory between the two characters.) In fact Sam's loyalty to his Frodo is perhaps thee most powerful scene in the movie and the CORE of what the next two movies will be propelled by. In the end the soul of the movie still remains on the shoulders of these two characters. As Kate Blanchet speaks to Frodo by the looking well: "Even the smallest of all creatures can make a power change in this world."

THE AFTER MOVIE SHMOOZE

After the final scene faded to dark and the credits rolled SBJ and myself headed down to the lobby where we hobb knobbed with the stars and director. Liv Tyler was very graceful (But a bit camera shy when SBJ asked her to take a picture with her licking her Elf ears)..We talked about my stretched lobes and she even rubbed my newly shaved head. I have never turned such a shade of red in my life. She is one of those perfect genetically symmetrical creatures that are so beautiful to look at that one tends to feel a slight pain in the brain. Like looking into the center of a light bulb..or directly at the sun.

attachment.php?s=&postid=571353

*(Far left Glen close, Liv swapping digits with Ethan Hawk)

Peter Jackson was like a giant hobbit himself. Jolly and full of polite shy comments. After appraising his work we talked about the next two installments to follow.

"Looks like I have lots of work ahead of me" he chuckled As he autographed my book..

attachment.php?s=&postid=571355

*Mugz,Peter Jackson, Jeff and Laura (from onering.com)

attachment.php?s=&postid=571502

Sean Astin was very cool As well..snaging Alijah Wood over to introduce him to me..(But allas I was too star struck to take picture of FRODO..DOH!)

Unfortunately Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan were kinda hard to round up

or else I might have had a picture and a conversation with ALL the Hobbits.

Nevertheless Alijah hung with the Mugzter and SBJ for a minute or so

before getting kidnapped by a mob of fans with books to be autographed..

attachment.php?s=&postid=571442

*Samwise(Sean Astin after Frodo got kidnapped by fans..

notice my retarded expression as I think to myself;

"shit I missed the op to photograph Alijah wood!")

However my favorite encounter was with John Rhys Davies..

who laughed and boomed his voice in a way that made me smile

and remember watching him As a child in the Indian jones movies.

He is by far the LARGEST DWARF I've ever seen.

attachment.php?s=&postid=571440

*John Rhys Davies chillin with a mugwump

attachment.php?s=&postid=571480

Star struck and dizzy with celebrity encounter "after glow" SBJ and myself walked out

of the Zeigfield with goody bags, autographs a large Styrofoam poster and memories

that will never fade.

Very cool to meet all of you guys..

See you next year..

(I hope)

*THANK YOU CP..

I am forever your humble MUGSLUT from this day forward..

THE FELLOWSHIP

attachment.php?s=&postid=567053

*Elijah Wood

Frodo Baggins, Bearer of the Ring

*Sean Astin

Samwise Gamgee, Frodo's faithful companion

*Billy Boyd

Peregrin Took (Pippin)

*Dominic Monaghan

Meriadoc Brandybuck (Merry)

*Ian McKellen

Gandalf, the old wizard

*Viggo Mortensen

Aragorn, Dunedain Chieftain of Arnor

*John Rhys-Davies

Gimli, Son of Gloin and Treebeard (voice)

*Orlando Bloom

Legolas, Silvan elf from Mirkwood

*Sean Bean

Boromir, son of Denethor II

*Cate Blanchett

Galadriel, Lady of the Golden Wood

* Ian Holm

Bilbo Baggins, Ringfinder

*Christopher Lee

Saruman, the fallen wizard John Leigh

*Liv Tyler

Arwen, the Evenstar Martyn Sanderson

*David Wenham

Faramir

Papa; SBJ was a bit of a "ham" (to say the least)..

She tried to lick Liv tylers ears and complained

to her face that she looked better with the ELF one's

she wore in the movie

(the nerve!)

And I won't even bring up what she asked Glen Close about

Dalmations or how pissed she got because non of the celebs

wanted HER autograph.

*sigh...

NEVER THE LESS HERE ARE SOME OF THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS FROM MY POLL:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70917&highlight=need+questions+for+Lord+of+the+rings

*Couldnt hit them all but here's what I got:

attachment.php?s=&postid=571620

*entire cast before show with Gov Pataki, New Line cinema's head honcho and P. Jackson..

(COTTON CANDY DREAM'S QUESTIONS)

1) Did you feel a connection to the character you portrayed?

*Liv: "yes I loved the character of Arwen..Elvish came quite easily to me. I must have been an Elf in another life!"

*Sean astin: "The part became me like a suit after the first week. I really felt like I was living in Middle Earth"

*Alija: "I related to Hobbit mentality. And Sean's got hairy Hobbit feet like Sam does so it was inspirational to work with a real life Hobbit"

*John R Davies: "The role was an incredible task with so much makeup on..Once I read the script and looked in the mirror with the costume I was Gimli"

2) Had you read the books before benign cast in the movie?

*Alijah: (giggling) "no..but I am now"

*Liv: 'They are my favorite books from my youth"

* Sean "only made it to The Two Towers.."

* J.R.D: "Magnificent works of art.."

3) Who was your favorite character from the series?

* Liv: "all of them"

*sean: "sam"(looks at Alijah and changes his vote)

"umm..Frodo?"

TILLY'S:

1)What inspired you to do this film?

*Sean: "My agent..laughs, No The Tolkein series..it was an amazing

roll to jump into"

*Alijah: "money" (laughs and gets pulled away by fans)

2) Did you have to do any special training to prepare for your role or character?

*liv: " I had to learn Elvish and ride a horse"

* Sean: "I had to learn how to sink in water really good"

attachment.php?s=&postid=571613

Sean getting "sassy" with my buddies from:

www.theonering.net

Originally posted by tilly

Nice work Maudy!

Glad my questions added to the experience.

;)

Thank you..

Thanks to the questions I printed out

I was able to pretend I was "PRESS"

and squeeze through all the reporters

and magazine photographers..

Look for pictures of Mugz and SBJ in

a future issue of PREMIER and STARLOG..

;)

Guest tilly
Originally posted by mugwump

Thank you..

Thanks to the questions I printed out

I was able to pretend I was "PRESS"

and squeeze through all the reporters

and magazine photographers..

Look for pictures og Mugz and SBJ in

a future issue of PREMIER and STARLOG..

;)

I think the real reason you got star treatment was the hooch you had in tow...she certainly knows how to dazzle 'em.