Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mos Def @ Twirl NYE 2002

FYI - approximately 450 tickets sold as of today.

This event looks like it will get sold out before December 31st. In addition, ticket prices may increase for the last hundred tickets sold. Most people on this message board have been to Twirl and know that it does not hold more than 900 people... Just an FYI... hint.. hint...

i dont know if you remember me. My name is Greg Lauren.We had an email correspondence before. I send you my demo. I actually spun at West 8th, on Dec 18th., for TagNYC. Did a 2 hour set. Very nice place.Nice vibe. I was wondering if I could open up at one of your parties there.Take a listen,tell me what you think.

Deep/Funky/Tribal Promo Mix

TagNYC.com

Greg- yes.. I remember you. I received your demo. I like it alot. I also like your Deep/Funky/Tribal Promo Mix. I am all booked with DJ(s) till the end of 2001. I promise I will most definitely get you involved in January 2002. Make sure you remind me in January.

Yeah, W8TH is a nice spot. Its very intimate. I actually have a party there this Friday 11/21. Plus, Saturday 11/22 at upstairs of Studio 54. You should come out this weekend. Let me know if you plan to.

Also, for future reference either PM me on Clubplanet or send me an e-mail rather than posting this on the thread. Thanks.

Are you coming to Twirl on NYE with Mos Def ?

az_200102.jpg

Mos Def - for all of you who don't know what he looks like.

Its very exciting that he will be at Twirl on NYE. Also don't think that this is a hip-hop only party since Mos Def is performing. DJ Perry from BlastNYC will be spinning other house/trance/dance beats. Perry has skratched + mixed at Exit, Twilo, and more... He was also an invited guest DJ by GBH.

That's a good question. I am going to be at Twirl and the Ace Art Gallery on NYE this year. They are both 21+ parties. The early part of the night will be spent at Twirl with Mos Def and the later part of the night will be spent at the Ace Art Gallery enjoying the laser light show, food, and DJs.

If I find out about an 18+ parties I'll let you know. Good luck.