Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official Winter Music Conference info thread

shroomy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to, I want to....but it's a matter of funds...or rather lack of funds. :| If I do get to, it will prolly only be for the weekend.

Have you guys reserved rooms yet? I was thinking about the Chelsea, Whitelaw or Lily - cuz they have the free daily happy hour and they pick your butt up from the airport!

Originally posted by sillyrabbit

No, definitely a taco shack....did some research and tahdahhhh

San Loco

235 14th St.

Miami Beach, FL 33139

305-538-3009

YUM!!!

theres also a killer place that has great pastries, mostly cuban pastries, everytime I went to Miami I would easily get like $50 worth of pastries from that place...forgot the name..I think it was Versailles..the guava-cream-cheese pastries are my favorite...!!!!!OMFG!!!!!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue::eek: :eek:

You're absolutely right...the Taco Shop is San Loco (And they do have some excellent Mexican food!!!)...however, two doors down, on the other side of the Tattoo parlor is the Sandwicherie which overlooks the gas station (what a view:tongue: ) The two walk ups are almost next door to each other.

On Sunday night I ate at Sports Cafe on Washington and 6th. Don't let the name confuse you - yes it has TV's with sports on, but it's a sweet stylish place with great food for around $10/plate that definitely has potential. For sure I am going back when our cold-azz cold front passes and more people are chillin outside.

Originally posted by resident

Sushi meet-up any friggin' time! I miss those CNYC gatherings! They were so much fun! The first one I went to was organized by our beloved Blueangel at L'Ulvio in SoHo...

those meet-ups are always a good time, i was still living in Miami during the one in soho-

i like to believe blueangel didnt die on 9/11, she was born an angel and watching us safely from above :)

I know... I would like to believe that four of my coworkers didn't die in 9/11, but one of them's userid is still in on my AIM buddies list, and I know he is never logging on... I'm keeping it there forever...

Aaanyways...

Well, I moved back to Miami in October - you may remember me as scoundrel_al on the VIP board. Occasionally I do travel to NYC, but for the most part, the meetups are gonna have to be here on SoBe. I'm down for any sort of socializing, so... the floor is yours. Personally I'm the scruffy type that stumbles into Big Pink sometime on Sunday afternoon for the first meal since Friday morning, but I can also clean up my act and do something like Sushi Samba or whatever... I don't have any dining favourites on the beach since I usually am appetite suppressed, so to speak :D , so I'd rather open that to discussion.

Miamijosh > > u said my name ?

:D;)

yes i luv Next and they have the best chocolate cake. I completely forgot the name of it just because i was too busy savorizing it. But if u like kit kat this certain dessert is for u! The waiters will definitely know if u describe it. YUMMY ! and so mouth-watering !

:tongue:

Sushi Samba is great too! i was there a couple of thurs back and it was a good ambience, a dj spinning jazzy house. Spicy tuna roll was very tasty ! good call miamijosh ! > FlyG ;)

omg scoudrel al!!!!!! i luv you! that dumped at 27 post had me cracking up :(:)

we'll def. hook up during the conference- you may have met some of the ppl i'm traveling with then at one of the old meet-ups...

uknj, kAt, peache, risa, divalicous, pheonix, and lubahead....

:D

Im sooo looking forward to this -- never been to the WMC before. Question for you guys about the lineup:

23: Ultra4

24 :Sasha @ Opium

25: DT @ Space

Are there usually multiple "big" events on the same night? Any other confirmations? I think I may have to leave on the 26th -- so I hope I get my fill.......

Thx...

sushi samba web site:

http://www.sushisamba.com/second_version/location.html

doraku web site: (its owned by the same people who own Benihana)

http://www.sushidoraku.com/

or(the one above doesnt have info really or pics..chl out the one below)

http://www.benihana.com/restaurant/detail.asp?id=36

check out the web site for pics and info on sushi samba! i havent gone but heard that its great! ive also heard alot about Doraku which is right across from the theatre on lincoln road also. I love sushi =o) what better than to have sushi aaaaand music at both places right?!?!

oh..and no...i don't work at either place....lol ;-)

:grin3::biggrin::D