Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official Winter Music Conference info thread

shroomy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't worry, that won't be a problem, especially if you follow three important phrases for the WMC:

1: Go early

2: Go nuts

3: Just say No

Follow these simple rules, and everything else is candy, but also rememeber rules are made to be brokn, too..

peace :afro:

I can't wait for the WMC. I have a recommendation of a resturant that most may find to be very inexpensive. It's location is on Lincoln Road right next to the Wami building. The name of this resturant is Aura it is a mix of modern blend of Western European food. Bottom line very trendy and lots of people watching seats. Need to check it out. :laugh:

Remember to wear you sunglasses during WMC weekend!!! :cool:

none really have been floating around. the lineups to the parties haven't even been released yet. i guess once we get a feel for what's happening, there will be meetup.

i know that cp is planning a meetup at a party. details have yet to be ironed out i think.

keep checkin back for more updates.

I went to WMC last year and it was off the hook! Crobar was amazing with Digweed but Tenaglia at Space was legendary...I was there for 12 hours and only left cuz I had to catch my plane back to nyc...we stayed at Roney's Palace (I know it sounds like a strip club)...it is a top line hotel and was a lot of fun...prbbly won't go this year since money is tight...ciao

Thanks for all the good info posted here so far. My friends and I are making our first trip to the WMC (and Miami) this year and this thread has been really helpful. One of my friends said she found a good deal on a hotel called the Penguin that was right on the beach. Anyone ever heard of this place? Is it an okay place to stay for the WMC? We don't care about how nice it is for the most part. We just want to be really close to the beach and have a good location for all the parties. We don't plan on being in the room much anyway. Thanks.

I'm staying at the Loews for a total of $110/night (including tax & fees) thanks to the advice at www.biddingfortravel.com. They tell you how to use Priceline to the fullest & "beat" them.

They hook you up with all the info you need to get a great price on Priceline. Read the FAQ's & check out the Miami Hotel forum before you bid at Priceline.

There's no guarantee that Priceline still has any rooms at the Loews, but its worth a shot. The Loews is defintely one of the phatest hotels in town w/ a nice pool & beachfront access. I definitely got a sick deal--the lowest non-priceline rate I saw was around $280.

I am heading down for the second time this year, covering the conference for Eye magazine here in Toronto.

Working on a pathetic budget of course. Can anyone else here relate to my pain?

I'm looking to make contact with local clubbers that may want to take me in for 5 days. I promise i won't be sleeping much if at all.

And hey, if we pool our resources we can get into a hell of a lot more parties!

Any takers? Contact me rchow@eye.net

This is a link to my write up of my first wmc experience with plenty of photos...

http://eye.net/eye/issue/issue_04.05.01/thebeat/wmc.html

kwasi

:confused:

Hi.

This is my first post as a new member, so hello to everyone. Also, I would really like to thank everyone for their contributions as far as info on the WMC. This is my first year going and i absolutely have no idea what i'm doing. I'm not from the Miami area and I just bought my plane tix and am sharing the bill for a hotel room 2 of my friends booked. I am very excited and am counting down the days. I need to ask a question for one of my friends though. She's not 21 yet and we've been getting mixed reviews as to how strict the clubs will be in miami during that week. Obviously she'll have to have something, but how good does that something have to be? Any input will be greatly appreciated ;) Thanks.