Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OT: Ever go to a club by yourself?

Ever go by yourself? All of your friends don't feel like going or whatever but you still feel like getting ass or just chilling? I personally could never do that unless maybe if I were meeting someone in there. I'd still feel real weird waiting in line by myself even. Is it odd to do this? I think it takes some pretty big balls to go in there and just attack everything in sight by yourself. Any thoughts?

I've gone to clubs on my own several times before I knew anyone in this scene. I wanted to go out but had noone to go with so I just said fuck it and went anyway.

It is a lot of fun. You meet a lot of people. Just don't let yourself be to self conscious. Nobody thinks any less of you because you are out alone.

Now that I know quite a few people I still head out alone, but never for too long. Within minutes (no matter where I go) I bump into someone I know.

You should try it sometime. It's fun to come and go as you please without having your friends slow you down. If you want to stay all night, nobody is stopping you.

SK13

I went to Centro fly on thursday to see Hybrid by myself...had an excellent time.

To be honest, it's good to go with friends and whatnot...but if the music's good, then i could care less if I have to go alone. There's good and bad sides to going w/ and w/out friends.

But SK13 hit it smack on the head...don't get self conscious, go there to just have a good time. Me, I don't even meet people, just dance. But if you're social, then there like, no problems whatsoever.

Going out alone=*thumbs up*

Sorry if it's a bit incoherent...i'm a bit toasted...

I go to SF from time to time by myself. Especially if I'm out with my non clubbing friends first and I'm just not ready to go home yet. I too know a lot of people and in just a few minutes, I'll see someone I know.

Even when I go with friends, I wander off by myself all the time and end up loosing my friends for a while. I hate when I wanna go for a walk and I have a train of people behind me following me.

It's always nice to have your "homebase" where all your friends hang out, but it's really no big deal if you don't

Even though I have yet to really meet anybody from this board, it seems most people are really cool and are always down to meet-up. I actually tried it once at SF but we got out times mixed up b/c of daylight savings and it never happened.

Almost every week I go out alone. I make my own fun, and chill with my club friends. I went to factory last week alone, met up with this kid joe from sicktracks and bkissa from here, and we fuckin had a blast for 13 hours. It's all what you make of your night. If you go alone, and don't talk to anyone, you aren't going to really enjoy yourself too much. Go out, talk to new people, make new friends, and have a blast!:)

Originally posted by makeakillin

I think going to a club by yourself is a little strange. To me it kind of defeats the purpose of making a night out a social event. But hey, thats just me:blank:

Well by goin out alone and meeting up with ppl there and meeting new ppl... isn't that being social?

Originally posted by roninmess

Almost every week I go out alone. I make my own fun, and chill with my club friends. I went to factory last week alone, met up with this kid joe from sicktracks and bkissa from here, and we fuckin had a blast for 13 hours. It's all what you make of your night. If you go alone, and don't talk to anyone, you aren't going to really enjoy yourself too much. Go out, talk to new people, make new friends, and have a blast!:)

couldnt have said it better myself. nice meetin ya last night

Originally posted by gabo

When twilo was open I would always go alone and meet friends inside. It's no big deal.

I had no problem doing Twilo alone... but i can't really do any other place alone... Prob just cuz i haven't found a place with the quality of music that Twilo had.

Actually, i've done Filter 14 alone... but then again, i see a bunch of old Twilo faces there anyway... and the music's similar.

me and my friends went to twirl like two weeks ago, and everyone wanted to go home early back to LI. Unfortunately i had to take the MEtro North back up to school and the trains werent running til like 6 somthin. So i decided to go to factory and just chill. It does actually feel weird waiting on line by yourself, but i didnt give a shit. The bouncers gave me a real tough search maybe because i was by myself...???? They had two guys search me. Anyway, once i got inside i just chilled out on the speakers and danced. After too many IcedTeas i had killed enough time before the train came. Clubs can be real fun when by yourself, i recommend it if you got nothing to do and just wanna chill out and listen to good music.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

i started going out by myself in london because i was tired of missing out on good shit. on my birthday i went out alone for the first time, and did so a couple of times afterwards

First time I went out alone was my birthday celebration on a friday. Then next night one of my friends came to factory with me though.

I always have a great time going to clubs alone, and sometimes prefer it. Personally I like to roam around the club most of the night dancing and chillin in every corner. I'm also very extraverted, so I meet people and chill with them.... :smoke:

When I go with friends, esp non-clubbers, I feel like I am babysitting all night. They wonder where I was for the past hour, get tired of dancing and want to go home early. What a pain in the ass.

So yea, I go clubbing by myself all the time....:D