Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lord of the Rings

The thing is that the movie just really dragged...the fighting scenes, effects and scenery (WOW) were top-notch. But as a whole I thought the movie wasn't that good, so many sappy moments and scenes that weren't relevant. I guess if I was a fan of the books, I would appreciate it much more but as a whole I didnt like it one bit...just my opinion though :blown:

Overall, I like the movie. Yes, it did drag a little, but that is what happens when the director wants to recreate the book exactly. If you read the book, the fighting scenes are rather short and quick while the traveling scenes are long, like in the movie. I found it fun and I can't wait until the next one. :cool:

did anyone who has read or is reading the trilogy take the time to read those poems and songs that the characters break into?

they must rattle off a page of song for every three pages of novel.

i tried for about the first quarter of the first book and decided to just skip over them since they gave me migraines!

i'm into all the sci fi and fantasy bullshit

didn't read the book so didn't know what to expect

did play some computer role playin games before they even had graphics to them (i'm old) like on the commodore 64 (i'm old)

the ranger was everything i'd imagined them to be...the troll dude was cool as hell..the elf with the bow and arrow..a hunter???was cool as hell...when they went onto the caves and all those things were crawlin all over the place???cool as hell

i don't know how you can see this as a bad movie...george lucas eat your heart out...this movie did to fantasy what star wars did to sci fi

thats all i got to say

it was definitely the greatest movie of the year. the only reason why someone would say that it dragged is if they didnt read the book. the language used in the book is masterful and would make you appreciate the movie soooo much more i cant even begin to explain why. it has a rich story and character development, think of it as english mythology for our century. my recommendation is to read the book first then you wont think it drags. i myself think the movie should have been longer cuz they left alot of stuff out.

Loved it..

Best addaption of a classic book

I´ve ever seen..

Been a Tolkein Fan since a child and I

was expecting a less faithfull adaption..

(But I too skiped the songs and poems)

IF YOU HAVE SHORT ATTENTION SPANS

I AGREE..

THIS MOVIE WILL SEEM LIKE A

LOOONG NEVER ENDING JEOURNEY..

(Which is what the whole point of the tale..

a looong, loong dark voyage)

But if you like to get lost in a world

that surpasses any and ALL FANTASY

WORLDS..

(Tolkein Started it all BTW)

THEN RUN OUT AND SEE IT NOW!

*Before it sweeps up

Golden Globes and Oscars

and winds up side by side

of Titanic in mass media

cheese hype!

I am counting the months till The two towers..

DAMNIT WONT 02 EVER END!?

´*Mugz looks at Calander on wall and bites nails

Well, i really enjoyed it.

I know the books inside and out, so it was a much richer tale for me than for someothers. I think that the movie really misses some of the character development and sorta becomes just a series of scenes that aren't connected all that well by character motivation, etc., unless u can fill the gaps in yourself from having read the books.

Its pretty true to the books with a few exceptions, but the council of Elrond is a big cop out - that scene really sets up the motivation of all the characters and gives u background on them, their people, etc.

So, read the books!!! I think an awesome job was done of making these considering how rich the original books are.

so go read them if u haven't!!! and the first 100 pages are definitely the slowest so stick with it! The movie accurately quotes many of those poems btw....

i thought it was an awesome movie!

i read the books when i was like 9 years old, so i forgot some of the stuff,but the movie definitely refreshed my memory and i will go read all the books all over again (starting wit "The Hobbit" because that was the begginning and does not deserve to be skipped over)

i was sitting in my seat not wanting the movie to end, i would sit thru 6 more hours just to finish it

Originally posted by homersimpson

I thought the movie was great. Although I also read all the Tolkien books. While they couldn't fit in everything in the movie, what do you expect a 12 hour film? I can't wait for "The Two Towers" to come out next year.

Since I didnt read the books, I thought that there would be a conclusion to the movie after 3 hours. Well I was wrong. Now I'm reading "The Two Towers" which is a pretty good book. Can't wait for the movie to come out......