Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Forbidden DJ Secret

jasonmarc

Hey Guys,

Well some of us DJs know about distribution labels and how hard it is to find a feed..What I need to know is DAMN!!!!! how can I get on one....Records are expensive and stores dont wanna give up the info....SOMEONE PLEASEEEEEE FILL MEEE INN. I NEED GOOD MUSIC BEFORE IT GETS PLAYED>>>>:mad::confused::flame:

Actually man.....it helps to know the artists themselves......that's all I can tell you......sometimes you'll find these guys on messageboards such as Global Underground....I met Moshic on there and we've emailed eachother back and forth. He's in Israel and will be down for Conference. I asked him if he can hook it up with some promos on vynil and he said he'll have some for me when he comes down to Miami........so I guess be creative and talk to people.....

Coool...Thanks Sean. I guess it would help to know the artist..And don't worry the secret is safe... NOONE WILL GET THIS OUT OF MEEEE>>HAHAHAHAHAHA>>>(evil laugh)..Hey Sean did you sign up for the confrence? Im thinking about doing it. About the 5 page essay!?!?! damn thats alot. and ive never heard of anything like that before. But who knows. Doesn't hurt to try. Anything not to spend alot of mula on vynil again!. Thanks for the feedback guys.:D:spin: Jason

There's a few ways to get records before they come out! There are various "Record Pools" that you can pay a monthly fee to and hope you get ssome gems. If you are dj # 158 to sign-up and "Your Favorite Label" only gives that pool 4 records... your SHIT OUT OF LUCK!!! That's one route, but not recommended unless you have an in! Another way is exactly how Meng said. Just make sure you are clear on what he means though! He didn't mean start spamming dj's emails and trying to PM them on message boards to "send you advanced shit"! That is the best way NOT to get stuff! He means, if you are friends with a producer, he MIGHT give you advanced stuff! Sheldon & I get most of our stuff through these types of contacts and almost always get them on CD anyway! Another way is to start producing music and become one of the top 10 dj's in the world and every label will send you advanced copies of whatever you want!

Keep on plugging Jason... there is no "Secret Way"! This is also a business where it is 90% who you know and 10% what you know(or how great you are)! Sadly enough!