Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rudy as POTY---I am mad as hell!!

Atl ldy.

He has done NOTHING for the club industry up there in NYC---I am STILL spitting mad down here in Atlanta. He is being painted as a damm saint because of 9-11.

Excuse my ranting....I have friends that work in the club industry here in Atlanta and we just defeated a City Council proposal (and Rudy-like manyoral candidate) that wanted to close bars and clubs down here at 2AM.

well i must agree that he has done nothing for the club industry....but when the time was important and this city or ours was attacked, i must admit that rudy guilliani came through, and showed what a good mayor he actually could be-----not sure how everybody else feels, but thats my .02

Etienne! :D

I think the next mayor better realize that New York City nightlife is a key part of the NYC economy. NYC nightlife is known all over the world. It helps put NYC on the map. Without NYC nightlife, New York City wouldn't be the city that never sleeps.

Originally posted by MDK

He has done NOTHING for the club industry up there in NYC---I am STILL spitting mad down here in Atlanta. He is being painted as a damm saint because of 9-11.

Excuse my ranting....I have friends that work in the club industry here in Atlanta and we just defeated a City Council proposal (and Rudy-like manyoral candidate) that wanted to close bars and clubs down here at 2AM.

AND WHAT DO U EXPECT RUDY TO DO ABOUT THE CLUB SCENE? ADVOCATE IT? ADVERTISE IT? ACCEPT IT?

2-3 YEARS AGO, I WOULD HAVE AGREED WITH YOU. BUT LETS THINK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO CLUB LAND IN NYC WITHIN THE PAST FEW YEARS.... DRUGS DRUGS DRUGS! LIMELIGHT CLOSED DOWN ABOUT 3-4 TIMES DUE TO DRUGS. TUNNEL, GONE FOREVER DUE TO DRUGS. TWILO, GONE FOREVER DUE TO DRUGS....VYNAL HAS HAD THEIR SHARE OF PROBLEMS TOO (SHOOTINGS, STABINGS...) AND THIS INFO WAS FRONT PAGE ON ALL OF THE NYC PAPERS!! EVERYONE AND THEIR UNCLE (NOW) KNOWS WHAT GOES ON IN THE CLUBS....

HOW CAN THE MAYOR OF NYC OR OF ANYWHERE FOR THAT MATTER, PROMOTE OR ASSIST PLACES THAT HAS IT'S ROOTS, HEART AND SOUL ALL BOUND BY DRUGS?

I'VE BEEN ON THIS SCENE FOR ALMOST 8 YEARS NOW. I WATCHED IT GO FROM LIMELIGHT OF '94-'95 (THOSE OF YOU WHO WERE THERE KNOW WHAT I MEAN) TO WHAT IT IS NOW. IT'S NOT "UNDERGROUND" AT ALL ANY MORE.....

Dude what hole did you have your head in? Limelight was plagued by drug issues long before the recent years, in fact, probably worse earlier in the last few decades than more recently in the past few years.

I agree that a mayor cannot advocate a scene which is home to so many issues, but unfortunately those issues start right here, with us, the clubbers. Personally I have never rolled, I am not violent, I am there for the music. But especially with today's hip hop culture promoting the club scene as a place for drugs, guns and sex, the scene is being overrun with idiots trying to be like what they see on MTV. So start with Rudy, who did many other great things for the city, start with the idiot next to you who's so deep in his K hole he probably won't come out till next week. :mad:

Guilianni has done nothing but wonders for the city of new york. The streets are clean...crime is down...the homeless epidemic was taken care of...his response to 9-11...guilianni has done great things for our city. however, the only thing i do not like about him is cracking down on the clubs. i agree w/ some of sumguys and vixxen's points. don't blame guilianni. BLAME YOURSELVES!! You created this drugged up and violent atmosphere so NYC papers could publish it. the public hates nyc clubs. what does a mayor do???? work FOR the masses. a mayor cannot advocate a scene that gives such horrible public relations. we're ruining it for ourselves. you can't place blame on anyone else. i go for the music...i've never done drugs at a club. i'm not anyone's mommy, but maybe we should be a little more responsible. don'tl et the few ruin it for the majority. on a whole the scene isn't violent...nor is everyone OD'ing and dying. but everyone thinks so...chew on it for a bit. if you wereo n the outside looking in. what would you see? what the papers tell you obviously...

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Dude what hole did you have your head in? Limelight was plagued by drug issues long before the recent years, in fact, probably worse earlier in the last few decades than more recently in the past few years.

I agree that a mayor cannot advocate a scene which is home to so many issues, but unfortunately those issues start right here, with us, the clubbers. Personally I have never rolled, I am not violent, I am there for the music. But especially with today's hip hop culture promoting the club scene as a place for drugs, guns and sex, the scene is being overrun with idiots trying to be like what they see on MTV. So start with Rudy, who did many other great things for the city, start with the idiot next to you who's so deep in his K hole he probably won't come out till next week. :mad:

I WAS NOT IN A HOLE SWEETIE. I WAS THERE. I SAW WHAT HAPPENED. YES, LL WAS PLAGUED BY DRUGS SINCE THE 80'S! AND I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I WAS THERE. AFTER MICHAEL ALIG WENT ON A KILLING SPREE, IT ALL ENDED. LL BECAME THE TARGET OF ALL THE MESS HE CREATED. IF HE HAD KILLED ANGEL IN 1990, LL WOULD HAVE BEEN OUT OF BUSINESS WITHIN MONTHS. WHO KNOWS.....IF MIKE HAD KEPT HIS COOL, MAYBE LL WOULD STILL BE GOING STRONG.

MY POINT IS ONLY AFTER A LOT OF NEGATIVE ATTENTION WAS BROUGHT TO LL WAS IT CLOSED DOWN. ONLY AFTER IT MADE FRONT PAGE OF THE PAPER FOR BEING A DRUG HONEY PIT WAS IT SHUNED.

I DO AGREE 100% THOUGH WITH THE STATEMENT U MADE ABOUT HOW THE CLUB KIDZ KILLED IT ALL. TO MUCH HAPPENING AT ONCE AND NO ONE WAS ABLE TO BE QUIET ABOUT IT.

HERE'S A THOUGHT TOO.... WHAT ABOUT THIS BOARD? ALL THE KIDZ THAT POST ON HERE WHERE THEY GOT FUCKED UP AND ON WHAT. I'M SURE IT DIDN'T HELP.

LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!

Originally posted by clubgodraver

[however, the only thing i do not like about him is cracking down on the clubs.

HOW COULD HE NOT CRACK DOWN? HE WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPEACHED IF HE DIDN'T TAKE ACTION.

WE DID THIS TO OURSELVES! NO MATTER WHAT MAYOR COULD HAVE BEEN IN PLACE, IT ALL WOULD HAVE BEEN HANDELED THE SAME WAY.

SHIT, HE HAD COPS WALKING THROUGH THE LL IN UNIFORM! U KNOW IT'S OVER AT THAT POINT....

I didn't mean you weren't there for it, I'm sure you were. But as for the people who post here about what they get fucked up on, yes, it does cause problems to a degree I feel, because anyone can and probably does read these boards. Unfortunately a lot of clubbers feel that they can only enjoy themselves if they're messed up but I feel it couldn't do anything but diminish the experience. If it's not good enough as it is you shouldn't be doing it. But how does one go about convincing people to either drop the drugs or shut their mouths? It goes beyond this board to other boards to personal webpages to organizations like dancesafe that, while they have a great idea and are doing a lot to help the scene, are a big part of the drug scene as well. And I'm sure I'll take a lot of criticism for saying it but I don't approve of the drug scene.

I didn't mean you weren't there for it, I'm sure you were. But as for the people who post here about what they get fucked up on, yes, it does cause problems to a degree I feel, because anyone can and probably does read these boards. Unfortunately a lot of clubbers feel that they can only enjoy themselves if they're messed up but I feel it couldn't do anything but diminish the experience. If it's not good enough as it is you shouldn't be doing it. But how does one go about convincing people to either drop the drugs or shut their mouths? It goes beyond this board to other boards to personal webpages to organizations like dancesafe that, while they have a great idea and are doing a lot to help the scene, are a big part of the drug scene as well. And I'm sure I'll take a lot of criticism for saying it but I don't approve of the drug scene.

i don't approve of the drug scene either.... at all! but dancesafe is great. kidz are going to do E and K and LSD and all of that shit, NO MATTER WHAT. until our government heals the bleeding, gaping soar that is "drugs", putting a band-aid over it will help for now.

we can't control what each individual person is going to do on friday nights..... but if they are going to do it, and they WILL continue to do it (drugs), why not make it safe? i mean, if a kid that is already on some of his own pills, and deceides he wants another one that he bought at the party, why not have a system to protect that kid? he could have been sold ecstacy.........or asperin.......or PMA, which will kill you in about 1-2 hours, maybe less. and once ingested, doctors can't help. that kid will die while dancing in the middle of a circle.....or in a hospital. it does'nt matter....

my point is that this kid is going to drop that pill NO MATTER WHAT. a system that tests these pills first may save a life! and i am all for that.

bottom line is that the drug problem in this country is HUGE!! and is not going anywhere any time soon... E, K, LSD, weed.....it will all continue to make it into our country. until we stop the flow of drugs into America, that kid will drop that pill of E or PMA and have a great night, or die.

...and what you're talking about here, and an organization like dancesafe, also brings up the question of whether or not certain "party" drugs should be legalized, regulated, even produced in mass quantities by known companies in a manner which would make it easier for a kid to know what he or she is getting into.

Wow, an intellectual, calm philosophical discussion on the drama board!! :eek: Who would've thought?

...and what you're talking about here, and an organization like dancesafe, also brings up the question of whether or not certain "party" drugs should be legalized, regulated, even produced in mass quantities by known companies in a manner which would make it easier for a kid to know what he or she is getting into.

Wow, an intellectual, calm philosophical discussion on the drama board!! :eek: Who would've thought?

i would be for legalizing.....but not the hard shit..... people react very differently on E, K, LSD....etc. and if that were to ever happen, it would be a very sad day for our society. Imagine aliens were watching us, and they came here to rule.... and found everyone rolling face! would be kinda sad i think to see an entire planet of people fucked up on hard drugs....

now if there was a law to legalize weed, well damn i'm all for that!!