Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What makes a good Dancer????

Hehe...I love the raver stomp, especially, when the music gets hard and deep! But combine that with some spins, fluid arm movement (when you can do that well with glowsticks - the best), and there you have it.

I used to love dancing with photons and sticks (when I was fitter)...I've heard ppl say glowsticks OR dancing...I don't understand why there's a distinction. One can use lights to accenuate one's dance moves - granted you have to be pretty fit, though.

obviously a good dancer is a matter of opinion. i see that people think a sexy dancer = a good dancer, which i agree with as well. watching a couple dance salsa or merengue is stunningly coordinated, beautiful, and sexy.

however, i love dancers that push the limit. i always give props to those that break, glowstix, liquid, and use up the dancefloor to try out new moves that involve all parts of your body.. more than just swaying your hips and rubbing your tits like a stripper (though there is nothing wrong with that for all the ladies that do).

personally, you will NEVER see me dancing like a stripper. but you will see me rip shit up with glowstixx (azn girls w/stixx REPREZENTIN'), add in some popping into my dance moves, throw in some salsa/merengue into my rave stomping moves, and kick in mad feet action.

see me in action maybe at roxy tomorrow.. :heart:

Hmm.. definitely the ability to flow smoothly through all the various movements.. there must be variation, not the same fucking move over and over again.. hips are ESSENTIAL.. the ability to work the ENTIRE body from head to toe to hips to fingers.. having pure energy behind each move.. rhythm (obviously!).. the skillz to dance to all sorts of music (not just hard hitting bass "I wanna bang my head into the wall" beats).. charisma.. and, of course, the aura about them that just enimates the vibe: I LOVE WHAT I'M DOING!!

Guest danni133

VixenFoxxy aka Aly.....

Girl I totally feel your response to this post. Scary but we seem to think the same. I loooove to dance and have been since forever, and I think just having the confidence and the good time is enough to make anyone a good dancer. Having a ball is all it's about anyhow. Felling the music and shaking it...

Lol ... I too dance like a stripper, but you know what? No one has ever had a problem with it, and many people comment and say how good I am; All it is is a lot of ass shaking. I also think a good trait of a dancer is to able to dance to anyone's beat. For example if you go up to a guy and he is dancing you should be able to get into his zone as well. Seems to me that a lot of guys at the clubs are extemely shy, either that or I am waaay too outgoing because I love to go up to some guy and just shock the hell out of them.

~Danielle

Originally posted by kitty19

personally, you will NEVER see me dancing like a stripper. but you will see me rip shit up with glowstixx (azn girls w/stixx REPREZENTIN'), add in some popping into my dance moves, throw in some salsa/merengue into my rave stomping moves, and kick in mad feet action.

see me in action maybe at roxy tomorrow.. :heart:

Shitt!!

I'll reallly love to see you doing the salsa/merengue and rave moves fusion. Might have to go to roxy after all.

i used to think that things like using glowsticks "the right way" (i.e. like the mindless 'flowing' millions all taught by the same "oldskool" crew at limelight in 88) and being able to move "the right way" mattered.

what i've learned in the past 5 or so years is that none of it matters AT ALL.

find a space, make some room for yourself, wait for a beat to drop that you feel to the core, close your eyes, and just - move -.

that's what makes a good dancer.

someone who does that, and as many times as possible.

(good dj and good tunes required, of course.)