Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar G....

sgtfury

Originally posted by sgtfury

LAY OFF THE HORN!!!!......ha ha....just kidding bro...you were tearing sh*t up last night....from a DJ's perspective, Oscar is amazing in the booth....

"Oh ! I don’t think I will make it to Space " Lol Oscar is indeed the sh*t…

Originally posted by sgtfury

LAY OFF THE HORN!!!!......ha ha....just kidding bro...you were tearing sh*t up last night....from a DJ's perspective, Oscar is amazing in the booth....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks bro!

Meng: I have a feeling, if given the chance, you would be on that horn like white on rice.......

Some have varying opinions regarding the horn at Space or sirens at other clubs....in my opinion, its difficult to say anything negative about a world famous DJ pulling the horn at the biggest club in miami, causing over 3000 people to go off.....

Originally posted by djoscarg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks bro!

Meng: I have a feeling, if given the chance, you would be on that horn like white on rice.......

oh yeah say it like that ....this is the same fatso (meng) who spun 20 minutes one Friday night @ Space and thinks hes all world.

Oscar that horn kicks you into high gear if you dont get pumped when those white bright lights shine and the horn is going off during a killer song please go to "la covacha" or the "Grove"

im glad you put this chubbo in his place

dont you notice more than half of the people here are struggling Djs wanting to bash you cuz the envy is driving them crazy

They all think they should be touring with PVD or Deep Dish in a year theyve been dj ....

"ive payed my dues man I have dj'd 100 sweet 15's in a year and 4 weddings" ......"

i cant believe Oscar is djing and not me" .....

doesnt Deep Dish know about my wedding reception double cd compilation"..........

"Pepito and Maria's Hialeah matrimony Volume one"

keep doing what your doing ..your just fine:D :D

Uh, yeah....I spun for an hour and twenty minutes at Space, dickhead(I was supposed to play for only an hour if I sucked but I didn't so Edgar let me play twenty more minutes).....and Oscar, I was given the chance and I didn't use the horn. Personally, I think it gets in the way of the music. It's just my taste. I'm not saying that you shouldn't use it. I'm just saying that I hate it.

That's real good beyondo.....real class with your comments....

Don't be jealous because I won the cooljunkie DJ competition and got to spin at Space while you sat in the VIP room wondering what criticism to make of my set the following day........what are you known for besides the dickhead who posts here?

And who was bashing Oscar???? not me....all I said was that I really hate the horn.....I've never even heard Oscar spin....so where the fuck did I bash Oscar or why would I?.....As a matter of fact, I've been slacking it because I have been meaning to hook up Oscar with my CD's and I haven't been to Space......these are the same CD's that Edgar liked so much that he called me just to tell me that he really dug them......

...and what makes you think that I think I'm all that?.......you're full of shit....you don't know me...when have I made an arrogant post?.....seriously?....if you find one arrogant post of mine in the history of my posts....please bring it to my attention.....because if I have never tooted my own hown on this board, then how the fuck would you know that I think I'm all that?

You're so quick to kiss-ass, beyondo......you took a little comment of mine and made it into a "Oscar bashing comment".......it's getting old.....you're not as interesting or shocking as you were when you started posting......people are starting to not give a fuck about what you say......and the insults?.....geez....are we still in elementary school?(fatso and chubbo????)....c'mon....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(damn...gotta remember not to waste so much typing on this dickhead)

Come on guys, Beyondo has had many "sets" at Space.....he gives blowjobs in the mens bathroom at least 10-15 times a night.....

Beyondo....regardless of whatever Meng's opinion is regarding the horn....have you ever spun a record...used a mixer......listen...stop using the computer at Mcdonalds and get back to the drive thru window!...and by the way...next time give me my damn straw when i go through.

Originally posted by meng

.....and Oscar, I was given the chance and I didn't use the horn. Personally, I think it gets in the way of the music. It's just my taste. I'm not saying that you shouldn't use it. I'm just saying that I hate it.

Try it when there is 3000 people in the club and they are all jumping up and down with they're hands in the air!

Beleive me, at the time and on the night you played your set, it would have been totally inappropriate for you to hit the horn (I usually don't go near it until 3AM)

I think you are taking the horn a little too seriously. I don't see what it has to do with the music either. To me the horn is just another effect to enhance the overall experience, along with lights, fog, decor, nitrogen, siren etc...

Don't just take it from me, every world renowned guest Dj we have had at the club from Danny Tenaglia (who loves it) to Deep Dish to Paul Van Dyk and Tiesto, every single one of them ,with the exception of John Digweed (who was unaware that it was there because he wasnt told like everyone else) has hit the horn.

It is just a great way for the DJ to show emotion and excitement about a certain song he is playing. Not to mention it really gets the crowd going also.

I'm not saying that you should use it. Im just saying that I like it. (and so does every other Dj that has played there except you:))

I know exactly what you're talking about. It definitely gets the crowd energized, but the fact is(and I've said this before) is that when the horn goes off, you don't hear the music....and when the horn is sounded, it is usually during the best part of the song.....unfortunately, the majority of the crowd(here in Miami) is easily amused by this horn and it makes them go off harder......which is why when you sound the horn, everyone goes off and it makes the dance floor explode.....but I'm one of the few who want to listen to the song blow up all on its own.......I was so happy that Digweed didn't play the horn......don't ever tell him where it is.....the club was blowing up just with the music.....no extra aid.......

The horn does it's job at Space and it makes everyone go off...this is very true.........but could you imagine if you included the horn on a CD?.........it wouldn't make sense and essentially it is all about the music, isn't it?...........anyways, let's not go around in circles.....fact is that the horn does it's job at Space.....but if it were for me, I'd rather just let the music do it all by itself.....

*respect*

Me three "G" . Last time I played at Space I hit that horn like thirty times. Let me put it this way Meng I was playing on a friday night, you know what that means"trance night" I'm not a trance dj better yet I'm a house dj and the crowd was going craaaaaaazzzzzy and not a drop of trance was played. It does help

Peace

Eddie S.

.....then again.....I've only spun at Space once......Oscar may be right when he says that I'd be on that horn like white on rice if I spun there more times and felt the effect of the horn.......so take into consideration that I speak from a one-time experience spinning at Space and also as part of the audience when I have been on the dancefloor during Edgar's sets or John Digweed.....

also, I went to Space when Alex Gold spun(the week after my set there)....and he blew that horn every ten-fifteen minutes.......damn!......I mean if you're going to use the horn, then I would imagine that if you would hold up on it and not use it as much, the effect would be bigger when it does go off......if you use it every ten-fifteen minutes, it loses it's effectiveness.....

meng you spun @ Space i wouldve never known......hmmm why havent you told us?? shame on you.

good point Oscar this guy spun to 20 people on a friday it wouldve been silly for him to hit the horn on such an early set.

shroomy no im not a DJ i didnt think it was a prerequisite to talk about it.

every DJ does love that thing

Originally posted by meng

The horn does it's job at Space and it makes everyone go off...this is very true.........but could you imagine if you included the horn on a CD?.........it wouldn't make sense and essentially it is all about the music, isn't it?...........anyways, let's not go around in circles.....fact is that the horn does it's job at Space.....but if it were for me, I'd rather just let the music do it all by itself.....

*respect*

I heard a siren on Body & Soul Vol. 2.....it sounded pretty good to me........that reminds me, its not only a Miami thing.....the crowd goes off at Vinyl in NYC when they hit the siren.....

To me the music and effects are totally seperate...music is always the main course, but its nice to have side dishes....

Oscar...did you notice that the chain on the horn was broken...the night before, DP "put all his weight into it" and broke the chain...he kept trying to fix it and there would be these little bursts of horn as he tried to repair it....was pretty funny....

meng that pic is so blurried out it makes it look like theres 2000 people there.

its the same effects that you see in brochures of something and when you see it in person your like "where is what i saw in the photo"

its funny that you just come out and bring up pictures , download to your sets, i mean you have a library of a set that was an hour . Danny Tenaglia has less memorabilia in 20 years of DJing than you do for one hours work

i was there that night it was mediocre at best.

oscar im so glad to see you regurlaly on this board now you know what rediculous things these CLUB NERDS say.

i hear your a reserved guy quiet and humble.

if you had som of the "Avon lady" techniques Meng has youd be bigger than Jesus.

Its like when you were a kid and your grandma always used to take out the slides of summer vacations and you were like .."oh no here we go again...."

hang w/ meng and its like ......"hey have you guys heard my live set @ Space"........"have i shown you pictures of my set at Space....for x mas his friends and relatives got autographed photos of him on the Booth @ Space, CD, and t shirt that says "i was one of the 20 who suffered through mengs set and survived"

i must admit its entertaining to hear them talk crap.

answer this meng if you were soooo good when is your next set there?

how often?

when is your cd coming out?

your tour begins where?

:blown:

I heard a siren on Body & Soul Vol. 2.....it sounded pretty good to me........that reminds me, its not only a Miami thing.....the crowd goes off at Vinyl in NYC when they hit the siren.....

There's no argument here...just opinion.....Some people like the horn, and some don't.....I don't think it makes anyone "wrong" to like or dislike it.....