Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYE at Float was a Joke!!!!!

Is anyone else pissed about NYE at Float. How can anyone promote such a bogus club?

Here is what we supposedly paid for:

1. $125 "VIP" tickets

2. Champagne toast at midnight

3. "Top Shelf", "Open Bar" open 10 - 2AM

4. Doors open at 10pm

Here's what we got - 2 hours in line. Everyone had the same "VIP tickets", so basically there was no VIP treatment, the line was ridiculously long - we got in at 11:40 - there were at least 150 - 200 people who did not get in to celebrate the New Year with their guaranteed champagne toast.

There was 1 - that's right, 1 bitchy bartender at each of their "open" bars. These ladies would not even look at you or acknowledge your presence unless you were flashing a $20 at them - basically bribing them for the free drink you already paid for with the entrance fee - hence open bar. Once you finally properly bribed the bartender - you were allowed 1 drink per visit to the bar. If you wanted a drink for you and your friend your friend had to be within bartender site, otherwise - no drink for your friend.

The 1 bathroom with 3 stalls in the club was co-ed. I believe that is a city code violation if I am not mistaken - On top of that, 800 tickets were sold for this party. I overheard club managers or bouncers talking rather proudly of this feat.

FLOAT was the biggest scam I have ever been to - I have never been treated so poorly at a club were I paid extra to get the VIP treatment. Thanks for ruining my NYE!

you basically described my nite....except i sucked it up and realized i wasted 125 dollars and headed for the exit about 20 minutes after i got in there.....found a nice little bar a few blocks away and preceded to get wasted in peace and quite with some good friends.......oh yeah on top of all the misery at Float the music sucked....

HA!

And you went.

Seriously though, that does kinda suck. Two years ago similar situation with me and a crowd of friends at the 73rd Street Station. We were supposed to have the entire place to ourselves (an FSU sorority was throwing the party, yeaooowww) and open bar / top shelf, free buffet, the whole nine.

What we got was some carrot sticks and Banker's Club Liquor that we had to fight for.

I totally agree!

I was at Float too and waited about an hour and a half to get in, rang in the new year on the coat check line for a half hour while trying to get my champagne toast, but the only people getting champagne at that bar were buying the whole bottles off the bartenders for $50.

Then I waited an hour and a half to get a drink. The friggin bartender was sooo drunk and was catering to her friends allll night. She had to of helped them about 7 times while I didn't get served once. Then she had to pee so she just left us there for about 10 mins. Luckily though she was wasted and when I got up there I was able to order 6 drinks between me and my friend and when she was pouring them the other bartender yelled "cash bar." Good thing for her that she said we were still covered!

Well after that we were able to have a good time but the music sucked. We were dancing to Prince! But we made the best of it.

This was my first time for new year's going to NYC and my last time and also my last time at Float.

Same Here...It was Ridiculous..Just got in the club right before 12...

they at least gave us Champagne..

took us at least 45 minutes to get drinks..AND all the bartenders were assholes...

Before we knew it...it was 2am and no more free drinks..

Was defintely not worth $125...same as any other night...

I learned my lesson...never to do that again on NEw Years Eve..nExt year...hit all different parties.....

FLOAT WAS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!