Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I was thinking (that's scary)...

prplhz

I was thinking last night, about dancing and dancing style. I wanted to ask everyones opinion about something. Can everyone think back to when they first started dancing and how they danced? I was thinking about how much my dancing style has changed has changed over the years, it has gone from high energy dancing and not thinking too much about the beats to more of a beat oriented dancing style. What does everyone think about this? Has your dance style changed? For the better or worse do you think? Is it music driven? Meaning has it evolved with the music style, ie. either your or taste or the DJ's that are now your favorites. Just want to start a little discussion, I was thinking about this last night and have done so some in the past couple of weeks.

And for god sake someone please respond this board is so fucking dead lately!:D

I think that when I first started out I didn't know the music as much as I do now. So now I follow the beats and anticipate what is next. That is if it is a good DJ.

prplhz - sorry I missed you guys a couple of weeks ago! Hey did you go to Cass? I was wondering how sick it was.

I remember my first dancing moves:

the chicken dance

the butter churner

the monkey chain

and few others that I wish not to remember...obviously these moves never worked with the girls :(

now, I just follow the beat and take it from there. I do start off a bit slow but as the night progresses and my knees get lubed up, hips are warmed up, I will not stop until curtain time :D

However, anything that Oakie spins doesnt apply here 'cause he sux. :D

Originally posted by prplhz

Don't forget about the hitch hiker, two thumbs up in the air, kick the legs and bob the head....

yeh, that was another classic, all i got out of that move was a slap on my face ...*ouch* :(

clearly my dancing technique has improved :)

I just got destroyed last week with some serious dancing:

Thu-Sasha, VanM & Burridge

Fri-Fortier, Ralph & Whalen

Sat-local DC talent

Mon-Feelgood,MJ Cole & Scott Henry

what really impresses me are the kids that know how to dance to 2 step garage, jungle and that sort of stuff..suffered through MJ Cole but it was a learning experience....needless to say my lower back really felt it on Tuesday and Wed....:( 'caus it's all in the hips :D

Originally posted by phrankadelic

how was fortier? i haven't heard him spin live in years.

off the hook!!

cant believe so many good DJ's are or started spining in FL: Van M., Fortier, Sanger, even Tennaglia :eek:

darnit, I need to move back down there :D

funny shit.

i used to live in Tampa, have family in Orlando and go there quite frequently to take care of my family's dogs when they were out of town. One time I was bored off my ass I went to some club in Disney World, and Van M. was spinning, didnt know who the hell he was, and I wasnt into the music that much back then.