Clubplanet Nightlife Community

You Think Too Much

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by gmccookny

For instance, Many tmes i'll just stare up at the sky and breath in the wonderful white light. I've also spent time in places that are (i believe) good for the soul. The soul lives and breaths for natural beauty, so going to the beach, the mountains, clubbing, etc is all food for healthy mental ...

So my point is, just keep living for something better. Of course there'll be rough times ahead, but just focus on overcoming them!

Stay positive, and keep T H I N K I N G (but not too much, hehehe)

right on, man.

wow, That's there the George-smile comes from :half:

Originally posted by phuturephunk

a virtually limitless number of hands . . the more pieces you need to play, the more hands you add on . .the only limitation being your brain's ability to control them . .

in-ter-es-ting...

but why then, even have physical pieces of gear at all? why not vr goggles and a neuro interface and sophisticated software?

Originally posted by thehacker

in-ter-es-ting...

but why then, even have physical pieces of gear at all? why not vr goggles and a neuro interface and sophisticated software?

. . It's the natural "shuffle" setting that the human body can create while playing musical instruments . . Think about it. . if you could ask Horowitz and Liszt to sit down and play the same piece on the piano, they'd play the same notes, but the expression and timing would vary depending on their styles . . Movement by the body allows for that flair of expression. . no physical gear could produce the same effect . . but I think something would be lost in the translation, along with the gain . .

Whenever I hear a drummer, guitarist, dj I can tell who it is just by how they play the notes, even if a lot of people play the same notes, there is something about artistic interpretation that gives them away.

GMC we do need a phil session.

Back on track.....

We do think too much, that is why we go off on tangents like this.

Too much thinking will lead to a person doing nothing. Action comes from thought but a non goal oreinted mind is clinicly dead.

Originally posted by blowflyii

Whenever I hear a drummer, guitarist, dj I can tell who it is just by how they play the notes, even if a lot of people play the same notes, there is something about artistic interpretation that gives them away.

GMC we do need a phil session.

Back on track.....

We do think to much, that is why we go off on tangents like this.

Too much thinking will lead to a person doing nothing. Action comes from thought but a non goal roeinted mind is clinicly dead.

Not every thought has an action....Imagine if we tried to act upon every thought we had......:eek::woah: :woah:

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . It's the natural "shuffle" setting that the human body can create while playing musical instruments . . Think about it. . if you could ask Horowitz and Liszt to sit down and play the same piece on the piano, they'd play the same notes, but the expression and timing would vary depending on their styles . . Movement by the body allows for that flair of expression. . no physical gear could produce the same effect . . but I think something would be lost in the translation, along with the gain . .

okay but in the setup in your 'music machine' (which believe it or not i kinda understand ;) ) it's weird - it's like a mix of virtual hands and physical/electronic-electromagnetic apparatus...

i say why?

i can see your point about the differences between performers doing what they do on the same instrument...

but the frame of reference for that comparison is HANDS on KEYS - or fingers on picks on strings, etc.

BUT

in your setup with 'virtual' hands...

the frame of reference and that comparison is blown out of the water... the whole thing THEN becomes how difference performers PERCEIVE their new set(s) of virtual hands/fingers/appendages...

and so long as all That is virtual...

i think the performance on SOFTWARE-EMULATED virtual INSTRUMENTS would then be comparable as relying on virtual hands on still-physical instruments...

so it begs the question...

why not a really decked-out computer with lots of software, a chair, vr goggles, and whatever virtual interfaces you choose (gloves, electromagnetics fields, neural interface, or all of the above...)

i really think an all-virtual environment would be the same thing really as a simulated performance on Actual instruments...