Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whatever happened to Prodigy?

. . . Well . .considering that they've been around for over 10 years. . helped, along with Genaside II and Shut Up and Dance, to create british hardcore, which, in turn, led to the creation of jungle and DnB . . . and have one of the most eclectic and varied albumn catalogues in the world of beatz . . I think they've done their part to further music, so a vacation is quite ok. . .

. . Fat of the Land was good, but Check out The Prodigy Experience and Music for the Jilted Generation . . wowee . . talk about a wide range of styles. . all from one group . .

. . I bow to The Prodigy . .

Yeah I agree with PP....

Experience is just one of those albums you can listen to anywhere. Many a time i strolled in a park and put that album on... OOOOOOOOO, SHIVERSSSS :shake:

I was flipping through one of those publicized magazines on my recent trip to europe, and noticed Liam Howlett (mastermind of prodigy) had fallen in love with this girl from one of those "girlie pop bands" in Europe. So i guess he's busy....

But I'm positive they'll come out with some goulish greatness soon....Like Phuture said, they do deserve a break:)

Originally posted by tribal

Fat of the land was a classic, and now they disappeared. wtf?? Breathe with ME!!!

PS.. Check out "THE DIRTCHAMBER SESSIONS" all mixed by liam Howlett...pretty eclectic album with tons of influences layden in it:)

just got this from the Prodigy web site: In April of 2000, the group became a trio with the departure of Leeroy Thornhill, who left to pursue his solo project, Flightcrank. The band is in the studio now, and will release their fourth album "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned," in 2002. Recently the band added a new guitar player, Alli of the Fifth Amendment, to their live shows. They are scheduled to perform at the Big Day Out Festival in Australia and New Zealand in January and February of 2002.

So looks good, despite Leeroy's departure of the band. But he was mainly a dancer, so they're still tight.

:)

I remember Liam had started talkin some shit about other DJs and how they only beatmatch and how he was so much better and blah blah blah. So he realeased Dirtchamber Sessions and it never did very well, so maybe he's letting some time pass so people will forget about how he had run his mouth.

man you guys need to step into the way back machine and give SONGS FOR A GILTED GENERATION another spin in your cd player...

i'm gunna send into outta space

find another race...

and

RUFF

in the jungle

in the jungle

in the jungle

in the in the jungle

(biznezz)

CLASSIC

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . Well . .considering that they've been around for over 10 years. . helped, along with Genaside II and Shut Up and Dance, to create british hardcore, which, in turn, led to the creation of jungle and DnB . . .

oh mike, mike, mike.

tell me you didn't just say this.

REGGAE AND DUB led to jungle and dnb.

but you knew that!

Originally posted by thehacker

oh mike, mike, mike.

REGGAE AND DUB led to jungle and dnb.

but you knew that!

come on . . reggae preceeded beatz by like 30 years (along with dancehall) . . dub and old skool garage started back in the early 80's in britain . . Genaside II, an unclassifiable entity just like Prodigy were responsible for creating what was known as British Hardcore in the late eighties (sped up breakbeats) . . . This, in turn, got turned into Jungle . . Check out the Original Mix of "Narramine" by Genaside II, you can HEAR the groundwork for Jungle in it. .

. . I will concur that Both reggae and dub had a hand in creating jungle, but old British hardcore was the genre that finally gave birth to it . .

Originally posted by thehacker

man you guys need to step into the way back machine and give SONGS FOR A GILTED GENERATION another spin in your cd player...

i'm gunna send into outta space

find another race...

and

RUFF

in the jungle

in the jungle

in the jungle

in the in the jungle

(biznezz)

CLASSIC

" IN THE JUNGLE VIBE BABY" ::nicepianointhebackground yo i love that fuckin track that chics voice is just perfect with the synth.