Clubplanet Nightlife Community

local djs

dubservah

I'm looking for some people that truly feel the groove to hit me back with some info about the local dj circuit. I'm leaning towards a migration, and am checking out the prospects.

I'm interested in meeting some people that share my love and are making headway. Maybe a note on who to contact before I go down south in order to get bookings.

Hey Dubservah...

I spin downtempo and acid jazz on Friday nights at a little outdoor spot in downtown. I also work part time at a record store on the beach. There's a decent deep house scene here. A couple little clubs on the beach and downtown. I know Blue is still goin, and that place on Espanola & Washington that used be Lua and People's Lounge (what's that place called now????). From the record store perspective, not too many people seem to be real big on downtempo or anything chilled. Miami crowds will enjoy it, but it's not something they go seeking out regularly.

Holler at me if you want info on the record store (Grooveman Music) or any of these clubs. Jasp182@InsomniacRecords.com.

Peace,

Rich

it's called surface lounge.

i too spin downtempo and acid jazz. it's hard findin records here in sfl. i've been to grooveman numerous times and never find what i'm looking for. i tend to find more d&b than anything under downtempo. i usually buy my stuff online.

hey rich...where do u spin downtown?

Guest tilly
Originally posted by phrankadelic

it's called surface lounge.

i too spin downtempo and acid jazz. it's hard findin records here in sfl. i've been to grooveman numerous times and never find what i'm looking for. i tend to find more d&b than anything under downtempo. i usually buy my stuff online.

hey rich...where do u spin downtown?

Did you ever go to Phat-n-Jazzy when you lived in Orlando to hear DJ BMF?

Phrank,

I spin at The Big Fish on Miami River Drive. It's small, but dope...good crowd, good vibes, really laid back atmosphere. My bad about Grooveman...it's really tough keeping good stock on acid jazz records. It's been improving lately (now that I have a steady gig and I'm doin more research for my records). Acid jazz is tough to get because there's just not a good amount of consistent labels, and the distributors don't keep any kind of back catalog on it the way they do with dance music. Holler at me if you're looking for something. Email me also, and let me know some good sites to get acid jazz online (besides straight from the labels...that's how I've been doin lately).

Peace,

Rich

www.InsomniacRecords.com

Guest tilly
Originally posted by phrankadelic

i used to go to phat n jazzy all the time. bmf is one sick dj and one my fav's. a have a couple of cd's from him and saw him spin during the conference last year.

omg..pm me.