Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Sound Systems in NJ

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

without thought the best system is in Club Abyss......they have at least a partial Phazon system which is, the same system that was in Twilo........custom built and fully digital......when they kick it up in there, you know it......the place shakes.......they rarely kick it up to max or all of the clubbers would shit their pants, literally.:D

Originally posted by tyco

without thought the best system is in Club Abyss......they have at least a partial Phazon system which is, the same system that was in Twilo........custom built and fully digital......when they kick it up in there, you know it......the place shakes.......they rarely kick it up to max or all of the clubbers would shit their pants, literally.:D

the system at abyss used to be sick, but i think it has now gone to shit. the last time i was there, there were no highs and the bass sounded all muffled IMO. Temps system is definitely got it going on.

Originally posted by whatevaman

the system at abyss used to be sick, but i think it has now gone to shit. the last time i was there, there were no highs and the bass sounded all muffled IMO. Temps system is definitely got it going on.

I used to think it was muffled bass until I realized it was just more bass than I've ever heard come out of speakers........if there were no highs and the bass was muffled, it's probably the fault of the person tweaking the eqs (DJ or sound engineer), and not the system.......I heard the system about 2 weeks ago and when it's set right it's sick.......

Originally posted by tyco

I used to think it was muffled bass until I realized it was just more bass than I've ever heard come out of speakers........if there were no highs and the bass was muffled, it's probably the fault of the person tweaking the eqs (DJ or sound engineer), and not the system.......I heard the system about 2 weeks ago and when it's set right it's sick.......

you might be right, because the Phazons are sick.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by whatevaman

took the words right out of my mouth....OLD abyss was sick, I was there all the time when I was home from college...It was dark, loud, ac kicking on the floor....I really wish temps would just make the entire place a dance floor, and put lights and speakers every where in there.....

Originally posted by xcracker

ABYSS

MERGE

These have been the 2 most impressive to me so far..

Im spoiled by NYC sound systems, and these 2 are only that come even close to comparing...So far...

I agree with you on this one........Merge by far has the best sound in Jersey......and being that I work at Abyss I am partial towards our system.......it has been off but the kinks have been worked out, when Richie turns it up it is one of the best in Jersey

Originally posted by kettleone4me

I agree with you on this one........Merge by far has the best sound in Jersey......and being that I work at Abyss I am partial towards our system.......it has been off but the kinks have been worked out, when Richie turns it up it is one of the best in Jersey

ah yes......Merge has a really good system too.

Guest saleen351

I can never figure out why ppl like Merge better then xs...When they turn up xs its rocking!!!! At first it sucked but they fixed it...Merge is good but only if your on the dance floor.. Directly under the speakers. xs and temps you can be far away and still talk but dance and feel the energy.....even upstairs at xs its rocking...Merge is over rated........

Originally posted by saleen351

I can never figure out why ppl like Merge better then xs...When they turn up xs its rocking!!!! At first it sucked but they fixed it...Merge is good but only if your on the dance floor.. Directly under the speakers. xs and temps you can be far away and still talk but dance and feel the energy.....even upstairs at xs its rocking...Merge is over rated........

You obviously no nothing about sound systems

Originally posted by saleen351

Wrong again Saleen.. XS is ok, but they never really filled the room with sound well the 6 fridays i was there this past summer.. I was always asking myself, "why dont they turn this shit up!".

Overated, I think not.... This is just an opinion on sound and ability to fill the room with quality.. Merge sound takes the NJ cake of the places ive been..

XS is my favorite shore club, but this thread is about the sound quality and thats it.. So Qtip those 5 pounds of Idaho potatoes out of your ears, and really listen next time..:D PEACE..

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by xcracker

XS is ok, but they never really filled the room with sound well the 6 fridays i was there this past summer.. I was always asking myself, "why dont they turn this shit up!".

See thats what I said, I think they could turn it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy up and blow that room away but maybee they either don't want to or have to or need to or can't. I really don't know but I think if it can be done and is done it will rock in there....Plus I'm sure a tune up by summer will help......

Making frech frys with all those potatoes right now.......LOL