Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vegas tips please...

Hi CPers,

I'm going to Vegas at the Luxor this WE (from Saturday to Tuesday) for the first time.

Is anyone going? How's the Luxor?

Which clubs do the New Yorkers go for good Tech/House?

I know there's the Ra in my hotel, I also heard about Utopia and Rum Jungle...

Your tips are very welcome, thanks...

Utopia is supposed to be the *bangin* spot but we passed it up. We walked outside of the place, heard some cheesy ass beats and turned right around. The crowd wasn't too delightful either.

We also hit RAIN in the Palms Hotel...AWESOME venue but the crowd was more stuck on the beautiful people syndrome and who they wanted to shag that evening.

I really dont know of any other clubs but hell, just wlaking around Vegas is insanity! You can walk down the strip with beer, margaritas orr other drinks and smoke ANYWHERE!! Be sure to go on top of the stratosphere and hit the free fall ride...WHOLY FUCK! I thought I wasx gonna lose my shit on that thing. INSANE!!!

Originally posted by misskittie

Utopia is supposed to be the *bangin* spot but we passed it up. We walked outside of the place, heard some cheesy ass beats and turned right around. The crowd wasn't too delightful either.

We also hit RAIN in the Palms Hotel...AWESOME venue but the crowd was more stuck on the beautiful people syndrome and who they wanted to shag that evening.

I really dont know of any other clubs but hell, just wlaking around Vegas is insanity! You can walk down the strip with beer, margaritas orr other drinks and smoke ANYWHERE!! Be sure to go on top of the stratosphere and hit the free fall ride...WHOLY FUCK! I thought I wasx gonna lose my shit on that thing. INSANE!!!

Thanks for the tips. I know we can walk down the Strip with alcohol, but by "smoke anywhere" do you mean even weed? would be great but I don't think so...

Also has anyone been to the Ra club? It's inside my hotel so would be nice to try it out!

Oh, and I heard some clubs are very strict on "no sneakers". I go to all NY clubs with sneakers. Do I really need to bring nice shoes, even if I'm dressed very properly ???

do not smoke weed in public, or anywhere else you may get caugut, nevada is a zero tolerence state, which means if you have a gram, you have a pound.

as far as sneakers go, vegas is a little bit more formal than most places, because evryone is there spending $, so you might want to wear a good pair of shoes that are nice looking, yet comfy enough for dancing and walking around the hotels.

utopia is definitely the "bangingest" one i have attended in vegas ... as for the person who said that what was coming out of it sounded cheesy, i went on a saturday night and not one song i heard struck me as something i'd be likely to hear in exit or roxy on a friday night ... i think it feelz closer to south beach than new york though ... which i consider a good thing ...

the hotel clubz vary by night ... i planned on going to ra one thursday night and found out it was rap so i went over to rumjungle instead and there i got house, but pure cheese house, more webster hall-ish even then webster hall ... darude, destiny's child-remixes, etc. etc. ...

it completely dependz on the night, i suppose ... but utopia seems head and shoulderz above the rest to me ...

HEy I just got back from Vegas That place is awesome the hotels are amazing you dont even have to leave your hotel but i suggest you go sight seeing there is a cool water show at night infront of the Belagio. I saw your hotel from the outside it looks really cool. The clubs out there are ok the people are kind of trendy and the music is usually mixed (hip hop/ house) I went to Rum Jungle it was cool there are half naked girls dancing in cages if your a guy youll like it. I also went to a club on the strip its called Seven it was free to get into on Sat. night not sure if its free all the time the line was out of control but we went up to the guest list line and gave him our name he had about 3 names on his list and we werent one of them but he let us in if you got girls with you have them try to get you in on the guest list line. I didnt go inside Studio 54 but it sounds really cool there are 3 floors its inside the MGM grand hotel. Have fun and dont bet your life savings.

Kater

Whatever you do avoid Club Rio like the plague. I felt like I was at wedding/bar mitzvah. Rumjungle was okay if you're more into hip-hop and R&B which I'm not. If you're going out on a Sunday night then go to the House of Blues at the Mandalay Bay. It gets a cool local crowd and the DJ is not too shabby.

Vegas is absolutely sick! You'll love it. Ra is really good. Better on Fridays than Saturdays if you like house and techno, saturdays they mix in hip hop.

Club Utopia is a great call.

Rum Jungle is average at best, due to the poor layout: hard to move around, dance floor is kinda isoltaed at the far end and no drinks of any kind allowed on the dance floor.

Tuesday night is the best night for Studio 54.

Check out the afterhours at Glo (Glo at the Hop is the official name). That place is absolutely sick from 5am top noon!!

Rain is the best new place, sweet layout, real good special effects (fire and cool vid screens etc), but dancing is secondary to people watching I guess.

I went to another place I think it was called C2K or something like that which was good and Sunday night SRO is supposed to be good too. Just make sure it's not latin music night before you head over there (unless of course you like latin music then hit it up, no doubt it's the best salsa house in vegas)

Did I mention Glo?

Check out Drais in Barbary Coast if it still open (that's afterhours too). There are always rumors they are shutting the place.

Check out coolvegas.com to find out who's playing where.

Oh yeah, House of Blues is definitely a good call for locals night.

Good luck and have fun.