Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Power 96 broadcasting from Space Poll

georgeacasta2

How do you feel about Power 96 broadcasting live from Space?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Power 96 broadcasting live from Space?

• I think it's a great idea!
    • I think music will benifit greatly
    • I think space is desperate
    • I'm not stepping foot in Space ever again

I think space is comprimising it's psuedo underground vibe. The hardcore music heads will probably steer clear of space because it's too comercial. However, this could be a step in the right direction as far as getting our music more recognized, BUT is this what we really want?

Besos

Walter

Originally posted by meng

I don't think you have the right multiple choices there, bro.

sure it covers all opionions.

guys dont let the Space people fool you and give you the phony balony hoe down.

they can care less about music on radio and all that nonsense.

its what happens when the core leaves a club and its been for close to two years on top so dominantly.

They have Spin now and all thier energy is directed towrds that.

pretty soon I predict Space will close and reopen in thier new location bigger and better!!

as for now yeah thyere desperate . you never associate yourself with power 96 unless your Baja , 609, Iguana and even then youd think about it.

its either this or bring top notch Djs every week and that can be so costly.

Oscar g is thier main man now. Padilla cant pick up the Slack!! and Roly is great but not yet ready for primetime.and thier promoters are weaker.

fact sorry if its insulting but its the bottom line.

it should be embarassing for them nonetheless.....Crobar nor even Level would do this.

Billboard will run the show for a while then it will go to someone else .......it happens in club history time and time again.

to quote Jim Morrison and the Doors on Space ....

"this is the end....my only friend the end.....":rolleyes: :eek::blown:

:( At least it was fun while it lasted.

I have their first video flyer and in their video flyer the state that the have purchased another warehouse that is way bigger than the current Space location. This is Warehouse 45 or something like that. So who knows maybe this is all part of a plan.:confused:

Originally posted by beyondo

sure it covers all opionions.

guys dont let the Space people fool you and give you the phony balony hoe down.

they can care less about music on radio and all that nonsense.

its what happens when the core leaves a club and its been for close to two years on top so dominantly.

They have Spin now and all thier energy is directed towrds that.

pretty soon I predict Space will close and reopen in thier new location bigger and better!!

as for now yeah thyere desperate . you never associate yourself with power 96 unless your Baja , 609, Iguana and even then youd think about it.

its either this or bring top notch Djs every week and that can be so costly.

Oscar g is thier main man now. Padilla cant pick up the Slack!! and Roly is great but not yet ready for primetime.and thier promoters are weaker.

fact sorry if its insulting but its the bottom line.

it should be embarassing for them nonetheless.....Crobar nor even Level would do this.

Billboard will run the show for a while then it will go to someone else .......it happens in club history time and time again.

to quote Jim Morrison and the Doors on Space ....

"this is the end....my only friend the end.....":rolleyes: :eek::blown:

and i thought i talked too much smack.

(yawn)

Broadcasting underground house/trance on Power 96 could quite easily make the music mainstream. I know that whether it's mainstream or not shouldn't matter as long as you like it, but what's next, John Creamer and Stephane K remixes in the background of Headquarter Toyota commercials on the radio?

I would be in total favor; of a live broadcast from Space. be it rumor or fact. in hindsight, what platform is used, to launch a live broadcast from Space; seems rather unimportant. again, let the space dj’s control the format.

is Space desperate? does Louis need money? does Louis have an over inflated ego? will space move to a new location? who knows, and quite frankly I could give a fawk. I look at the end results. the results Space has produced, have been pretty impressive to me thus far.. would the integrity of Space, be put in jeproardy? I doubt Louis, would ever allow that to happen.

imo the Miami dance music scene; should reflect the diversity of miami itself. "a little mixture of everything", is the miami dance music scene about; distancing, stereotyping, or elitism? I would hope not. bringing the masses together, to share a common theme MUSIC. that’s what it should be about. Just my $0.02..

That's true Tony. But what I was saying is that there would be a difference between Space broadcasting on Power 96 than on 93.1 or even their own station. I really don't know what would happen if Space broadcasted on Power 96, but the possibilities are scary. I think that if they can use either 93.1 or their own, it would help "seperate the boys from the men" so to speak (the "boys" being the current Power 96 listeners).

I don't know......The bottom line is that you have to try something to see what happens.

Originally posted by meng

That's true Tony. But what I was saying is that there would be a difference between Space broadcasting on Power 96 than on 93.1 or even their own station. I really don't know what would happen if Space broadcasted on Power 96, but the possibilities are scary. I think that if they can use either 93.1 or their own, it would help "seperate the boys from the men" so to speak (the "boys" being the current Power 96 listeners).

I don't know......The bottom line is that you have to try something to see what happens.

from a business perspective, and this is what Space is. Power 96 has a larger market share. I’m not quite sure, what would be scary about this ? you are a dj. if given the opportunity to expose your talents, control the format, and get your name out there; on a major platform. would you not take that opportunity? "the bottom line is you have to try something to see what happens." I agree..

yeah, but it's changing the musical format for a specific period of time?. It's not like it's changing ALL of it's musical format, Power 96 defenitely wouldnt allow that becuase they're so consumed in mainstream pop and hip hop. In actuality, it is very scary becuase Power 96's market is not ideally Space's target market. Just think of the market that Power 96 promotes .....

You're right, bro. It's just the thought of the music I love so much become commercialized that's scary. Look at Rabbit in the Moon for instance. They've been around for almost ten years and are one of the most recoginized electronic music artists in the world(yes, IN THE WORLD). Yet you don't hear them on the radio and if you ask anyone on the streets about Rabbit in the Moon, maybe one out of twenty people will know what you are talking about.

The motto for Hallucination Recordings(Rabbit in the Moon) is "One nation underground, invisible..."

As far as money is concerned, then by all means, broadcast on Power 96 and as many radio stations as possible.....but I think that we should keep some things sacred, don't you?

Commercialization does not mean, that one has to sacrifice integrity. that's up to the artist. if you feel as an artist, you no longer have control of your music. then you and only you can change that. if I were an artist, I would want my music exposed to everyone. not just a select few. I don’t think an artist creates music; with the thought of reaching a selected few. I would think their ultimate goal, would be to reach, as many people as possible.. it's always been my belief; that music should not be underground. in fact I believe the very term "underground", is quite subjective.

focusing back on the idea of Space, broadcasting on Power96; or any other station for that matter. indeed two hours; is not earth shattering. but; it is certainly a beginning. would Power96 change their overall format, I doubt it. Their format seems to be working for them. Perhaps from the exposure of the music, we treasure so much; something good may arise. it's also my belief ,that Louis is the only one; who can determine, his destiny.judging from his track record. . I remain optimistic.

one of the things, I love about going to clubs; is obviously the music. but, also the opportunity to socialize with people; I may not have had the opportunity to meet, in any other setting. Music should be about bringing people together.

good points, Tony....all of them.......like I said before.......the bottom line is "don't knock it 'til you try it" and I'll remain positive about it and support it.......

You did understand what I was saying about Rabbit in the Moon though, right? About how they've avoided the "overground" so to speak and still have one of the most loyal fan bases of all electronic music artists.........the same goes for Sasha and Digweed......they're the best of the best yet I doubt any Power 96 listener knows who the fuck they are.......

whatever happens, good luck to Space.....they're really on topof the game and are in a position to do these things so fuck it....do it.....see what happens.....

Sean,

I understand your point about rabbit in the moon. But just imagine S & D unleashing a wicked set; like they did for MTV; on Power96. or Confucius and The Monk taking over the dex on Power96. that sh*t would be sick !! the question is; would Miami be ready to handle that ?

but like you said fawk it; lets see what happens. :)