Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I NEED HELP!!!!!! ATTN: COmPuter SavY..

Guest tilly

Guest tilly

I'm getting a new computer in like 10 mins and I am trying to make sure that I can keep my music!!! I have transfered stuff in a folder on the shared drive BUT I'm not sure IF I GOT IT ALL...

any suggestions..

and I'm talking hours apon hours of delicious music ppl!!!

Originally posted by tilly

I'm getting a new computer in like 10 mins and I am trying to make sure that I can keep my music!!! I have transfered stuff in a folder on the shared drive BUT I'm not sure IF I GOT IT ALL...

any suggestions..

and I'm talking hours apon hours of delicious music ppl!!!

I'm assuming you're using either 98, NT or 2000

Click on start go to find > files and folder and click

when the box comes up type in *.mp3 in the "named" field

Make sure the "look in" field is set to "C:" . . .

Click find now. . .

If it finds anything :

Go to up to the top of the find box click Edit > Select All and click

the drop down should dissappear and all the files should highlight . .

Click on Edit and go down to Copy and click

Open up the shared drive on the network

Go up to edit once again (on the shared drive box) and go down to Paste and click . .

all the files that were found should copy over. . .

Guest tilly

thanks for your help guys...its useless..

my stuff is WAY TOO big to go on the network shared drive. I tried and a few mins later I received "the call"

SO, I will have to start from scratch..and dayum...not happy...I have soooo many goodies that I will never remember. Like the time when I completely deleted everything .. yes everything from Napster and forgot a lot of my golden happy lil songs..

This year is all about change anyway for me so I can just reinvent the wheel all over again.

Thanks for your help!!!

D

if it is your computer, just take out the old hard drive and put it in the new computer as a slave drive. then you will have your old hard drive on their as well with all your mp3's.. trnasfer them to thenew computer , then put the old hard drive back. as the IS guy to do it for you if he's nice, and you're at work.

Guest tilly

I have LOST ALL OF MY MUSIC..and i'm starting over...

well at least I have a new fancy computer at work! We have made it to the 2000's and not stuck in 1998,,,

hehehehehe:laugh:

Originally posted by vinc3nzo

if it is your computer, just take out the old hard drive and put it in the new computer as a slave drive. then you will have your old hard drive on their as well with all your mp3's.. trnasfer them to thenew computer , then put the old hard drive back. as the IS guy to do it for you if he's nice, and you're at work.

. . .yeah . . you gotta be my FRIEND for me to do that for ya . . . I don't know an IS guy in existence that would do that without a bribe . . .Not that it's a hard operation or anything . . but you still gotta pay me . . .

Guest tilly

OK...well this starting from scratch thing has it's advantages...

HOLY SH*T!!! I went for the hybrid mix of moby's southside and I am in HEAVEN and LOVE and and and and speechless...beautiful! absolutely outstanding.

Originally posted by tilly

OK...well this starting from scratch thing has it's advantages...

HOLY SH*T!!! I went for the hybrid mix of moby's southside and I am in HEAVEN and LOVE and and and and speechless...beautiful! absolutely outstanding.

Well damn Deb, if you wanted Hybrid's back catalog, you could've just asked me.....:D