Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who follows the EPL (English Premiere League)?

I do, but I guess we are the only 2 in this "hate soccer" country ;)

Couldn't see the game yesterday, but I do have Fox sports world and watch EPL and French championship. I'm French and a huge Paris SG fan. I love Liverpool and went to Anfield road a few years ago for Liverpool-PSG, amazing red fans...

Anelka sucks, I hate him.

You from Brazil? Sorry for the 0-3 loss in France 98... :D

soccer is by far the worlds greates sport....people just dont understand it and i wouldnt try explaining it to people...you are born into the game and have a different respect for it then others...people in this country will never figure out the true meaning of the game....the emotion, the excitement, is just one of a kind

Originally posted by msoprano13

soccer is by far the worlds greates sport....people just dont understand it and i wouldnt try explaining it to people...you are born into the game and have a different respect for it then others...people in this country will never figure out the true meaning of the game....the emotion, the excitement, is just one of a kind

Exactly, I've tried so many times to explain this to American people, but now I feel it's useless, they just don't understand. It's all about the universallity of the game. Just give a ball to poor kids in Africa, south America or Asia, they will play on the street, even without shoes, and be the happiest kids in the world.

Allez les bleus,

France world champions again in 2002... :D

Originally posted by msoprano13

Very well put!!!!;)

Originally posted by sfspikes2envy

i follow the best league in the world which is the ITALIAN LEAGUE FORZA MILAN :flame::bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Forza Juve !

Viva Trezegol, and you are lucky that Zidane left, otherwise Milan would have no chance this year.

I went to San Siro in Milan once (Milan-PSG in Champions League a few years ago, I went all over Europe to follow PSG ;) , the stadium and the crowd was amazing, so I also like Milan and a few players. Leonardo was my favorite but he left (he was in Paris before) and now Shevchenko is the star :cool: Boban is good too.

What would you think about another France-Italy final for next world cup ???

Originally posted by crobra

Anyone follow Soccer?

I just watched Liverpool beat Man Utd at old trafford live on Fox World - what an awesome game!! Danny Murphy scored in the 84th minute to give Liverpool the victory!!!!!

go liverpool! i hate Man Utd.the freekin yankees of EPL. too much money,constantly winning.tired of them.

Go Liverpool and Chelsea!!

Yep, go reds (Liverpool reds, so many red teams!), YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE...

and go Arsenal, almost a French team ;)

I like your mix man, and I love that track Choc electrique - shadows. That's French and I heard it almost a year ago for the first time on this great French house music radio: http://www.radiofg.com/live/

you should really try it, there's a live tracklisting too.

How did you find it? Is it known here in the US?

Originally posted by tonito

Yep, go reds (Liverpool reds, so many red teams!), YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE...

and go Arsenal, almost a French team ;)

I like your mix man, and I love that track Choc electrique - shadows. That's French and I heard it almost a year ago for the first time on this great French house music radio: http://www.radiofg.com/live/

you should really try it, there's a live tracklisting too.

How did you find it? Is it known here in the US?

well i really liked the track by them Pascals Bongo Massiv which danny howells included in his NuBreed CD for like a minute.

i went to satellite records and typed in Choc Electrique.got about 4 tracks from them.listened to em.loved them.bought em all.

there are Pascal Bongo Massiv 2001 remixes.sick stuff as well.

I can't believe nobody's mention ARGENTINA going to the finals of the world cup...their two strikers (Batistuta & Crespo) are top notch. As for European futbol, I gotta go with Real Madrid. I lived in Madrid for a year and went to so many games at San Bernabau and loved it.

Originally posted by senorfern

I can't believe nobody's mention ARGENTINA going to the finals of the world cup...their two strikers (Batistuta & Crespo) are top notch. As for European futbol, I gotta go with Real Madrid. I lived in Madrid for a year and went to so many games at San Bernabau and loved it.

it might be tough for them with Sweden, England and Nigeria in the same group.

that whole group is a toss up. It's a bookmakers nightmare as well as for bettors.

Originally posted by senorfern

Well, France-Argentina is supposed to be the ideal final. But after the draw, I know the game can be played in 1/8 finals and that France will win. That's why Argentina cannot go to the finals... :D

But i do agree they a have an amazing team ! (Saviola from Barca will be their new star...)

Hey Tonito - I watch the French League on Fox World - I do like PSG, but they aren't doing to well this year!! Whatever happened to the striker christian? I know they picked up Ronaldino and Alex (I think)!! France is a very strong team and should do very well in the World Cup. Will they win it - they is very hard to tell - I think they are the favorite!!

Senofern - No mentioned Argentina, because this was a thread about the EPL - Liverpool are favorite team in the EPL and I fuckin hate Man Utd - I am a bit disappointed that liverpool sold Robbie Fowler - I think that was a bad move!!

Argentina is a very good team, but they did play in a very weak group for qualification. I watched a lot of the teams play and none were really strong except for argentina. They are going to play some strong teams now in the 1st round - it could do them some benefit!! France just has the best overall team - but Italy looks good too!!

But you never know - the WC never goes the way it is supposed to and teams that seem to be a sure thing sometimes crash out early!! Batistuta and crespo are great players but play a similiar style - that can cause problems - they might not have the right chemistry!! But I must go for my Brasil and Croatia - unfortunately they are both playing poorly and I believe they will not do well!!

Hopefully the US does well and peaks some more interest in this country!!

Hey Tonito - I watch the French League on Fox World - I do like PSG, but they aren't doing to well this year!! Whatever happened to the striker christian? I know they picked up Ronaldino and Alex (I think)!! France is a very strong team and should do very well in the World Cup. Will they win it - they is very hard to tell - I think they are the favorite!!

Senofern - No mentioned Argentina, because this was a thread about the EPL - Liverpool are favorite team in the EPL and I fuckin hate Man Utd - I am a bit disappointed that liverpool sold Robbie Fowler - I think that was a bad move!!

Argentina is a very good team, but they did play in a very weak group for qualification. I watched a lot of the teams play and none were really strong except for argentina. They are going to play some strong teams now in the 1st round - it could do them some benefit!! France just has the best overall team - but Italy looks good too!!

But you never know - the WC never goes the way it is supposed to and teams that seem to be a sure thing sometimes crash out early!! Batistuta and crespo are great players but play a similiar style - that can cause problems - they might not have the right chemistry!! But I must go for my Brasil and Croatia - unfortunately they are both playing poorly and I believe they will not do well!!

Hopefully the US does well and peaks some more interest in this country!!

Agree !

let's hope that US does well during the world cup, and their public support the team and like the game.

Crobra: PSG is now doing a little better, we are 3rd or 4th of the league and should qualify for next champions league.

We have now 3 brazilian players (Ronaldinho, Alex and Aloisio), Christian moved to Bordeaux last summer and just moved again right now (this week!) to Brazil (Palmeiras). But I don't like him, and he really isn't a good player...

Ronaldinho is our new star :D

Originally posted by tonito

Forza Juve !

Viva Trezegol, and you are lucky that Zidane left, otherwise Milan would have no chance this year.

I went to San Siro in Milan once (Milan-PSG in Champions League a few years ago, I went all over Europe to follow PSG ;) , the stadium and the crowd was amazing, so I also like Milan and a few players. Leonardo was my favorite but he left (he was in Paris before) and now Shevchenko is the star :cool: Boban is good too.

What would you think about another France-Italy final for next world cup ???

U FORGOT PIPO INZAGI

Pipo Inzaghi has very minimal talent. If you stand in front of the goalmouth all game long, of course you'll bank a couple, but you'll also get called on about 100 offsides, which he does each game.

He's a bit of a hanger i'd say. I want to see him if were to be put in midfield.He'd trip over the ball trying to make a play. A true pro should be able to play any position, except for maybe goalkeeper.

Who do you guys think will win the Serie A?

I am going with Inter!!!!!

i was going to pick Chievo Verona,but they seem to be fading quickly, so I'll go with Inter as well. They are very solid defensively, considering Serie A is a very defensive league to begin with.