Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Turbulence = Yummy

Guest tilly

Guest tilly

WELL.....all that I can say is that I AM HOME in the truest sense of the word!!!

Thank god I took today off of work, cause I am hurtin from last night but IT WAS WORTH IT. TO quote a friend, "I like NO WORK DEBBIE." or something to that affect.

Ok well, I started off the night at Lep Lounge with the magnificant DIVINE and crew...always a fun party! Great music, great ppl, great overall vibe. (expensive drinks, um**cough***cough but that's NY for ya).

On to Turbulence a couple blocks away and a few drinks into the night..

MIke RObinson really knows how to throw a party MY STYLE

BReaKbEaTz BABy!!!! YUMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I couldn't even begin to track id 1/2 the songs that I was dying over. When I got there, DJ SHUGGA was on the decks and oH BabY is she HOT in every sense of the WORD...dayum..that girl knows how to get down.

Then, my memory starts to fade from the achohol and overall allure of the music, friends and vibe...but I will attempt it...

or should i just let Mugwump (who by the way, is BACK to being the man that I love!!!):) take the reins..nah..he can add his 2 cents.

There was a bit of a wrench in the evening when I found out that the Daybreaks party has been cancelled indefinitely b/c of the owners of the space not being down with the venue...NOT COOL. We can revisit this topic at a later date..NOT HAPPY.

Ok well then, Mike RObinson takes over the decks with some funky beats..and that's when I started to dance.

Perma grin from ear to ear NON STOP.

Then CER, who I have to pronounce was my fav of the evening!! He was throwing down some classics mixed with new... all chunky funky and fabulous.

Lastly, I believe was Atomik Rage..who I did not confirm so I can't be positive. Again, really delicious sounding beatz...but IT WAS TIME FOR the ol lady to go home.

Good to see (no name dropping necessary) you guys last night!! I had a blast (In case you couldn't tell)!!!!! :D

THE END.

Guest tilly
Originally posted by jayp

quite the party.

i gotta agree cer was my fave. tons of cp heads in there... i guess i gotta post here more often...

Welcome..nice to see the ezdreamers migrating over.

It was nice to meet you last night!

yes Tilly, I LOVE "no work tomorrow debbie". she stays out as late as i do.

i really enjoyed the "pete, we'd given up on you" when i walked in at 2:30. come on kids!!! never give up, u can never give up!

yo Z - your redeemed, but look for that damn track kid!!!

MUGZ - two nights in a row? eeeek!

Guest tilly
Originally posted by barvybe

i really enjoyed the "pete, we'd given up on you" when i walked in at 2:30. come on kids!!! never give up, u can never give up!

I forgot about that! I'm LMFAO! I remember at one point going, "Pete got sucked into LOVE." and then an hour later you appeared..and I thought, "now that's a true CRACKHEAD!"

:cool:

Hey guys, since thursdays are turning out to be soooo much fun, I have an idea: WHy don't we move them to FRIDAY!!! Cause then "Work next day" Saisha will stop doing such a good impression of "No Work" Saisha, and "No work" Saisha will be able to stay out with all you crazies without suffering the HUGE HANGOVER that "work today" Saisha is dying from right now.

So did everyone get that: Stop being so fun.

(I love you all, but I hate you all right now!)

Hi everyone I was at Leopard Lounge last evening. I just registered so I too can waste all my time sending messages to you guys......

Fortunately, I am working from home I can spend the rest of my day sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping......................................

Hey Tilly remember me from last night?

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself......

Guest tilly
Originally posted by thehacker

no daybreaks makes kris a sad panda.

I'm working on it. Trust me..this is the only party in NY so far that made me TRUELY happy / home happy (aside from last nights party as well now)..anyway, I will fight for this to the end and if anyone read my "what I found out about myself today" thread then we discovered that I DO NOT GIVE UP FOR STUFF I BELIEVE IN.

More later as advances occur.

Yea..

Mike is the man!

Had a great time as usual..

Great to see all of you out to represent

for the Breaks scene..

Daybreaks IS down for a while

but I think Cara (Miss Bliss) is gonna

make up for it with her upcoming weekly

as well as Thursdays @ Idlewild..

I think TURBULANCE is gonna stick for

a while given last night's attendance.

No need to sound redundant on the DJs

last night..

So I'll just say;

"yea..what debb wrote!"

Smurthy great to see you onboard..

Opaline is definately a possibility.

See ya kidz round..

Originally posted by tilly

I forgot about that! I'm LMFAO! I remember at one point going, "Pete got sucked into LOVE." and then an hour later you appeared..and I thought, "now that's a true CRACKHEAD!"

:cool:

u know i fell off the bed and cracked it on the floor. R U making fun of my helmet? :confused:pilot.gif

Wow well I find nothing on naughtybooth, nothing on nubreaks, nothing on bigapple. And yer all here. LOL I'll put my long review up after lunch in a lil bit. Glad you all came since it means the city has a real breakshead core into the music. Definitely something to build a fanbase around. And remember, coming next month we'll have 3 weeklies in NY (though all r on Weds :confused: ): Bittersweet, Static (if you like yer breaks electro), and Bigapple. O ya and the next Turbulence party will be....(opens envelope) Sunday, Feb 17th (President's Day Weekend). Wait for the official announcement from the Mikes (CER is a Mike too)for details.

Originally posted by xpander

Fell off of it?

That's an awful lot of damage considering there's all of 3 inches between the top of your bed and the floor...:D

hey, if u'r gonna do something....

u know the rest, right?

besides, now i can just pour the drinks right in rather than bother with that whole digestive tract thingee 1drink.gif

Originally posted by breaksny

Wow well I find nothing on naughtybooth, nothing on nubreaks, nothing on bigapple. And yer all here. LOL I'll put my long review up after lunch in a lil bit. Glad you all came since it means the city has a real breakshead core into the music. Definitely something to build a fanbase around. And remember, coming next month we'll have 3 weeklies in NY (though all r on Weds :confused: ): Bittersweet, Static (if you like yer breaks electro), and Bigapple. O ya and the next Turbulence party will be....(opens envelope) Sunday, Feb 17th (President's Day Weekend). Wait for the official announcement from the Mikes (CER is a Mike too)for details.

good shit!

Great to meet you last night..

keep pimpin the good word in here!

Let's turn this ship around..

cause some waves in this HOUSE TRANCE NATION..

BREAK IT uuuuuup...

O and just to clarify, Maudy Cara's and DJ Wool's party is gonna be on Weds @ Coal (230 E 9th St., adjacent to Solas).

And here's Mike's announcement from Bigapple: http://pub65.ezboard.com/fbigapplebreaksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=8.topic

Bittersweet Goes Weekly, Daybreak goes bye-bye, Radio &

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tons of news on the breaks front this week:

Starting in February, Bittersweet breaks will happen every Wednesday. The new schedule will feature resident DJs, Sara "Doomer" Walker, Kswing, women MCs, and more. Stay tuned.

Liquid Todd invited me and Miss Bliss to spin on his Solid State show on K-rock (92.3) this Saturday night, so tune-in.

Last night’s Turbulence party went so well, Idlewild invited us back for a Sunday Party on President’s Day Weekend, Feb 17.

Speaking of Sundays, Daybreak is Dead. It will not be happening this Sunday.

I’ve been invited to another breaks party, thurs Feb 28th, details to come.

Well this was a blast too! Never partied in an airplane cabin b4, and what a rockin party it was!

Royce kicked things off very ecclectically and excitingly with a an electro-heavy set, that brought in some nice Fla tracks and fingerlickin funkyness 2. This was certainly one of the most innovative warmup sets I've heard anywhere recently. Some of the tracks had a very early, "Planet Rock" Bamabaataa-esque feel to them, while he also roughed up the edges of his set with a Soto (think it was them) track that's on Botchit breaks 3. Nice nostalgia indeed. He also had a few Fla traxx toward the end as well.

Shugga followed for the next 80-90 mins and simply scorched on the decks, in my book the nite's top set. It was quite Bedrock Breaks heavy, with 4 traxx from Hyper's masterwork, but as usual she threw us some tight tight acid electro curveballs (also the name of one of the Elite Force traxx CER dropped), that showed why she's the city's ace nu skool/acid electro DJ. No one's sweeter.

Mike Robinson had a couple mini sets (1 of 15 mins, and another of 30-45 mins or so) during the party, and I don't think there's anyone grooves during his sets like he does. Mike as well through in some tight electro as well as some phat soulful traxx, and rockin Plump DJs traxx like "Scram." Phat indeed. The Heart & Soul delivered as well.

CER was simply blistering on the decks, with 2 (count em 2!) Elite Force traxx that may've been the standout portions of his turn on the turntables. I'd never heard their stuff before and it was a very nice preview for their upcoming set @ Static 2 weeks from Wednesday. Mike also banged some of the old skool Fla sound that just hyped the crowd beyond all expectations. He is a top mate too.

Finally, Atomik Rage (who I hadn't heard before) basically gave me an education in the history of old skool and Fla electro. It was nice to have CER's and Mark's running commentaries on the history of many of the traxx throughout the set. Indeed this is the roots of where it all comes from and impeccably mixed, as well selected. Atomik doesn't just make the history of breaks come alive, he contemporizes so you feel as though the music from that time is alive now. Phat set indeed.

Shoutouts: Maudy, the Chrises (Crobra and the other, sorry forgot your name), Mark, Tilly (likewise forgot yours, sorry), the Mikes, Kelly, Royce, Trisha (damn you have impeccable negotiating skills, Atomik, Brickhouse, and all the CP, nubreaks, bigapple, and naughtybooth crews for showing. And remember, Turbulence 2 is just 3 weeks away on Sun, Feb 17th. See you there. :cool:

Originally posted by jayp

btw i was there. kid sitting in the booth right in front of the dj booth around 1-2am :D

yah and i was the good looking one next to him. . .:cool:

i had a blast last night at turbulence, and i'm gonna hit it more often too now, it's been exactly what i've been looking for. . .

and ClubPlanet has gotten fun to read again. . .it's good to come back home. . .:D