Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To keep or not to keep???

lollib

Ok, dont know if many of you watch Sex and the City but the other night when Carrie tried to give back the ring, what did everyone think? If you were engaged and broke up with your finance, you would you give back the ring? Guys, would you take the ring back? There was a debate about this on Z100 yesterday and was just wondering what everyone thought.....

i would give the ring back if i was the girl because it is an engagement ring and your breaking it off so the reason for having the ring no longer exists .......and i would take the ring back if i was the guy, at least i could seel it and recoup some of the $$$ it cost.

Originally posted by q-ny

Legally, an engagement ring is a conditional gift. In most states, including New York, the ring legally must be returned because the condition (marriage) was not met.

Well damn if you're going to get that technical about it, she's better off not having gotten the ring from you in the first place! Lolli was talking about feelings, not about "the law." That being said, because it is an expensive gift, I would try to give it back--but if the guy didn't want to take it, b/c of memories etc, I'd get it made into a different piece of jewelery like Charlotte tried to do. Keeping it as a ring would be too difficult, but keeping it in another form, as a memory, is important.

If I broke it off I'd give it back. If he broke it off I personally think he shouldn't expect it back; although I would probably want to return it. But if he did something really fucked up, like cheated or something, I would definitely want to keep it and then sell it or something!

Originally posted by tastyt

If I broke it off I'd give it back. If he broke it off I personally think he shouldn't expect it back; although I would probably want to return it. But if he did something really fucked up, like cheated or something, I would definitely want to keep it and then sell it or something!

ditto :D