Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Baktun - Last night

Fucking wicked party -- vast space improvement from Guernica, better location, reasonable drinks, and more elbow room for the jocks.

THe punisher was PUNISHING. Whoever said Techno is a boy's game wasn't there last nite-- I was surrounded by techno chicks dancing their asses off.

Good to see Randy aka A Pole's Worst Nightmare bouncing around the dance floor...

keep up the good work, viktor!

-MJR

ok..here's my long version review..

the Dj's :

cem salman - Only caught the last few tracks of his set...so i dont have an opnion just yet.

Punisher - was very impressed...rather smooth..she was flipping the faders and the eq here and there..you can tell she enjoys the music..she always reacting a split second before the crowd chimes in..feeding off the reaction. was a nice mixture of sounds..housy,tribally,and tech-trancy (for lack of a better word..think oliver leib).

Mr. Selway - this will be a bit biased...used to love his sets at twilo opening for vath..you heard the transition between selway and punisher..she was heavy in the low end of frequencies..and he started to hit us with highs immediately...started off with more of a tech-house feel....but his last 3 tracks were fucking out this world....quirky synthlines layered over basslines from hell..a touch out of key to make the tracks stand out. The whole space was going insane at this point.

Ho Oliver - made sure people knew he was there right off the bat...took selway's last record and abused it with the eq...he was tweaking the shit out of it. but when it ended...he started fresh with a vocal (talking....no singing in techno)....that led into some smooth tech-house/tribal rythems...was good shit..but i had to leave for work...so i only caught the first few tracks.

Winner of the Night - John Selway

The New Space :

Comparing Baktun and Guernica is like comparing a hamster wheel to a porsche engine. All the talent i have seen this year will be revisited at baktun by me....strictly for the sound. Good fucking call on the tronic people's part.

The People :

Nice faces.....smiles....and good crowd with great energy for a monday night. Beautiful ladies everywhere.

The Staff :

Perfect...coool...and considerate....so nobody go fucking this up by pissing them off

My Prediction:

This Party wont last in that space....i give it 6 month before the lines outside will make them move to a larger venue.

I am a Happy Won!!!

-z

Every one of the DJs played great stuff.... i couldn't believe some of the shit i was hearing last night... totally wicked... and yes the last 3 tracks Selway layed down were completely off the hook... i couldn't be happier:D :D :D

Ho really blew me away:eek:

Originally posted by mugwump

ummm..

Yea,

what Z said..

I had such a good time I lost my cell phone.

Victor rocks!

ooohhhhhh my head..

'

bboooooosssssshhhbooomshhhbooomshhBOOOM!

I think there was to much gin and not enough tonic in your drinks, you jumped into the back of a red jeep when we were on the street!!!

great nite. I've had better at guernica, but eventually we'll all find our niches. Punisher was my winner hands down, but i was in the mood for the hardershit anyway.

what I likeabout baktun is that the dj can be tucked from your view, but alas everyone still goes and faces that direction.

prety girls, mmm

Z, IM me at randynyc1

maudy too if ya want

Originally posted by Randy

great nite. I've had better at guernica, but eventually we'll all find our niches. Punisher was my winner hands down, but i was in the mood for the hardershit anyway.

what I likeabout baktun is that the dj can be tucked from your view, but alas everyone still goes and faces that direction.

prety girls, mmm

Z, IM me at randynyc1

maudy too if ya want

Great time dancing with you man!

I'm down about the pad!

check your PMs!