11. Faith Delivers - Maurice & Noble/Jane Hadley

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...5971721-7158328

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

last time i checked:

Jimmy Van M ( Remixes\ Creates progy house tracks )

Satoshi ( If you know your house I should not have to say anything)

Way out west ( Not one trance track on The Intensifie alb.... )

1. Jody

2. Nick Warren

Silcon soul ( NoLimit, last time I checked these where your fav remixers )

Tilt ( prog House/ Tech house )

1. John Grahm / Parks&Wilson

Superchumbo ( Last time I checked Super did not remix trance tracks )

Im not sure about the rest of the tracks,but in my opinion its rude to be condescending to people who have different tastes then you do.

prog house is not house

tech house is not house, it's just prog house grown up

satoshi is NOT anything resembling house

way out west is NOTHING but trance

I'm not making fun of you for liking crappy music, I'm making fun of you for presuming to call your music house -

and yes, anything with hide you should be used as a coaster or target practice.

Noira, you obviously have your own interpretation of "house". There are different styles of "house" as you may know......whether or not some of those styles are considered "house" by YOU is another story........I don't think your interpreation is universal.

Originally posted by noira

way out west is NOTHING but trance

Have you even bothered to listen to the Intensify cd?

Mindcircus - has incredible vocals and a beautiful piano melody!

The Fall - another melodic piece of art!

Hypnotise - this song has soul!

Open your mind, I can tell your a real music lover :)

Originally posted by meng

Noira, you obviously have your own interpretation of "house". There are different styles of "house" as you may know......whether or not some of those styles are considered "house" by YOU is another story........I don't think your interpreation is universal.

well stated Sean !!

house is house

trance is trance

dog is dog

wolf is wolf

cat is cat

lion is lion

It's annoying that people choose to use music labels without any sort of musical knowledge or understanding, slapping them on here and there to sound like they know what the hell they are talking about.

I understand everyone has a personal preference, and some sub-genre labelling is certainly subjective, however, house has particular definitions and requirements, none of which are met by the songs in this comp. Just because you THINK its house doesn't mean that it truly IS house. Thought does not equate to fact.

house is house

trance is trance

dog is dog

wolf is wolf

cat is cat

lion is lion

It's annoying that people choose to use music labels without any sort of musical knowledge or understanding, slapping them on here and there to sound like they know what the hell they are talking about.

I understand everyone has a personal preference, and some sub-genre labelling is certainly subjective, however, house has particular definitions and requirements, none of which are met by the songs in this comp. Just because you THINK its house doesn't mean that it truly IS house. Thought does not equate to fact.

Here's the dictionary definition of "house music".

house music - A style of disco music with a heavy bass beat, initially popularized in underground all-night parties held in abandoned warehouses.

I think this comp meets these requirements.

The house genre is subdivided and alot of other styles fall under it's definition.........like it or not!

As far as james having music knowledge or not I think it's evident by his reply that he does have some degree of musical knowledge. Furthermore, your condescending elitest opinion about house music is relative to your definition of house which apparently is not shared by the rest of the world.

Have a nice day :D

Originally posted by soldado

I dont know but the guy at Spec's told me its a House CD....and he is an expert.

:laugh: That's the funniest thing I've heard all week.

thank you solado.

needed that.

Why can't any of you consider the possibility that I may be right? It's not house. Period. there are no disco beats there - nothing but breakdowns upon breakdowns slammed together into a comp cd -

House music - Naked, Soulfood, Grayhound, Solfuric, Nrk, Bombay, Compost, Distinctive, Ohm, MAW, DHM...just to name a few. Those who have spent their entire music careers on house music, who DEFINED house music, don't recognize this as house.

What are these then:

progressive house

disco house

hard house

tech house

acid house

?

House is a very loose term....you may want it to be what you want, but that doesn't mean you're right about it......

I think I know what your'e getting at, but your approach is wrong because these styles I mentioned above are all forms of house music.......

Why can't any of you consider the possibility that I may be right? It's not house. Period. there are no disco beats there - nothing but breakdowns upon breakdowns slammed together into a comp cd -

There definitely is several songs with steady deep kicks on that comp just like disco. I seriously doubt the whole comp is breakdown after breakdown. This definitely does fall under the DEF of house music!

I'm in total agreement about DHM....etc etc etc being house music but the genre is much broader then you've arbitrarily decided to define.

Where we get confused within our scene is that these labels are applied so randomly, and with no thought or understanding of what actually makes and creates such definitions, that, today we're left with what is seemingly a wide-splintering of house, but, if you were to correct a single "mistake" and that is the labelling of progressive house as anything "house", and take away the house, then we wouldn't have all these sub-genre's. There would still be acid house, and "hard" or "garage" house though.

"House" is house. Progressive house would have been served better if it were labelled progressive-tech and progressive trance; two separate genres, recognizing the two major influences - tech and trance (and recognizing trance's originations from the Northern Soul of Manchester and original baeleric trance which took Northern soul and tech and English nuttiness to create the early trance of the late 80's and early 90s). Much more specific, and correct of it's originations. Then, today, as progressive "house" has followed more of it's tech routes, there would be so much less confusion. As for progressive trance, it may have a few of the melodic house riffs, left over from the original "baeleric" trance of the late 80s and early 90's, but it still wouldn't be confused with house.

Make sense?

Originally posted by soldado

I dont know but the guy at Spec's told me its a House CD....and he is an expert.:laugh:

:laugh:

I'm not even going there either "Noira"!!!

You're wasting your time trying to explain...

Ask even the most unkowing Progressive house fan if he thinks any of that tracklisting is "house". He/She would actually say quite the contrary. I agree that everyone has their own interpretation of what each genre is, and as music progresses, there will be more and more of these sub-genres created, but I don't even think 70% of Progressive-House should bear the latter half of the name. I'm not even saying it's bad... It's just not "HOUSE". The Prog-house "sub-genre" was created by all of the "Good" trance producers that were trying to run FAR, FAR away from that tag! "Well, we've ruined trance what should we call it now!??" It's almost like the whole "Grunge" thing that happened in the early 90's. "Oh god no, We're an alternative rock band, not a grunge band! :puke:

Noira actually has quite a "well" of knowledge, ESPECIALLY when it comes to house! I'd take her info/opinion all day, any day!

Eddie Amador said it best..."Not Everyone Understands HOUSE Music!":confused:

What happened to you GA2... sounds like you've joined the dark side... please don't go... you're a good man, and the force is still strong with you!!! j/k :laugh:

Where we get confused within our scene is that these labels are applied so randomly, and with no thought or understanding of what actually makes and creates such definitions, that, today we're left with what is seemingly a wide-splintering of house, but, if you were to correct a single "mistake" and that is the labelling of progressive house as anything "house", and take away the house, then we wouldn't have all these sub-genre's. There would still be acid house, and "hard" or "garage" house though.

"House" is house. Progressive house would have been served better if it were labelled progressive-tech and progressive trance; two separate genres, recognizing the two major influences - tech and trance (and recognizing trance's originations from the Northern Soul of Manchester and original baeleric trance which took Northern soul and tech and English nuttiness to create the early trance of the late 80's and early 90s). Much more specific, and correct of it's originations. Then, today, as progressive "house" has followed more of it's tech routes, there would be so much less confusion. As for progressive trance, it may have a few of the melodic house riffs, left over from the original "baeleric" trance of the late 80s and early 90's, but it still wouldn't be confused with house.

Make sense?

:eek: :eek:

damn bon, good stuff