Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Civilian casualties in Afghanistan

karch

Did you know there was reported about 3,800 INNOCENT civilian casualties as of December 10th in Afghanistan due to US bombings. There was somewhere over 5,000 in the 9/11 attacks. I dunno the number of civilian casualties as of this day in Afghanistan due to US Bombings..but I know it's more then 3800, I even heard that it was more then 9/11.. but I won't say that since I don't know that for a fact. That shit makes me think though.. who are the terrorists here?

And I think it's funny that news stations fail to report this..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/south_asia/newsid_1740000/1740538.stm

There's a lot more websites.. but I just posted one up here...

Inevitable...they are inevitable.....just a shame they had to die for something they didn't even want in the first place...it's always the poor fucking civilians who have to suffer for everything...just like the poor Iraqis are suffering because their leader is a sick fuck.

Yes, SaSs is right.

I watched this film in my history class a few years back on the "desert storm" war, and it just sux to see just how many innocent lives were lost.

It's one thing to see soldiers in combat die for their country or cause, but another for a pregnant woman minding her own get blasted to pieces by some nimrod thousands of miles away at a control station in St. Louis eating potato chips playing it like it's some computer game or something.

Freakin Desensitizing

:(

there are certainly afghan civ casualties, but the problem is, many european news agencies include dead taliban fighters or their afghan supporters in the numbers, thereby greatly inflating the true innocent casualty number. US military is probably the only military in the world that places an extraordinary emphasis on avoiding civilian damage, any other military campaign, and you would see tens of thousands of dead (soviet invasion, 60+ thousands dead).

Originally posted by tribal

there are certainly afghan civ casualties, but the problem is, many european news agencies include dead taliban fighters or their afghan supporters in the numbers, thereby greatly inflating the true innocent casualty number. US military is probably the only military in the world that places an extraordinary emphasis on avoiding civilian damage, any other military campaign, and you would see tens of thousands of dead (soviet invasion, 60+ thousands dead).

Couldnt have said it better myself......