Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Two Million Pills A Week" - Has Ecstasy Use Soared?

Reports in The Observer newspaper over the weekend say that the Government are vastly under-estimating the amount of ecstasy use in the UK. The broadsheet claims two million ecstasy pills a week are taken in this country, four times more than the Government has admitted publicly.

The classified study seen by the paper - by UK Customs and Excise - comes at the same time police are asking the Government to downgrade ecstasy, giving it the same legal status as cannabis.

The report says there are 430,000 users, who spend a total of £300m a year on ecstasy. The paper goes on to suggest users are taking between 10 and 15 pills a night.

27 people died in the UK as a result of taking ecstasy last year.

A Home Office official quoted in the paper denied the Customs estimate existed, and insisted the old figure of half a million tablets a week was correct.

. . . . What I want to know . . . and I've been a major crackhead at times so I can partially give creedence to this . . . . but HOW can people average between 10 and 15 pills a night out . . . the most I remember doing is 8 and, like I said before, I was a crackity-crackhead at the time . . .

10-15 a night, on average? That means there are people doing 1 or 2 and others doing 20 or 30. Come on! Any ways, if you have 400,000 people taking 2MM pills, that's more like a 5 per person average. Still seems high, but certainly more realistic.

Those Brits are onto something though with the downgrade, no?!?!

damn... thas crazy.. is that possible 10-15 a night?!?!?:eek People that I used to chill with were def into popping mad pills.. but the most I ever witnessed someone doing was also 8 (like phuturephunk). I mean yeah they said they've done 10-12 but i dont believe them.. lol... I work in a hospital emergency room and I have seen a couple people fucked up on pills. I feel so bad for them. Imagine being stuck in a hospital bed, with someone sitting by the bed to watch you, your not able to drink water or walk around and they make you drink coal or soemthing?!?!?!? I'd kill myself!! :blown: