Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nice House/Downtempo-ish set!!!

bbflux

I was listening to the January 23rd Redzone set (Redzone with the Airtight Allstars) on Groovetech and I REALLY LIKED IT. Anyone got a way to get that on a CD for me? :D

Frank, it's got that track with the "Everybody" sample that Howells played on Friday night and it's also got that new Kings of Tomorrow track on it ("Young Hearts").

Originally posted by noira

bb - if you can post the link let me see if i can burn it for you - i've got some software here that may get it onto cd...just give me the real audio link...

Actually.... Thanks! That's quite nice of you, since I lashed out in James' defense on that Altered States post. Nothing personal. Anyhow, I was gonna ask George (Treepwood) if he could do it for me since I see him quite often. :) Anyway, here it is....

rtsp://realarch6.groovetech.com/data1-0/Streams/gt_radio_london/200201/20020123-redzone_with_the_airtight_allstars_9444.rm

if that didn't work then I guess you'll have to go to the broadcast archives.

Its a pain in the ass to convert a real audio file to a CD.

First you would have to right click on the link select save target as in order to save the .rm file to your local drive.

Then you should be able to click on it and play it anytime just like you do over the net.

But there is no way to convert from the real audio format to .wav or mp3 that is easy (atleast that I know of)

So you would have to basically rerecord it. The easy way would be to just run a male to male cable from the line out of your sound card to the mic in your sound card and use windows recorder or any other recorder.

Then it would be a wav file (very large BTW) and you could burn it to a CD.

Of course if you wanted to break down the tracks so you didnt have just one big long track, you would need another editing program such as soundforge to break down the one big WAV into many smaller ones (one song each)

Shroomy's suggestion is WAY to complicated!

There is by far an easier way to do this!

First you open up the .rma file in a binary editor, then you change the encoding scheme in binary to match the octet sequencing of native .wav files. If your really comfortable with .wav's encoding sheme it's really easy to develop your own algorithm to do the converstions for you automatically as long as your familier with the analog properties of the wav that your converting it too. It doesn't get any easier then this people.

hope I helped :)