Clubplanet Nightlife Community

some pics from Fun House

go411:

You mean to one of the Nuns' performances? I know they played at Downtime last Saturday, but I've seen them before so I hit up the Hidden Shadows party instead. They were hangin at Fun House the other week also, so they've been making their rounds.

tastyt:

DarkStar was spinning at the Hidden Shadows party last Saturday, and she's usually at Fun House every Friday hanging out. And yeah, she's quite the sexy thang.

gothzane:

I'm going to assume you meant the second best part, because the #1 best part about Fun House is that I'm DJing obviously. lol

If anyone wants to come check out this party, email me at nroth@speakeasy.org and I'll hook ya up with a reduced admission. Or, if you wanna get some of the freaky clothes you see in some of these pics, I can hook ya up with discount cards for Fun House's sponsors: some of NYC's best fetish/club gear stores like Ian's on St. Marks, Purple Passion, Underbelly, and DV8. ;)

Originally posted by mugwump

Been there done that..

Looking at those guys

is like looking through a window at MY 80's.

To each their own...

"Bella lagosi's dead" (indeed)

Except I don't play any of that shitty goth or new wave music for this party, just hard dark beats. Schranz techno, power electronics/industrial and gabber. :D

JESUS I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ACTUALLY

ARE GETTING ME TO POST THESE UP..

Me in 1988..

The Young mysenthrope..

(I actually looked like "Goth talk"

for about five more years..)

Thankfully KRAFTWERK SAVED MY LIFE!

*Crobra is gonna have a ball with this one!

I can just hear it now:

"MUGZ YOU FAG!

I TOLD EVERYONE YOU USE

TO WEAR TIGHTS! Blah-blah..

"attachment.php?s=&postid=645875

and here's a picture of my Ex-goth

chicky from that same era of doom and gloom:

attachment.php?s=&postid=645846

As a recovering Goth

I find it interesting and bizzare

that the concepts behind that era

and music could adapt to techno..

I remember a time when the "LOOK"

was about something all together different..

a "poetry..of why we all felt so issolated"

a time when DEAD CAN DANCE, DEATH IN JUNE,

IN THE NUSERY, COCTEAU TWINS AND THE LIKES

PLAYED SYMPATHY TO OUR MOVEMENT.

I'm not sure I understand what all of

that turned into.

(?)

Originally posted by mugwump

As a recovering Goth

I find it interesting and bizzare

that the concepts behind that era

and music could adapt to techno..

I remember a time when the "LOOK"

was about something all together different..

a "poetry..of why we all felt so issolated"

a time when DEAD CAN DANCE, DEATH IN JUNE,

IN THE NUSERY, COCTEAU TWINS AND THE LIKES

PLAYED SYMPATHY TO OUR MOVEMENT.

I'm not sure I understand what all of

that turned into.

(?)

There are still goth parties where they dance like they're walking thru the forest and brushing away the branches, but this ain't one of them. I think the crossover happened when "gravers" started sprouting up everywhere. People that got sick of the happy techno shit and wanted something with a little more edge to it. Rivethead dancing is somewhat similar to a raver stomp, only more pissed off and aggressive. I think why we're getting goths at our parties is because some of the scenes are actually starting to get along since they realize that it will just spread the whole scene too thin if they just stick to "their" parties. Rivetheads are starting to get along with goths, vamps are starting to get along with the fetish crowd, and there have even been ravers as well as 'mundanes' coming in off the street and they've been liking the music, and people have started being more accepting and friendly to each other. I remember one week some raver came up to me and said he hadn't heard beats that hard at any other joint he'd checked out.

But basically, I think the fusion happend when some goths got sick of sad shit and some club kids got sick of happy shit. So they kinda created this cyber-rivethead-graver kinda style where they could combine darkness with techno which is fine by me since I've never liked goth music, but I do like my dance beats to have an evil edge.

Originally posted by heretic909

But basically, I think the fusion happend when some goths got sick of sad shit and some club kids got sick of happy shit. So they kinda created this cyber-rivethead-graver kinda style where they could combine darkness with techno which is fine by me since I've never liked goth music, but I do like my dance beats to have an evil edge.

hmmm.

interrresting..

(Mugz rubs hands like Mr. Burns)

Sounds like I might just have to venture to such

a hybrid crossover land one of these days.

Besides. Any place where I can see exposed

boobies is OK in my book!