Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MDMA f'cks up the immune system

philo

temporarily, of course...

i've read a few articles on this topic some time ago, now, however, i really believe it. i've noticed the following: if my friends and i leave the club after a non-sober night and the weather is crappy, more often than not one of us gets a flue or cold. not everytime, but often enough to make the connection. in fact, today was my first day at work after howelles/caselle night, and i'm still not 100% yet. i guess the more you do it, the more time the immune system needs to recover completely.

fortunately, the immune system is wonderful enough and it recovers, but how much abuse can it take?

my non-sober nights don't happen too often...maybe once every two months...

let's get some opinions, how often do you guys think, it's ok?

(wait, forgot to add, all of the above is hypothetical. not that anyone really does it) :)

I noticed that last winter!!!

My suggestion is that you take some vitamins when you return home!! I usually take 500mg of Vitamin C and 50-100 mg of zinc. I would also like to a add that I doubt MDMA has that much to do with getting sick, it is probably more attributed to leaving all sweaty and exhausted from dancing for so many hours. I say this because whenever I play a soccer game in bad weather, I usually end up with a cold (unless I take the vitamins). It seems exercise, improper nourishment afterwards, and cold weather lead to a to getting sick!!

Originally posted by philo

temporarily, of course...

i've read a few articles on this topic some time ago, now, however, i really believe it. i've noticed the following: if my friends and i leave the club after a non-sober night and the weather is crappy, more often than not one of us gets a flue or cold. not everytime, but often enough to make the connection. in fact, today was my first day at work after howelles/caselle night, and i'm still not 100% yet. i guess the more you do it, the more time the immune system needs to recover completely.

fortunately, the immune system is wonderful enough and it recovers, but how much abuse can it take?

my non-sober nights don't happen too often...maybe once every two months...

let's get some opinions, how often do you guys think, it's ok?

(wait, forgot to add, all of the above is hypothetical. not that anyone really does it) :)

DEFINITELY! And not just that...Crystal, Coke, K, etc. All of it plays a role in wearing down your immune system. Mostly b/c of no sleep and not eating properly, but other reasons as well.

Take it from someone that learned the hard way...there are even more serious things you can get than a cold from prolonged use. Not even talking neurological, but liver disorders (from cleaning that shit out) to mononucleosis/epstein barr (aka Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), etc.

Party, but in moderation!

addaboy

• 2 weeks later...

I highly doubt that drugs are what is braking down the immune system. I believe it is the combination of your temperature being so high in the club... Sometimes skyrocketing above 102 degrees believe it or not. Sweating your ass off... Then walking out to the 30 Degree bitter F'in cold. As well as no sleep. I have worked many double shifts on my job and then gone out on a friday night till around early saturday afternoon or late morning. And have been sick as a dog... That is what 3 days of maybe 2 hours of sleep and sweating to death will do to ya...

Later...