Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TRANCEND IS THE GOD OF HAPPY HARD CORE! (Pseudo set review!)

OK so I just got home from Pseudo. Great night for an encore return of the pseudo open turn table nights! Night kicked off with a roster of DJs as eclectic as the UN committee! Everything from Trance to Funky Breaks to House, Happy Hard core and Trip Hop. But then again that's the heart and soul of these nights: DIVERSITY! As well as an exposure to younger type of DJs that are just learning and just don't have the kind of output as your average super star DJ at a lounge or club. The mix of these flavors are the meat of these nights. I heard funky tech house, trance, Breaks , hard core and even it's poller opposite Down tempo!

But what I really want to get to is DJ TRANCEND'S SET!

HOLLY F*ckin SHITE! May I say brother that you have reminded me of just how FUN hard core is! It was like switching through a TV set and watching half an hour of X files..flip,flip...half an hour of a Really fun action movie...flip, flip..."E" and all the glam..and then WHAM! There it is! A rerun of "Bill and Tedd".

You stop and remember how silly and great this movie is! You laugh, and you do the air guitar after a few bowls and a beer. Well, that my friend is what YYOUUU did to me last night. You made me remember how fun "letting go can be". I jumped..twirled..dropped..twirled and did the mugwump stomp after You dropped the second and third tracks. I did air liquid dorky hand gestures gravitated towards the speakers , and the entire time I was thinking to myself: "shit, I out grew this shit like six years ago!"

Trancend was shy at first and then he got the room chanting his name like a super star! (reminding me of That Mohamad Alee fight from that movie; "When we where Kings" ) Up against the best. And still you came out a winner!

Justin stayed focused the entire set and then would throw down a fast build up that would knock you on your ass! THEN, Looking up briefly He'd choose a record..Drop it and there it was HARD POUNDING BEATS in the form of some sick gabber track (which had me sweating like a pig bythe end). Feeling my heart ready to burst. In fact Gabber/harcore is like a torture machine: "HOW MUCH CAN YOU TAKE"! (Not in the bad scence, but You better be in good shape for it!) I floundered after the first twenty minutes. Sat down and said "Holly Fuck that shit kicked my ass!" Well Trancend, Mission complete. After all..hard core is only for the "HARD CORE"! Not for a 29 year old mugwump like myself!

But I will tell You this much. I'll be stepping into the HARD CORE room @ Boo this year for sure. DJ TRANCEND reminded me of what a guilty pleasure it can be to step back into a younger state of mind!

Great job kid!

You made this MUGWUMP feel young again..

at least until I had to run to bathroom and puke my guts outs from

Exhaustion)...

M

U

G

Z:

:rolleyes:

Hard FAWWWWWWKIN Core...

hes all growns up & hes all growns up...

Like Maudy said, it was like physical torture (in the good sense), I wanted to stay up and dance, but My body was just like "uhhhhhhhhhhhh toooo faaassstttt" & my brain is all "suck it up, puss... The music's good"

I enjoyed seeing the mugwump stomp to hardcore/gabber, daaamnnn.

You haven't lived until you've stomped to the Echostar Trainwreck Experience.

:bounce: I saw a tear :D

I had an awesome time last night. TOTALLY worth the way I feel right now.

Mike Robinson's set was so much fun (as expected) too bad I couldnt bounce. I've said it once and I'l say it again "how the hell do you dance in heels?" anyway, It was very cool to see everyone jumping around to breaks.

BUT the HIGHLIGHT of the night and more accurately my year was seeing my little one, DJ ECHOSTAR djsi.gif pop his cherry. :D

JUSTIN- You did great! I am so proud of you I can barely contain myself. I think you did a great job, and I have to say, I've never seen anyone pack that front room the way you did. All those people were there for you, to support you, and hear what you had to give them, and you gave it to em all right. you banged it out kid! I saw quite a few people that I would never expect to like hardcore, bouncing away :eek: (I even tried a little bouncing, I'm lucky I didnt break an ankle)

you showed a lot of balls last night. and hey, after the first 20 minutes, you started to look like you were having a little fun, instead of just nauscious. ;) I'm so glad I was there to see it. I wouldnt have missed it for ANYTHING. And the best part is, you're only gonna get better and better and I get to watch the whole thing! Ok, I'm getting all misty, I'm gonna stop. I'll just say one more thing:

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! luxhello.gifremybussi.gif

Pictures to come later.

(he's all growns up and he's all growns up)

awww guys i feel the love :heart:

but seriously though, i do appreciate all of you coming out.....i think i literally wouldve vomited if i didnt have people to chill me out

but first off i gotta say a few things

ron - sorry i skipped your record(s)

jon and mike c- sorry i missed your set!

mike robinson (if you post on here) - your set was insane, im understanding maudy's praising of breaks now

bog - thanks for playing heaven scent

apotheosis - thanks for signing me up! no one could hear the Echostar Trainwreck Experience without you!

so anyway.....after a night of all sorts of genres it was finally time for me to begin my trainwreck.....after being comforted by a bunch of kind CP people i stepped up to the booth or stage or whatever

i was so nervous i could barely even put the needle down on the record

so once i finally got used to it, it was safe to look up from the mixer, and i saw people dancing! :eek: i was like, wow its hardcore and theyre dancing! that was one of the coolest things ever

i played more hardcore then i planned on cuz it seemed like people were enjoying it, i didnt really play any "happy" hardcore, that stuff makes me wanna :puke:

wow my response is more than 2 words

i wanna see the pics...everyone bring their film to a one hour photo ASAP!

i should probably take a shower now...i smell bad

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wouldnt have rather popped my cherry with anyone else

Originally posted by joeg

... hes all growns up and hes all growns up...

Congradulations Justin, oh, and you better be there next thursday aswell, I want to hear more.

im not gonna play there for a while cuz

1) i wanna get better

2) i usually work thursday nights

Originally posted by trancend

im not gonna play there for a while cuz

1) i wanna get better

2) i usually work thursday nights

DAMMIT :( And i wanted to see Trainwreck in all it's glory for once

Yo Justin, Glad to hear you brought the house down :D

Looking back, maybe i shouldn't have left, but looking forward, i should move to freakin Queens!

Can't wait to hear you spin sometime...Quoth must'a been happy to hear happy hardcore :tongue:

WOW dude!

sorry...my bad!

HAPPY HARDCORE AND HARDCORE AND GABBER

are a domain I'm not too familiar with..

My electro breakbeat mind has a mealt down

with beats that fast and I tend to throw them all in one

basket...

Which is a sign of ignorance!

Thanks for showing me the difference..

ECHOSTAR IS STRAIGHT UP HARRRD CORE!

(And you've GOT to play again @ pseudo next week bro!

It's the only way you get good..

in front of people!)

*pics to come

Originally posted by heretic909

Sorry I missed it, man. Nice to see that there's still some love for hardcore, though. Keep reprazentin ;)

did you keep a setlist by any chance? curious to see what beats you assaulted their asses with.

my records are still in the same order so when i get back from lunch ill post which ones i played

yeah what the helll.......you shouldve come

Originally posted by heretic909

Sorry I missed it, man. Nice to see that there's still some love for hardcore, though. Keep reprazentin ;)

did you keep a setlist by any chance? curious to see what beats you assaulted their asses with.

Opened with Nosferatu – Fuck the Prejudice

And loosely in this order – Rexanthony – usaflash

Crime lab – scream

System 3 – Shades of Black (kickin mix)

Raoul Zerna – Rocket Launcher

T- Factor – T Factor on the Floor

The Hitsquad –Voodoo (House o Holics Remix)

Darren R – Paranoid

House O Holics – Da Drum

Nemesis - Braincandy