Clubplanet Nightlife Community

platinum?

Originally posted by jbravo

don't feel like searching, so here it goes...where is it? what nite is better? website?

Platinum is @ 13 Paterson Street in New Brunswick. I've only been there on Thursdays and it was pretty good, but wasn't too crowded. My friends have gone on Fridays & Saturdays and have said Saturdays are the best nights there. :) I'm going this Friday to check it out and hear BG.

Originally posted by ibclubbin

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww shit:D

Fridays are a blast but saturday is definitely the best nice...lots of nice looking ass in there, id say in the 23-26 range...

Club Platinum

BG

Im sorry,but I just have to say it....

I have been to Platinum around 6 times (each a Saturday) since it has opened, and think that it has EVERYTHNG going for it (decent setup, great DJ's, etc.) but the location may very well kill the club. I went last night and wasVERY dissapointed with the crowd, as I have been previous times. Only at Platinum can you have a great DJ like Boris and have people out on the floor dancing like they are at a frat party. My friend and I could not dance for a minute without some drunk asshole come up behind us and try to grind with us. These same two losers tried to sandwich us around 5 times before I finally had to kindly tell them to "fuck off!" and for GODS SAKES who smelled so bad on the dance floor? I was consumed with the smell of terrible BO half the night. AND what was with the dancing on the bar like this is Cancun or someting...I had fun toward the end, but only because the shady college clientele seem to filter out around 1. I guess there isnt much Platinum can do about these type of people coming in, but IMO, they COMPLETELY ruin the atmophere of the club.

Originally posted by cgm

I have been to Platinum around 6 times (each a Saturday) since it has opened, and think that it has EVERYTHNG going for it (decent setup, great DJ's, etc.) but the location may very well kill the club. I went last night and wasVERY dissapointed with the crowd, as I have been previous times. Only at Platinum can you have a great DJ like Boris and have people out on the floor dancing like they are at a frat party. My friend and I could not dance for a minute without some drunk asshole come up behind us and try to grind with us. These same two losers tried to sandwich us around 5 times before I finally had to kindly tell them to "fuck off!" and for GODS SAKES who smelled so bad on the dance floor? I was consumed with the smell of terrible BO half the night. AND what was with the dancing on the bar like this is Cancun or someting...I had fun toward the end, but only because the shady college clientele seem to filter out around 1. I guess there isnt much Platinum can do about these type of people coming in, but IMO, they COMPLETELY ruin the atmophere of the club.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: JUST GO TO BUNKA....You dont have to worry about that SHIT, just keep your eye out for Scarletpromos he dances toooooooo much....:laugh:

Originally posted by cgm

I have been to Platinum around 6 times (each a Saturday) since it has opened, and think that it has EVERYTHNG going for it (decent setup, great DJ's, etc.) but the location may very well kill the club. I went last night and wasVERY dissapointed with the crowd, as I have been previous times. ...I had fun toward the end, but only because the shady college clientele seem to filter out around 1. I guess there isnt much Platinum can do about these type of people coming in, but IMO, they COMPLETELY ruin the atmophere of the club.

All the times I have went, it wasn't really a "Rutgers" kinda crowd, except for Thursday. I do agree, Platinum has a lot going for it. They have definitely worked out a lot of the kinks from when they opened....

Went on a Thursday -- it was a cute venue, but my worst nightmare: a club full of all the people I see on the bus on a daily basis. This reminded me why I DON'T go out in New Brunswick.

I'll go to Platinum again when Macaluso comes back one Saturday. Maybe I'll stop in to hear BG on Friday for a bit. Those are my limits.

;)

- meli - :::sorry, but my Saturdays belong to Vinyl:::

Originally posted by melichacha

Went on a Thursday -- it was a cute venue, but my worst nightmare: a club full of all the people I see on the bus on a daily basis. This reminded me why I DON'T go out in New Brunswick.

I'll go to Platinum again when Macaluso comes back one Saturday. Maybe I'll stop in to hear BG on Friday for a bit. Those are my limits.

;)

- meli - :::sorry, but my Saturdays belong to Vinyl:::

:laugh: :laugh: 100% RIGHT...BUT GO AND SEE BG then BUNKA..:D

Originally posted by melichacha

I hate going to bars by my house for that reason....

i went last thursday for the first time, and i had mixed feelings. what the hell was up with the line? we were on the line for like a hour and half and when we got in the place it wasn't even packed. the guy at the door was letting 5 people in every ten minutes. the drink prices were good, and there were cute girls, but i had no idea the place was going to close at 2:00, so we spent more time on the line then inside. so i guess if your going to go on thursdays you have to go real early.

- from my understanding u have to flash ur titties to get in... and sometimes they still wont let u in... heheeh.. suckaz...

- open a club in a college town... expect it to turn into a frat party...

- i understand the need to babysit the od's (ive werked in nightclubs b4...), but dont put em on display on george street... it kinda looks bad...

- whats the deal with tuesdays... ive been hearing rumors...

ok, I'm an old school twilo fan, i love danny t at vinyl, and i hate frat parties, someone help me out on the best night and time i should be hittin this party, i'm a rutgers student and would be a fool not to go check it out:confused:

lataz

Originally posted by mariusv6

ok, I'm an old school twilo fan, i love danny t at vinyl, and i hate frat parties, someone help me out on the best night and time i should be hittin this party, i'm a rutgers student and would be a fool not to go check it out:confused:

lataz

its worth checkin out at least once... but def dont expect anything near vinyl or twilo...

lataz

do NOT go thursday then

I would recommend Saturdays, depending on the guest DJ...however i recommend you come this friday from 8-10:30 to support me :D

IM me for comp info DJBG2002

BG

hey whats admission anyway?

thursday - i think its like 5 bucks for over 21 for guys, 3 for girls, and at least 10-15 for under 21

friday - free before 11 with my comps, usually b/w 6-12 depending on what time you go and if there is a guest DJ or not

saturday - usually 10-15 all night

BG