Clubplanet Nightlife Community

acosatanation reviews?

wahoo

Did the cp peeps enjoy acostanation? I spent most of the time in front of the dj booth so kinda hard of hearing right now...but mr. acosta was mad f'ed up sat. nite... he had way too many breaks...but still nice show.

Any word if Mr. Carl Cox is making it our way Mar.1 at Buzz? Website doesn't say it yet. If he isn't thinking of going to NYC that weekend cuz I think he is spinning sat. nite there.

Cheers,

Originally posted by wahoo

Did the cp peeps enjoy acostanation? I spent most of the time in front of the dj booth so kinda hard of hearing right now...but mr. acosta was mad f'ed up sat. nite... he had way too many breaks...but still nice show.

Any word if Mr. Carl Cox is making it our way Mar.1 at Buzz? Website doesn't say it yet. If he isn't thinking of going to NYC that weekend cuz I think he is spinning sat. nite there.

Cheers,

acosta sucked big time, worse i've ever seen him, maybe it was because he was pretty fucked up. how many times did he make that pose and how many temple massages did he receive?

ughhhhh...oh well at least the night was pretty cheap ingeneral so i dont feal that bad, but he still sucked big time :mad:

anyway, yup Carl Cox is in DC on the 1st, he's in NY the follwoing night

agree with you vicman...he was all base and too many breaks...but still a cheap night. I sorta thought he never really got into a groove, just playing stuff for sake of playing it.

Next question, I think carl cox is spinning thurs nite in philly, then fri at buzz, then sat in nyc...for some reason i think he may be better in nyc (hell i am just trying to justify going to nYC!).. any word how much he will cost at buzz cuz if he 35$ like sasha was..f'it..i'll buy more of his cd's.

Originally posted by wahoo

agree with you vicman...he was all base and too many breaks...but still a cheap night. I sorta thought he never really got into a groove, just playing stuff for sake of playing it.

Next question, I think carl cox is spinning thurs nite in philly, then fri at buzz, then sat in nyc...for some reason i think he may be better in nyc (hell i am just trying to justify going to nYC!).. any word how much he will cost at buzz cuz if he 35$ like sasha was..f'it..i'll buy more of his cd's.

i got fed up with acosta and his damn breaks. one here or there is Ok, especially at the peak of your set, but i lost count after the 20th break

i think it will be $25 for that night since it will be a Honeydew party. too me if its a Honeydew party its almost a gaurantee that he'll be good that night.

i dunno what else is going in NY that weekend, but if there is something good on Friday then I would probably choose to go to NY and then catch him on Sat and go to whatever is going on on Friday also. but i'll be staying in DC for Cox that night.

by the way, do you know what Carl Cox called his new club in the UK?

by the way, since this is a review of Sat., it was great finally meeting externation and elpapi on Saturday. next time, if you guys can make it to DC on a Friday, you guys would definitely love Buzz.

vixen, jroo, dcsglow, highmay were also there AND very special thanx for crownroyal and mentobento who were also there and were absolutely great hosts in the afterparty

Acosta sucked fat balls with his breaks and holier than thow posing. I ended up going upstairs to the salsa room and surprisingly they played good house so I chilled up there. I spent most of the night holding up the wall but in the end I had a good time. The afterparty was cool, Jimi you can never touch my computer again. I heard Nat Monday like 8 times and I can't believe you played Rapture more than once. It's all good though at least you put the newspapers back that you stole from my neighbors. :rolleyes: Sorry most of you had to sleep on the floor I need to buy some futons or something.

Originally posted by Kuro

When you guys say breaks, you mean times when he halted the music? Not breakbeats, right?

it was all breakbeats Kuro, you missed quite a show :D

naw, he halted the music way too many times, he looked like he was f*cked up while he was spinning, they say he was f*cked up the night before also...now that I think of it Kuro, maybe you should start spinning trance and get booked at GLOW, shave your head and leave your hair ultra short, grow as goatee and wear some Prada sun glasses and I think you could pass for George Acosta...well maybe thats an idea for an outfit for Buzz's hallowwen party :D

yes, he HALTED the music way too much to get peepls attention, the emmeffer... i heard he was fucked up from friday at the opening of the new ZOO at Insomnia. anyhow, we all know he SUCKED but the afterparty was AWESOME! we dressed vic in a vinyl thong and platform shoes and make-up in his sleep... and jimmi was talking to himself after smoking with royal, ozzy and i. gotta love mento for the delicious sam'iches and for the breakfast the next morning. :tongue: jimi's cousin shawn also made it out with us; he just got a job as a dancer for panorama.

despite the shitty acosta spinning, the night turned out pretty tight... jimi had to put the papers back and settle for talking to himself... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

For real, If I saw Acosta stop the music and stand there with his hands in the air like Cornholio one more time I was gonna go up there and personally shit on him. Everyone is saying he was fawked up on something - let's be real kids, he was high on HIMSELF... I'm surprised he even fit his fat rolypoly trance DJ self into the booth with his ego takin up all that room in there.

Big thanks to the random glow clubber that hooked me up with a double of GM - really helped drown out the moron in the booth. hehehehehehe :bounce:

That said, I am psyched for Ferry Corsten this week. He was excellent last time around, and I don't expect less this time! :D

Guest jroo

i wish that i was a girl so that i could get random free drinks. oh wait, thanks for that one drink vic! and i like fourth the notion that acosta was a big dumbass, hey jimi, if you're still trying to get me to listen to trance over d and b and jungle, you better show me something better than that fat fuck. i am so glad that i didnt buy his cd the other day. the sorry fuck.

Originally posted by jroo

i wish that i was a girl so that i could get random free drinks. oh wait, thanks for that one drink vic! and i like fourth the notion that acosta was a big dumbass, hey jimi, if you're still trying to get me to listen to trance over d and b and jungle, you better show me something better than that fat fuck. i am so glad that i didnt buy his cd the other day. the sorry fuck.

LoLz yeah, not the way to go. Come check out Ferry, and especially Armin, I thought he was incredible. Vic bought you drinks eh?? woooo :tongue:

Originally posted by vicman

by the way, since this is a review of Sat., it was great finally meeting externation and elpapi on Saturday. next time, if you guys can make it to DC on a Friday, you guys would definitely love Buzz.

First at all it was great meeting you all (vicman, dcsglow and the ones I dont remember their names) I had a great night ,and you will defly see me in DC some time soon. As far as Acosta goes...: :blank: I like him, but I understand what you guys are talking about, just to many fucking breaks.....

Like vixxen said he ego went to his head or something. I dont think he is like that all the time.

Any way, nice meeting all of you and I will see you some time in the near future.....:cool:

I'm george acosta execpt with an "a". You people need to stop talking so much shit about me and acknowledge that am awesome. I started the Trance seen all of you love so much and I can take it away from YOU! Furthermore, my next set will be one big long euphoric break with no beats!?!?! In the mean time keep buying my CD's and feeding my ego you frivolous clubbers!?!?!?

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I'm george acosta execpt with an "a". You people need to stop talking so much shit about me and acknowledge that am awesome. I started the Trance seen all of you love so much and I can take it away from YOU! Furthermore, my next set will be one big long euphoric break with no beats!?!?! In the mean time keep buying my CD's and feeding my ego you frivolous clubbers!?!?!?

George, is it true that ur gunna be spinning a mamoth 24hr set at the same time Tennaglia is spinning his pansy 20hr set at Space? No DT fer me and the whole DC crew, its GA all the way, we jus cant get 'nuf of you up here so were going to see down dere also ...by the way, what shit wer u taking on Saturday when u wer at Glow, I need some of 'dat, werd.

Hahahaha listen Georgeacasta you pansyass wannabe of a rolypoly trance DJ (why *are* all trance DJ's fat by the way???) if you're gonna talk all this shiiiiiit then you better appear in DC, front and center, and say it to mah FACE bitch! So BRING IT, you nasty mo fo, 'cause at the rate you're goin, there's tree branches out there that could spin better than yer ass! I'll take this outside anyday... yeahhhhhhhhhh :skull: :chainsaw::flame::biggun::knife:

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

eww get out of here already!

acosta was just not acosta, superglow 3 he was fucking incredible, i think vixen, djsizeup can back me up on that, royal too. i'm sayin though i guess he was too fucked up, i mean if he didn't put those weird pauses in it, it would of been pretty phat, cause he would of mixed the songs perfectly with the best build ups. thats just me though.