Clubplanet Nightlife Community

latest disappointment from PLATINUM

Platinum fired (or theres a rumor that John quit on his own will.) John Michaels last week.

Reason: It wanted John to spin more commercial stuffs... In addition to that it didnt like the type of crowd he brought.

How more commercial does platinum want its DJs to be? Seems like any one who wants to spin at Platinum have to rather be a turn table mechanic than an artist..

Can't believe Platinum wants to fill its space with Guidos and Guidettes for all 7 nites a week 52 weeks a year. In the wave of NJ clubs trying to reinvent themselves, Platinum wants to continue to use the old formula of making quick money.

With Guidos and Guidettes spending mad money at the bar, platinum may be able to turn profitable sooner but it will loose better future and will ended up as one of those mundane names on the yellow page.

disappointment came in at day one...

johnny vicious??

c'mon now...

on a side note... lookin forward to dave ralph at hb... i kno i graduated from the whole trance thing, but it should be alot of fun!!! its not often that u get to hear a dj like that in a jersey club...

im kinda wondering what else hb has in store in the future as to dj lineup...

headin out to gaebelz 2nite in a few to see john...

Originally posted by G MoNeY

disappointment came in at day one...

johnny vicious??

c'mon now...

on a side note... lookin forward to dave ralph at hb... i kno i graduated from the whole trance thing, but it should be alot of fun!!! its not often that u get to hear a dj like that in a jersey club...

im kinda wondering what else hb has in store in the future as to dj lineup...

headin out to gaebelz 2nite in a few to see john...

That place always dissappointed me! I guess you just live and learn!!!:)

Thanks so much guys!!! Don't worry we are moving to another venue, very soon!!! I am not going to give up on bringing an underground sound to Jersey, I know it will catch on, I mean an average of 200 people were coming out on a tuesday night, I consider those four weeks a huge step forward, a success even. The people that showed up were all about the music and that is what it takes for a party to catch on....... THIS PARTY WILL BE BACK... soon!:bounce:

****JM****

Originally posted by john_michael0494

Thanks so much guys!!! Don't worry we are moving to another venue, very soon!!! I am not going to give up on bringing an underground sound to Jersey, I know it will catch on, I mean an average of 200 people were coming out on a tuesday night, I consider those four weeks a huge step forward, a success even. The people that showed up were all about the music and that is what it takes for a party to catch on....... THIS PARTY WILL BE BACK... soon!:bounce:

****JM****

I know YOUR secret….Wow I woulder how long I can keep it....:D

The owner of Platinum said he did not like the music because it was for the drug crowd, ???????

Anyone remember seeing anyone banged up at Platinum on a Tuesday? I don't.

Couple of Drunk people though!

Friday night I was there for a b-day party and two guys were so whacked on G they could not walk (Surprise).

They must have still been there from Tuesday!:eek: :eek:

Originally posted by greyskyy

The owner of Platinum said he did not like the music because it was for the drug crowd, ???????

Friday night I was there for a b-day party and two guys were so whacked on G they could not walk (Surprise).

No drugs, a few drunks and dancers definitely.......

Originally posted by greyskyy

soooooo....

they peace john michaels to get rid of the drug crowd...

then lower the minimum age to get in, an 18+ party...

i highly doubt that will solve the drug crowd problem...

nor would it help bar sales...

politics meng...

side note... i heard johns gonna be at cheetah sometime soon... dont quote me on that cuz i dont have all the info...

Originally posted by jarmenio

Look for John Michaels soon at a new and improved venue. This party is gonna be slammin...

Hell yeah! I laugh at anyone who is gonna do drugs at Platinum. :laugh: They should have started Tuesdays at 18+, then there wouldn't be a problem. The general crowd around here doesn't know the difference between underground and cheesy music. They are just there to get drunk, dance and have a good time. The only type of music that could bring a mob of people in to Platinum is Hip-Hop or 80s. And that definetely will not happen, leave it up to the Easton ave bars.

never heard john but I heard from my good friend, who knows his music and apparently knows john, that he is a great DJ.......and this comes as a suprise to me......I thought Platinum had its shit together and wasn't gonna continue the pattern of ignorance that is everpresent in the Jersey scene......I will keep my eye out for this new party.:D

You guys kill me!! Laurie....Shhhhhhh!!! :laugh:

Well, I will tell you all this...

#1 I will be at China Club this Saturday night (1:30 - 4/4:30), and two Saturdays a month there after.

#2 I will be opening for Green Velvet at HB Ballroom on March 1st, from 9pm - 12.

#3 Monday nights at Gaebels is still going, we just got a new sound System.

#4 The vibe from Tuesdays @ Platinum will be back, where/when...... we will see... and I promise it will be BETTER!

G Money, Cheetah??? Let me know, because I have not spun there in a long while!

****JM****

ps. Jimmy Van M and Lee Burridge @Vinyl after China Club on Sat, that party will be SICKKKKK!!

:bounce: