Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Diablo for Auction.... ~$4000

This guy is pretty smart, its a scam. Well cause if you have cars like that at low miles at that price something is wrong. There is no addy and he said pay with paypal. So he will probably just collect your money, and he also said that the Ferrari has a PS2. I see nothing inside... also he said it was a manual, in the picture I only see 2 pedals.

The pics look fine, check out the 355 though. Looks like it's a car dealer trying to make a few extra bucks by loaning out their cars. That is if it's all legit. Speaking of F40s, I was in Fort Lauderdale in December and there is an exotic car dealership in town. I went to check it out and found an F40 in the back lot. WRONG, Fiero with body kit. A quick look in the back window revealed a tiny 4 banger and definetely no turbo ducting. I would definetely rent a F355 for $1k for 5 days. Of course I'd end up in jail after one day.

Originally posted by joeg

WHAT?!?!?!?! :confused:

hehe, I want to take something with 12 cylinders and 2 throtle bodies for a spin...

why the F40, you ask?

- enzo ferrari's last design, celebrating 40 years

- modeled according to GT1 specs

- at the time, world's fastest road-legal production racer

- only 1,311 of them were built

what's Not to love about this car?!

attachment.php?postid=656311

This thing does sound like a kit car . . . I COULD see them renting this thing out for that rate (about a G a day), however I would assure you that if it is indeed a real Diablo, then the thing will have a Sat link up telling the owner EXACTLY where it is at all times (most rental companies have, and deploy this kind of technology into all of their cars. . think Lo-jack) . . .

I would rent it. . . drive it into the desert in Nevada and have someone disable the tracking system . . . Ship the car to Fla, where I could dump it to some Columbian looking for a quick score . . you could make an easy 80 g's on it . . .

The F40 is a very special piece of machinery. They are worth over a million these days. Check out these pics, the window sticker says $431k back in 1992. About 2 years ago I saw an F40 drive by in the opposite direction, I should have followed him. Not sure if it was real or a replica. Enjoy the pics!

Anyone ever seen a TT F50 or Diablo VTTT? They are absolutely SICK! You know that nobody else in the neighorhood has one. 40.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

46.jpg

Originally posted by thehacker

dig that crazy 3 grand gas guzzler tax... hehehe...

another car i'd rather drive besides the diablo:

attachment.php?postid=657107

Wait a sec... you would rather DRIVE a 3000GT(??) VR-4 over a Diablo? U serious? Is that a 3000GT? The front doesn't look like it, but the wheels do. The front looks like an RX7. Can you clue us in?

Not talking about paying, just driving. It would be a tough decision between the VR4 and a Supra TT. The 4WD and 4WS are definetely appealing, but I don't like Mitsubishi even though I own one. Their build quality sucks.

40.jpg

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *SHOOTS LOAD ALL OVER*

Kris, the only problem with the 3gt is its a little heavy... Your better off with a 300zx or a SupraTT... Unfortunately those aren't AWD. Honestly, I just want like 15-20g to spend on my Eclipse, then i'd be all set. Then again, a big block would be mighty tastey in that vette...

Yeah the 3000GT is a little too heavy, I think it weighs in around 3600 or so. There are a few very nice TT Supras going around campus. One of which running 10s or 11s. I wouldn't put money into my Eclipse, I have a GT, fwd, V6, 5spd. Maybe if I had a GSX i'd reconsider. $15k in a GSX would go a very long way.

Originally posted by teklord310

Is that a 3000GT? The front doesn't look like it, but the wheels do. The front looks like an RX7. Can you clue us in?

It's the Jap-spec 3000GT, which I believe is still in production overseas...

anyone remember the Mitsu Starion? That was a badass car...

Originally posted by teklord310

Yeah the 3000GT is a little too heavy, I think it weighs in around 3600 or so. There are a few very nice TT Supras going around campus. One of which running 10s or 11s. I wouldn't put money into my Eclipse, I have a GT, fwd, V6, 5spd. Maybe if I had a GSX i'd reconsider. $15k in a GSX would go a very long way.

I have a Talon Tsi (Eclipse GSX). $15k in my car would bring it into the 10's or 11's if done right.