Clubplanet Nightlife Community

parks/wilson/graham

aeroplano

it was a good night... i arrived at crobar at around 12 and quivver was already rocking the house. shortly after, wilson took over for like a track or two and handed it over to parks. parks managed to move towards a string of constant, monotonous crap that kind of killed my mood for a while. quivver took over once again and managed to make the set somewhat more interesting although a little bit all over the place (he was even playing breaks for like ten minutes... i'm not a fan of breaks, but they were good and it's really what the set needed at that time to kill the monotony parks had already established). wilson took over and he completely shifted the set's momentum. that guy is fucking amazing. after like an hour of wilson, the three of them rotated again and again and i must say that parks most definitely made up for the first half of the night. quivver also threw down some insane tracks. parks ended the set amazingly. i do not recall having ever been as mesmerized regarding the ending of a set. it was so good, that as half the crowd was pounding their feet on the ground and clapping harmoniously, i was thinking to myself, the only way they could ruin such and amazing ending to the night would be to play another god damn track. everything seemed rather surreal, as carmel and wilson stood behind parks holding up a huge american flag (by the way i don't feel patriotic to the united states, but nevertheless it was just one of those moments... dan i hope you took a good picture of that). hope everyone had as good a time as me, and i'll see you next time. marcos.

I agree with marcos, Wilson turned that place upside down when he started, and he did it nicely, he started off slightly slow and then all of a sudden started pounding on that system, after that they did switch a couple of times but i guess Wilson had set the right mood and parks and quivver just kept on with the vibe. The closing track Parks used was Cosmos - Take me with you, which was amazing.

OK my $.02

Some great tracks were droped and I would just love to have the play list.

But... Until around 3:30 or so it was really all over the place. It was like they couldn't come to a concensus what direction to go in.

Still a great night (and great company :) ) but could have been a little more cohesive IMHO.

BTW does anyone know the name/artist/mix of the track that used the Sweet Dreams (Euryithmics) progresion? It was around 3am or so. (and no it wasn't the daft punk remix)