Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Presidents Day Tickets...Who bought em already?

I'm not really feelin any of the big parties...

dt & dd @ world is too much money and from what I hear, world sucks and is too small and the sound is bad.

Lust4 sounded good, but george acosta isn't going to be there, and its like $25...

I HEARD theres another turbulence party that night... Maudy/Karl, can you confirm that(or add details??) I think i'll end up there.

Originally posted by joeg

I'm not really feelin any of the big parties...

dt & dd @ world is too much money and from what I hear, world sucks and is too small and the sound is bad.

Lust4 sounded good, but george acosta isn't going to be there, and its like $25...

I HEARD theres another turbulence party that night... Maudy/Karl, can you confirm that(or add details??) I think i'll end up there.

idlewild again :D. its not finalized yet.

cool, can't wait till its final.

lmao it is now, just got the email. watch me eat my words :D

here we go again....

TURBULENCE v2.0

SUNDAY FEB. 17TH

PRESIDENTS DAY WEEKEND

WITH BREAKS DJ'S

SHUGGA

CER

ROYCE

MIKE ROBINSON

ATOMIK RAGE

@IDLEWILD

145 E. HOUSTON STREET

21+/DOORS AT 10 PM

FREE

Originally posted by klohe

I bought 2 :(

Thank you Klohe. At least someone around here recognizes that the talent at that party is definitely worth the money. If Danny throws down at even close to the level he did last year at Twilo vs Cox, it is definitely going to be a night to remember.

I plan to order my tix sometime this week. See ya there Klohe.

Originally posted by jayp

lmao it is now, just got the email. watch me eat my words :D

here we go again....

TURBULENCE v2.0

SUNDAY FEB. 17TH

PRESIDENTS DAY WEEKEND

WITH BREAKS DJ'S

SHUGGA

CER

ROYCE

MIKE ROBINSON

ATOMIK RAGE

@IDLEWILD

145 E. HOUSTON STREET

21+/DOORS AT 10 PM

FREE

I'm there.

Ron: No doubt DT & DD are good, but I don't think that venue will show them off, nor do I think its worth $50 when I can have a great time for free. Plus I will see DT at LL on the 15th/16th and at vinyl every friday night, all for less than $50 a shot...

Ron: No doubt DT & DD are good, but I don't think that venue will show them off, nor do I think its worth $50 when I can have a great time for free. Plus I will see DT at LL on the 15th/16th and at vinyl every friday night, all for less than $50 a shot...

Joey baby, I can't comment on World since I have never been there. I have heard very mixed reviews about it. The one thing that I have heard is that the place is pretty cool. Its the vibe that usually sux. Think about it Joe, the only people who are gonna pay $45 for this are the serious clubbers, predominantly those that are there for the music.

Sure, it is a shitload of cash, but its President's Day, and like Thanksgiving Eve, it is always a night of monster parties that are talked about forever. I, for one, do not plan on missing it.

Hells fucking yea I will be there... I wouldnt miss anything for this event. The comments about World... yes, the venue isnt all that great, but the vibe is what the party is all about. ( and we all know how wild danny's crowd can get ;] not to mention Deepdish's )

I think the venue is actually quite decent, perfect drinking environment. Sound system isn't the greatest... but I am pretty sure they will re-enforce the sound just for this event.

Cant wait till I hear some PMT! ;]

Hmmm... I'm not sure I agree with you 100% on that Ron... I don't think the amount of money you pay is proportional to the amount of fun you have on a given night.

I'm sure I would have a great time there, but given my experience at the Turbulence 1.0 party, I don't think its worth a $45 difference...

Anyway, have fun wherever you end up, whatever you pay. Thats the important part.

I'm gonna have to side with joeg on this one. $45 is a bit much for a night at a mediocre venue. Yeah yeah DT is great and so is Deep Dish but for many of the Vinylheads among us (including myself) it's just not that enticing. Now a party like Lust 4 with all those DJs might be more fun, and cheaper at $25.

Better still, and maybe it's a phase I am going through now, but there are so many good free parties with so many excellent local DJs (someone mentioned Idlewild) that you really don't need to deal with the superclubs. Unless I'm getting comped, of course:D

Just adding my €2...

Ill be @ "Lust 4 More" on Feb. 17th:D

February 17th (Sunday) - LUST 4 MORE - by Smoove Groove Productions

LINE UP:

GEORGE ACOSTA

SPACE GIRL live PA

HEATHER HEART

PLEASUREHEAD

DATCYDE

SYNTAX ERA

TARZAN & SCOPE

ORION VS HENRY J

REACH & RESONATOR

JAY MASTER JAY

TERRY MULLAN

PHANTOM 45

KAZPA

JOHNNY FAME VS DJ HARDKNOX

CIRCUIT BREAKER VS JIMMY SWIFT

KNOWLEDGE VS GILT-T

MISSING LINK VS KRAZYGLUE

INFO:Price-$30 in advance - $35 until Day of - 18 and Over - 9pm-am - Info 516-247-5557

www.RAVECLiCK.com

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

Ill be @ "Lust 4 More" on Feb. 17th:D

February 17th (Sunday) - LUST 4 MORE - by Smoove Groove Productions

LINE UP:

GEORGE ACOSTA

SPACE GIRL live PA

HEATHER HEART

PLEASUREHEAD

DATCYDE

SYNTAX ERA

TARZAN & SCOPE

ORION VS HENRY J

REACH & RESONATOR

JAY MASTER JAY

TERRY MULLAN

PHANTOM 45

KAZPA

JOHNNY FAME VS DJ HARDKNOX

CIRCUIT BREAKER VS JIMMY SWIFT

KNOWLEDGE VS GILT-T

MISSING LINK VS KRAZYGLUE

INFO:Price-$30 in advance - $35 until Day of - 18 and Over - 9pm-am - Info 516-247-5557

www.RAVECLiCK.com

I heard George Acosta isn't going to be there.

Hmmm... I'm not sure I agree with you 100% on that Ron... I don't think the amount of money you pay is proportional to the amount of fun you have on a given night.

I'm sure I would have a great time there, but given my experience at the Turbulence 1.0 party, I don't think its worth a $45 difference...

Anyway, have fun wherever you end up, whatever you pay. Thats the important part.

I wasn't saying that because it is an expensive venue it will be good. I was trying to say that President's Day parties, if this holds true to last years DT vs CC at Twilo, is a night of pure mayhem. Last year's Presidents Day party was without a doubt the party of the year. I would be upset if this one is too and I miss out because of an extra 20 beans. For me, its the music, and the music will be insane.

Thats just my 20 pesos.

If it was DT & DD at Twilo, I'd be there. From everything I hear about world, It sounds like I should find out if its as bad as "they" say on a night when it won't cost me $45.

I mean, I'm the first one to waste rediculous amounts of money for a good time, but I'm not convinced it would be worth it in this venue.

Hey, maybe i'm wrong, post a review on Monday, and let me know how it was.

Originally posted by roha3000

OK, I just finally read that thread about World. I must say I am more than a little concerned now. A 30 X 40 dancefloor?? That is scary. I just don't know about this now. Someone help me out here.

...the dancefloor is Microscopic...and it gets sooooooo PACKED, basically you have no room to dance...it sux...I went to see Tiesto there, and I had to dance by the doors...:(

Okay world could be bigger and it does suck that all the seating is "vip" but fuck it I loved Tiesto there (closed it out then went to SF) and I loved Danny there.......the cool tv screens all over with cool visuals and weird cartoons from Europe and Asia don't hurt either ehhhh I'll be working off my ticket at the CP table for those of you who are going Lainie is my Mistress of Clubland hehe