Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Billy Shaw's new place(7th & washington) RED---

liquidowner

I get alot of request from the DJ's on this board about spining for me at Liquid. And while I'm not able to help alot of you out because of commitments to other DJ's now is a good opportunity for us to establish a relationship. I'm opening RED at 7th & washington on March 15 so feel free to stop by Liquid and meet up with me to drop of Demos and to talk a bit about what it is that your style would bring to that space. Call 305 531 9411 or just stop by, I'm there usually everyday from 12:00 to about 6:00 so look me up. Thanks, Billy Shaw

Hey Terry,How you doing man. Hope all is good with you. No Nexo at this location, It's hooked up with a booming EAW sound system courtesy of shawn lewis and his reckless abandon of money. But I'm looking for a spot in Ft Laud River front for a Liquid there and I will definetly look you up.Take care

Rosewood,

Why don't you state what position you filled at Liquid? I know the skinny of your situation. Running a nightclub is a tricky business...and with the slack economy it is ten times worse...even the big boys at crobar and Level are feeling the pinch...now don't tell me that "Oh, crobar and Level have 3,000+ every weekend..."...yeah they do, but 60 percent or more of those people are guestlisted, friends of the doorpeople, or otherwise comped. The bloody guestlist lines at both places are twice the size of VIP and general admission lines.

Over the past few months, I've been working closely with the Liquid crew, in a capacity as their first-choice photographer, as well as an informal role of feeling the pulse of the clubbing community and making suggestions to Billy and co. based on my findings.

Anyway, the finance angle of a nightclub operation is tricky. Believe me when I say this though, Liquid is financially solvent. Employees and contractors (like me) are being paid consistently and on time. This week, the new VIP area will be completed, as a matter of fact. Would a desperate club spend money on renovations?

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, be a little clearer on your criticisms, and don't dredge up months-old issues, just because the club happens to draw a crowd nowadays, and you have jealousy issues.

Thanks Pod, It's assholes like this that make me question why I post on boards in the first place. I've givin people free addmission + their guest on new years and special events and offer free addmission to cp members all the time. Whatever this Dick heads reason's are for bad mouthing me and my club I'm sure by his actions he's a spineless coward. I'm at the club everyday and invite Rosey to come on by and settle his grudge with me an invite I'm sure he will decline to accept, None the less, I would be quite happy if he would. It makes my day to set assholes straight. Billy Shaw

You know me Billy, I go to bat for all my nightlife friends on the internet :).

It's the unfortunate side-effect of this technology. The internet is a great equalizer. Broke morons like me bump elbows with some of the most powerful people in nightlife because of stuff we say online, and idiots like rosewood can launch personal attacks in the same method.