Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: "VINYL VIRGINS"

Originally posted by saynotodrama

The idea of Be Yourself @ Vinyl was come as you are, which means ...You don't have to wear slacks and shoes to come here...it's all about the music! As long as you are here to behave, and enjoy great people and great music...COME IN YOUR SKIVVIES if you want! EVERYONE was friendly in Vinyl. If someone accidently bumped into you or stepped on your foot, you got an apology for it!

it's mostly about the music but not all......if it was, there wouldn't be an immense influx of drugs into the venue......please don't deny that there is.........

that may also be why people are so friendly..........I mean, people can be friendly otherwise but you can't tell some of that doesn't come from ecstacy or whatever........some people in there are a little overly friendly.

Originally posted by tyco

I'm not a Vinyl head and don't claim to be but one thing I've noticed is the "true" Vinyl heads think they're some special breed or something.......it's a fucking club......you've gone there every week for the last few years and drooled all over yourself listening to Danny.......big deal......doesn't make you more of a fan of the music more than the next person nor does it make you more of a "true" clubber.......in fact, it just makes you more of a whiner cause that is all you guys seem to do......bitch and moan about "your" crowd.......get over that and over yourselves......maybe Danny should change the name to "Get Over Yourselves @ Vinyl" seems more fitting.

TYCO FOR PRESIDENT........COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!!

it's mostly about the music but not all......if it was, there wouldn't be an immense influx of drugs into the venue......please don't deny that there is.........

that may also be why people are so friendly..........I mean, people can be friendly otherwise but you can't tell some of that doesn't come from ecstacy or whatever........some people in there are a little overly friendly.

I really don't even want to argue this ... Drugs is not the point of this post, I am definitely not denying the fact that there is drug use in Vinyl...there are drugs in EVERY CLUB. Drugs are part of the scene..I don't care what anybody says, ..why are they called "club drugs"?????? What I will say is that Vinyl is ABSOLUTELY much more drug infested than it EVER was. I never saw someone carried out of Vinyl until a couple of weeks ago. Vinyl used to be an older, should I say.."more responsible" crowd who could use drugs but still remember every singe track Danny dropped and list them the next day on a messageboard like this! I never used to look around in there and think to myself, these people are messes! No one had "the face" on ...Now I feel like handing out Oxygen masks to half the people in there! people laying on the floor??? WHAT IS THAT?? Sorry...but that just is not the way Vinyl used to be ..Liquor license or NOT!

Originally posted by cesarleo

TYCO FOR PRESIDENT........COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!!

I second that...... Tyco Really took the words right out of my mouth.....

not to mention the fact that Friday parties in NYC are not what they used to be and there is no where else to go........every good friday club either shut down or was a 1 month wonder......

Originally posted by djdanfury

not to mention the fact that Friday parties in NYC are not what they used to be and there is no where else to go........every good friday club either shut down or was a 1 month wonder......

I REST MY CASE!!! I AM DONE HERE!!

AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO PUT "DJ" IN FRONT OF YOUR NAME???? SHAME ON YOU!!!!

No REAL DJ would say anything THAT ignorant!!!

I WISH SOMEONE COULD TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT CONSTITUTES BEING A DJ BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO ME THAT "DJ" HAS JUST BECOME A COUPLE OF LETTERS OUT OF THE ALPHABET THAT CAN BE PLACED IN FRONT OF ANY WORD, NAME OR PHRASE! EVERYBODY'S A DJ!!??:confused:

DJsaynotodrama

I REST MY CASE!!! I AM DONE HERE!!

AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO PUT "DJ" IN FRONT OF YOUR NAME???? SHAME ON YOU!!!!

No REAL DJ would say anything THAT ignorant!!!

I WISH SOMEONE COULD TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT CONSTITUTES BEING A DJ BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO ME THAT "DJ" HAS JUST BECOME A COUPLE OF LETTERS OUT OF THE ALPHABET THAT CAN BE PLACED IN FRONT OF ANY WORD, NAME OR PHRASE! EVERYBODY'S A DJ!!??:confused:

DJsaynotodrama

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Download some Mp3's,put them on CD and your good to go!:(

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sin-sational

Watch it kids its Joey Mustang -Mr. Club NY-RIGHT!!!

Since its not worth it anymore where do you frequent-Tequila Joe's-hoping to pick up one of those bitches you dream about in your sig.-yeah I thought so!

Sorry never been to tequilla joes, I have no idea where it even is. I do the local thing, captain hooks, xs, boo, jenks, the office, other places too. I hit AC a lot.......

The idea of Be Yourself @ Vinyl was come as you are, which means ...You don't have to wear slacks and shoes to come here...it's all about the music! As long as you are here to behave, and enjoy great people and great music...COME IN YOUR SKIVVIES if you want! EVERYONE was friendly in Vinyl. If someone accidently bumped into you or stepped on your foot, you got an apology for it!

The problem is not people jumping on any bandwagon. Danny has been playing at other clubs with is attracting other types of people, obviously. To be quite honest, three years ago, these people probably would have never stepped foot into Vinyl because of the "Vinyl Crowd" back then! Would anyone seriously argue the fact that an SF regular would have stayed at Vinyl for more than 10 minutes ...3 years ago? Of course, Danny is an incredible DJ who (IMO) takes you on a journey... you walk in at one point and when you leave... you are totally somewhere else, with a few double axles and triple salchow's in between. And people who understand this (and some who don't), whether they be die hard JP fans or diehard Tiesto fans are now coming to Vinyl. The problem is the attitude that these new, "vinyl virgins" (you call yourselves that..what else should I call it?) are bringing to a place that once NEVER had that kind of Vibe, that's what set Vinyl apart from any other Club. The Vibe. Now, Vinyl is in NO WAY Shape or Form ANYTHING like it used to be, except for the fact that it houses the BEST DJ in New York City (once again.. my opinion). Now you go to vinyl.. you get pushed, stepped on, etc. with no kind of acknowlegement whatsoever! Not for nothing, but that's not what it was. Danny's playing at other venues throughout the city has opened many people's minds to a deeper, darker, more soulful type of house music. This isn't a bad thing. The fact that Vinyl has lost its Vibe because these people can't behave in the fashion that the "Vinyl Heads" are used to... THAT's BAD.

All peole are asking is to respect Danny's requests.... to respect, behave, love and enjoy what he has to offer. RESPECT PEOPLE.. leave your attitude at the door. Vinyl is a place like no other...there is no Paris at the door to tell you "You can't come in like that!" so don't act in Vinyl as you would at Sound Factory or Exit. Nothing to be argued here... Just telling it like it is and WAS.

Sayno thank you very well written!!!!!!

NYC needs that Mirical on W27th!! The Only Club that was ever Strickly About the Muzik!!

I really don't even want to argue this ... Drugs is not the point of this post, I am definitely not denying the fact that there is drug use in Vinyl...there are drugs in EVERY CLUB. Drugs are part of the scene..I don't care what anybody says, ..why are they called "club drugs"?????? What I will say is that Vinyl is ABSOLUTELY much more drug infested than it EVER was. I never saw someone carried out of Vinyl until a couple of weeks ago. Vinyl used to be an older, should I say.."more responsible" crowd who could use drugs but still remember every singe track Danny dropped and list them the next day on a messageboard like this! I never used to look around in there and think to myself, these people are messes! No one had "the face" on ...Now I feel like handing out Oxygen masks to half the people in there! people laying on the floor??? WHAT IS THAT?? Sorry...but that just is not the way Vinyl used to be ..Liquor license or NOT!

you have a point but what you need to realize is that this is happening at every club in the whole friggin world......the drug problem is growing worldwide, not just at Vinyl........

and your comments are only perpetuating what I originally posted.......sorrry to break the news but when a club gets really good, it becomes popular......more people, even people the Vinyl "gods" do not approve of will begin to come to the club........the same thing happened at Twilo.......back in the day, it was the Northern Exposure parties with Sasha & Digweed back in like '97 and the parties were awesome........diverse crowd and not too packed.......great vibe.......but as the word got out, Twilo gained a lot of new fans and by 2000 the line was out to 10th Av for these nights.......this is the same as Vinyl the only difference I see is that the Twilo crowd never seemed to feel the need to approve of new people coming in........the more the better, everyone was welcome and was embraced by the party and that's why the vibe was always one of the best this city has seen.......why Vinyl peeps insist on judging everyone that walks in the door is beyond me.........even worse, the friggin party is called "Be Yourself"........you go there and be yourself so why can't the next person......even if the dieties of Vinyl do not approve.......in my eyes, the complainers are worse for the party than the ones being complained about.......check yo self.

ps cesarleo you da man! ;)

you have a point but what you need to realize is that this is happening at every club in the whole friggin world......the drug problem is growing worldwide, not just at Vinyl........

and your comments are only perpetuating what I originally posted.......sorrry to break the news but when a club gets really good, it becomes popular......more people, even people the Vinyl "gods" do not approve of will begin to come to the club........the same thing happened at Twilo.......back in the day, it was the Northern Exposure parties with Sasha & Digweed back in like '97 and the parties were awesome........diverse crowd and not too packed.......great vibe.......but as the word got out, Twilo gained a lot of new fans and by 2000 the line was out to 10th Av for these nights.......this is the same as Vinyl the only difference I see is that the Twilo crowd never seemed to feel the need to approve of new people coming in........the more the better, everyone was welcome and was embraced by the party and that's why the vibe was always one of the best this city has seen.......why Vinyl peeps insist on judging everyone that walks in the door is beyond me.........even worse, the friggin party is called "Be Yourself"........you go there and be yourself so why can't the next person......even if the dieties of Vinyl do not approve.......in my eyes, the complainers are worse for the party than the ones being complained about.......check yo self.

ps cesarleo you da man! ;)

I completely understand and I understand the fact that every party becomes "corrupt". And you speak of Twilo ...and how the same thing happened at Twilo... EXACTLY, AND WHAT HAPPENED TO TWILO? Twilo is no more. I just don't want to see the same happen to Vinyl..

The problem is not people jumping on any bandwagon. Danny has been playing at other clubs with is attracting other types of people, obviously. To be quite honest, three years ago, these people probably would have never stepped foot into Vinyl because of the "Vinyl Crowd" back then! Would anyone seriously argue the fact that an SF regular would have stayed at Vinyl for more than 10 minutes ...3 years ago? Of course, Danny is an incredible DJ who (IMO) takes you on a journey... you walk in at one point and when you leave... you are totally somewhere else, with a few double axles and triple salchow's in between. And people who understand this (and some who don't), whether they be die hard JP fans or diehard Tiesto fans are now coming to Vinyl. The problem is the attitude that these new, "vinyl virgins" (you call yourselves that..what else should I call it?) are bringing to a place that once NEVER had that kind of Vibe, that's what set Vinyl apart from any other Club. The Vibe. Now, Vinyl is in NO WAY Shape or Form ANYTHING like it used to be, except for the fact that it houses the BEST DJ in New York City (once again.. my opinion). Now you go to vinyl.. you get pushed, stepped on, etc. with no kind of acknowlegement whatsoever! Not for nothing, but that's not what it was. Danny's playing at other venues throughout the city has opened many people's minds to a deeper, darker, more soulful type of house music. This isn't a bad thing. The fact that Vinyl has lost its Vibe because these people can't behave in the fashion that the "Vinyl Heads" are used to... THAT's BAD.

All peole are asking is to respect Danny's requests.... to respect, behave, love and enjoy what he has to offer. RESPECT PEOPLE.. leave your attitude at the door. Vinyl is a place like no other...there is no Paris at the door to tell you "You can't come in like that!" so don't act in Vinyl as you would at Sound Factory or Exit. Nothing to be argued here... Just telling it like it is and WAS.

*applause*

I completely understand and I understand the fact that every party becomes "corrupt". And you speak of Twilo ...and how the same thing happened at Twilo... EXACTLY, AND WHAT HAPPENED TO TWILO? Twilo is no more. I just don't want to see the same happen to Vinyl..

that's wishful thinking.......history is against it.......no club in this city, no matter how good, has lasted very long......

and Twilo was not shut down because of the attitude or actions of the clubbers, it was shut do to the incident with the staff.......I realize that this was provoked by clubber's actions but it could've been easily avoided.......I mean, if the old Vinyl people would welcome a new group into their club that is not gonna lead to it being shut down......I don't even see the relation......:D