Clubplanet Nightlife Community

travel to london

MadamMillie

You should be able to find RT tix in the $300 range pretty easily if you book out a couple weeks in advance with a Saturday night stayover. When I went out there last month, my tickets were right around $300. But I think booking at least two weeks in advance and with a Sat stayover is key to getting that price.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

You should be able to find RT tix in the $300 range pretty easily if you book out a couple weeks in advance with a Saturday night stayover. When I went out there last month, my tickets were right around $300. But I think booking at least two weeks in advance and with a Sat stayover is key to getting that price.

He's right. Also if you fly on mon-thrus instead of the weekend you can find cheaper rates. Try internet sites like orbitz or qixo they have some cheap rates. Good luck!

Depends on which airport you are flying into London makes a price difference, Heathrow is usually the cheapest. Time of yearmakes a big difference. Try Virgin atlantic the hve deals going to london right now, but you have to fly before march 31st. I am going to England in May so I have been doing alot of checking and everything I find around that time are 700-750 and thats just too much. Also look for deals going to Paris, frankurt or anywhere in Europe and take the train when you get there.

hey runningman

if you look on travelocity, there are fares roundtrip from dc to lhr (heathrow) for 244 (plus you gotta figure in taxes and stuff, prolly about 90 - 100), and from nyc, it's running around 200 (plus taxes). my problem is i'm trying to find flights from dallas, and that's a lot more expensive. anyways, check out travelocity. also i believe virgin atlantic is having a great sale but again from select cities like ny. check out smarterliving.com - they've got a great list of airfare fare sales.

Originally posted by MadamMillie

hey runningman

if you look on travelocity, there are fares roundtrip from dc to lhr (heathrow) for 244 (plus you gotta figure in taxes and stuff, prolly about 90 - 100), and from nyc, it's running around 200 (plus taxes). my problem is i'm trying to find flights from dallas, and that's a lot more expensive. anyways, check out travelocity. also i believe virgin atlantic is having a great sale but again from select cities like ny. check out smarterliving.com - they've got a great list of airfare fare sales.

ouch! from Dallas, if your travelling from there maybe travellling to Miami, Orlando, Tampa etc. and leaving to London from there. Since there always tons of Brits in Fla. espcially Orlando and Tampa, there might be some specials if you leave from there.

I went a couple of years ago and it was like 350 RT from Miami.

Originally posted by MadamMillie

anyone know any travel agents or places to get cheapo tix to london? i've checked out all the usual suspects but can;t find anything cheap enough (hopign for 300 - 350 roundtrip)

Hey I tried travelocity and everyhwere but the dates that I am traveling on are duringthe high season and 750 is the cheapest I can find them. I do have a coupon that is good for zone A travel (east coast) for 349 RT. But you have to book buy 31 March and complete travel by 31 may. which takes me cause I don't return until 3 june and I already called and tried t swindle a three day extenstion and they said no way. Also if you travel before 31 april I think its 249 RT. I have the coupon and am willing to give it up since it is useless to me now.