Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Classic Animated movies: Now Sequels??

took my kid to see peter pan

i fell asleep but i did notice one cool thing...they didn't try to change the graphics of the movie into some big/you can't miss it computer production like shrek(which i hope you didn't miss)..it was almost like they made part 2 years ago

definatly a kids movie tho..not much for big folks too enjoy(that's why i fell asleep)

Excelent (non musical) thread!

'cause it just so happens I was having this conversation with the bigwigs at my TV station (we air Buena Vista/Disney movies).

It really comes down to this: MONEY (and economy)

1st: Yes they are using familiar material because thats what people want. Consumers dont have "spendthrift" money right now, thus making fewer purchases, and the ones they *do make they want to make sure they know what they are getting. I mean lets face it, a "part 2" to any good movie gets out attention slightly more than an "unknown" one.

2nd: ALAS Disney has serious competition out there now: Pixar(not directly), Dreamworks, Don Bluth Animation, ect.

Dont know about you, but I'm tired of the SAME OL' DISNEY rehash plot line/main character/toy line/happy meal routine.

and I think the population is seeing the pattern.

I'm just chock full of imnformation today aint I? :-D

See my whole qaundry is WHY DO IT? WHY NOT RELEASE THE ORIGINALS? Kids that go see these movies grow up so quickly that you still have basically a fresh generation to experience the originals every 3 years. I mean don't we already know what happened didn't they LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER??? Now suddenly there is more drama in Cinderella's life what kinda BS is that. She was a abused kid from a disfunctional family that married into a rich royal family. Can't we be satisfied with that? :) I have a 5 Year old cousin, I went to babysit her about a month ago and she busts out the Little Mermaid 2??? Ariel had a KID. Man if I did't feel old before, even the Animated movies I saw not to long ago are having kids. I am sickened.

I definitely agree with you..

It should end at a childs imagination.. they lived happily ever after and thats it..

I cant believe Ariel has a baby.. and they wonder why kids grow up so freakin fast:rolleyes:

Kids are going to have enough drama when they grow up anywayz.. let them at least enjoy their chilhood..

I agree bring out the originals on big screen..I forgot what animation they did that with a couple of years ago..:confused:

I know they had Re-released FANTASIA and I think Snow White

This is just another sign of the times. I remember even like Saved By the Bell which was cheesy but funny all the same where I think the Biggest drama was Zack and Slater fighting over Kelly!

Now it's "CITY GUYS" and the episode deal with like COLUMBINE SITUATIONS and GANG WARFARE.

:eek: