Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"we want draper... we want draper..."

sextacy911

Sunday, feb 17th... Exit2 nyc... dj scribbles was spinning... mixing house, rap, r&b... he was OK... not bad... but i know he could do better... scribble decided to take a lill break i guess and let some other dj take over...

this is what i hear

DC - never knew

"i never knew what we had would die, all i wanna do is hide awaayyy all the hurt and paaa--"

the music gets cut off and all i hear is the crowd screaming

"WE WANT DRAPER.... WE WANT DRAPER..."

I have never laughed so hard b4 in my life...

LMFAO all i did was jump in my cousins car and head back into Jersey to get something to eat....

lemme know what u think.. and please no drama.. :)

Not starting drama, AT ALL------but I would like to point out that the "Exit sucks" and "Tony Sucks" threads are old, and dead

1) Going to an exit "no ID" night is a terrible idea from the start, even if you are underage. The club fell off completely. If you like DJ Skribble that much

2) Tranza......when the Skribble rip of Pressure popped up, I believe you said that you kinda liked it, and reminded you of Come to Me......why is it cheesy all the sudden? Dont get me wrong, I thought it was hot as well when I heard it there, but my taste changed dramatically since then.

3) Draper does spin vinyl, but rarely did at exit. The vinyl would always be in his beginning tribal sets, or at the end of the night when he would drop tracks that were hot at SF, months prior.

Personally (wherever he spins next), I think he will switch over to tribal sets from now on (see the thread on Tony Draper's Xmas CD).

That is of course, if another track like "Band Camp" does not pop up..... (please god no)

Originally posted by DJMikeE

Not starting drama, AT ALL------but I would like to point out that the "Exit sucks" and "Tony Sucks" threads are old, and dead

1) Going to an exit "no ID" night is a terrible idea from the start, even if you are underage. The club fell off completely. If you like DJ Skribble that much

2) Tranza......when the Skribble rip of Pressure popped up, I believe you said that you kinda liked it, and reminded you of Come to Me......why is it cheesy all the sudden? Dont get me wrong, I thought it was hot as well when I heard it there, but my taste changed dramatically since then.

im gunna answer these 2 questions for u... (NO DRAMA) :) ...

1) I promoted for the no id night so i had to go no matter what to give left over tickets to my head promoter... and i also did want to hear scribble... most of my friends were going so i decided it wouldnt be a bad idea to go...

2) I personally talk to tranza online a lot.. and he told me CHEESE is not always a bad thing when he sez it... (i think the same exact way)... there is cheese like "christmas techno mix" which is horrible... then there is cheese like "steve cova - Danger On The Floor" which is pretty good....

^^^ #2 words of tranza

just clearing up some stuff...

the rest... other ppl might answer 4 u

Have a nice day :) :)

sextacy, i hear where you are coming from.......Skribble is definitely talented, and enjoyable to listen to. I was in the same position last friday where I wanted to hear Tiesto that bad, that I was willing to go to exit.

with the cheese thing, i felt that this was more of a bashing a song that the guy wrote like a year ago......I think at one point every dj produces an awful track (ahem.....Party Up (Jonathan Peters mix)

Originally posted by DJMikeE

I never said I didnt like it.. It's cheesy, I like it.. Shoot me..

yeah, i know what you mean-i kinda like it too.......kinda came up at the wrong time

......im just tired of the whole bashing tony draper thing/ exit sux thing......especially cuz he doesnt even work there anymore.......its OLD NEWS..............hes not nearly as talented as other NYC djs. So be it.....ponitless saying the same thing, over and over............

I had a question for you as well, Is SF running their Anniv party the day after PVD???