Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whistles At Clubs

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . whistles need to be used properly, just like any other party paraphrenalia . . . There is added emphasis on timing in this case as you're making noise (as opposed to doing a light show, with the sticks . . ) . . . Whistles must be used VERY sparingly and at the right time during the progression of songs . . .

. . Say the DJ's playing more jumpy type stuff . . a whistle would be a appropriate after say . . a big breakdown and drop right between the three and the end of the bar . . . One and two and three tweet tweet!! . . . only once per song . . no more . . .

Whistles suck soooooooooooo bad. I could slap all the bitches, even if they use it only once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was this dude at the 3 year anniv. @ VINYL who had a whistle. I just wanted to grab the damn thing out of his mouth and throw it away.

If you're going to use a whistle, like PhuturePhunk said, you gotta use it properly. I mean at least blow it to the beat of the f*ckin' song.......... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . whistles need to be used properly, just like any other party paraphrenalia . . . There is added emphasis on timing in this case as you're making noise (as opposed to doing a light show, with the sticks . . ) . . . Whistles must be used VERY sparingly and at the right time during the progression of songs . . .

. . Say the DJ's playing more jumpy type stuff . . a whistle would be a appropriate after say . . a big breakdown and drop right between the three and the end of the bar . . . One and two and three tweet tweet!! . . . only once per song . . no more . . .

Yes... it can work but hardly anybody knows how to do it right.

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

i definitely hear ya.

you know what else is annoyinG?? that damn siren in vinyl. how the hell did something like that get into there? it was hilarious when roger sanchez was there, he kept turning it on every few miuntes. it was like a child with a new toy. soooo annoying, and ear piercing. it belongs in exit, not in vinyl.

The siren goes back to the days of the original Sound Factory (not the new cheesy one, but the original one). WHISTLES ARE ANNOYING THOUGH.

I remember hanging out in the limelight on wednesday, and me and my friends had whistles (The brand had to be "The Thunderer's) a whistle made in london, when we were on the dance floor tripping out dusted or whatever, you ocasionally saw the outta place person, with like a suit on or something...we used to blow the whistles right in there ears lol....the good old days...disco2000...anyway, they can be annoying if the person just blows on um.

BUT THERE FUN!

Especially the person whos in the front seat driving home.

If we went out with whistles you didnt want the front seat.

Also another good trip is.....

Go in a busy parking lot with a car with friends, park somewhere in the lot ....then when you see someone, scream help and blow on the whistle,, YOU GOTTA SEE the expression on the persons face!!! LOL