Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where to party in New Orleans???

I need your input once again for anyone who has been to New Orleans. I'm going down for the weekend (I'm aware Mardi Gras is over but I'm still looking for a good time). I was wondering where I should go to party for the weekend. Are there any half decent clubs or is it all about the bars or what? Supposedly, N.O. is always off the chain so I shouldn't have too hard a time over there but if anyone had any suggestions on places they had been before, I would be very thankful and it would save me the headache of not having any places to go ahead of time. At least if I know a couple of good spots to fall back on in case I can't find anything on my own. Thanks for your help...

There's really not too much in the way of clubs. Just wander around downtown (not just Bourbon) and you'll find tons of places. Also try the Fauborg-Marigny district, which is right outside of the French Quarter. I haven't been there for a few years so I can't really give you any specific names.

Whiskey Blue, Whiskey Bar, Red Room, The Columns, The Metro, Fat Harry's, Cooter Brown's, Vera Cruz, Superior Grill, Phillip's, The Bulldog, and if you want to pick up some college girls--The Boot and Waldo's :D. Take a walk down Bourbon for the touristy route, St. Charles for some of the nicer places. EAT everywhere! Go to Magazine St for some artsy, funky, one of a kind stores and of course explore the French Quarter. New Orleans has a lot of hidden secrets.

And don't forget...

OZ! :D

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

735 is def a pretty good club down in nola. also, i had lots of good nights at larry flynt's hustler club on burboun st. :eek:

735 is across the street from Oz so if you're there check it out....but it's pretty cheesy by local standards ;) Also try balcony bar..and whatever you do, stay away from razzoo...:D

Originally posted by ReginaP

735 is across the street from Oz so if you're there check it out....but it's pretty cheesy by local standards ;) Also try balcony bar..and whatever you do, stay away from razzoo...:D

OMG, the Razzoo- lmao! That just brought back some freshman year memories!

Just got back and had a blast...wish I could tell you half of the places I went to but I can't remember(that's a good thing). However, I did go to Razoo and I had a blast but it was only because I got with one of the tooter girls who work there...Also, I went to 735 on Saturday night and heard the sorriest excuse for dance music ever but I had my Ribbon Photon lights so everyone there was ooohing and aaahing at the site of someone who actually knew how to dance...so much to do there that I will be returning in the near future and make my way to some of the places I missed this time...thanks for all your help and info

h2